News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

mitchk

I have reservations june 26- july 7 @All Star music. Got the same email. Waiting to see what they send me, so i can modify/ reschedule. Don't want to cancel as I would like to hopefully utilize the 35% for a stay in late October/ early November. But if I can't apply it to a different stay then i'll cancel.

If you use the 35% discount you can reschedule of course like you said no free dining but you can reschedule ..I’m a travel agent and from what I am told the 35% applies to every resort

Last edited:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I called to ask a few questions and she stated they cannot do any modifying of resort/ticket reservations at this time. I'm hoping to move to a different resort but it may be a while.
Same here. We wanted to add a few more nights to an existing reservation. Were told it's not possible at this time. Guess we'll have to wait and see if that'd be possible later on.

Patcheslee

I’m just not quite understanding this move on Disney’s part. It seems like it will encourage point-of-sale interactions.

Wouldn’t instead demoting all dining packages to counter service - eliminating table service credits entirely - help dissuade cash payment and help facilitate ordering in the app? I only ordered in the app on the last trip if I was using a dining credit. If they had converted the plans, wouldn’t it have helped drive guests toward app order, fewer human interactions, and counter service options?
Depends on if they plan to reduce menu offerings as well. We all know some places are more expensive than others and usually the best use of credits. If they've cut the menus AND restaurants there may be people that complain they had purchased the plan with the understanding a majority of it would be available. Not to mention are prices going to be raised?

zengoth

Depends on if they plan to reduce menu offerings as well. We all know some places are more expensive than others and usually the best use of credits. If they've cut the menus AND restaurants there may be people that complain they had purchased the plan with the understanding a majority of it would be available. Not to mention are prices going to be raised?
Also begs the question of kitchen staff being able to safely distance. Waiting for order up at someplace like Columbia Harbour House and it looks like the kitchen is packed.

mhaftman7

As others have stated, no modifications are available at this time. I’ll just wait for the follow up communication. It’s a shame that the website says they are assisting current reservations, but the generic email says they are not.

disneygeek90

Anyone besides me hoping they get rid of the requirement of using a PIN when paying with a magic band. I know it's not as "secure" but the idea of having to type a code on the same machine hundreds of other people have each day doesn't exactly sound appropriate. I'd rather just pay attention to my band and deactivate it if lost than have to use a PIN.
I agree. Pin is kind of pointless in the end. The magicband is on your wrist and you’ll know quickly if you’ve lost it... I’d also like if they could link your band to credit card purchases.

durangojim

I agree. Pin is kind of pointless in the end. The magicband is on your wrist and you’ll know quickly if you’ve lost it... I’d also like if they could link your band to credit card purchases.
Do you mean if you’re not staying on site for the credit card so it’s a direct transaction? I always link a credit card to my room account but can understand the value of it was used more like an Apple Watch.

disneygeek90

Do you mean if you’re not staying on site for the credit card so it’s a direct transaction? I always link a credit card to my room account but can understand the value of it was used more like an Apple Watch.
If you’re not on site there’s no way to charge via the band. I always felt it would be an additional “use” for it. Right now if you’re not a resort guest all it’s really used for is entry and fast passes.

jinx8402

Anyone besides me hoping they get rid of the requirement of using a PIN when paying with a magic band. I know it's not as "secure" but the idea of having to type a code on the same machine hundreds of other people have each day doesn't exactly sound appropriate. I'd rather just pay attention to my band and deactivate it if lost than have to use a PIN.

What would be great would be to give a way to use the mde app as 2 factor authentication. So you scan your magic bands and get a notification on your phone asking if it was you. Select yes or no. Selecting no would deny the transaction.

This could be opt in for those who do have a smart phone/app. But would require PIN for those who don't have a smart phone.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Just pay on your phone.

durangojim

What would be great would be to give a way to use the mde app as 2 factor authentication. So you scan your magic bands and get a notification on your phone asking if it was you. Select yes or no. Selecting no would deny the transaction.

This could be opt in for those who do have a smart phone/app. But would require PIN for those who don't have a smart phone.
Also if Disney could make an app compatible with Apple Watch or the Android alternative that would be great too.

Dad 2 M & M

I have been out very minimally over the past 10 weeks. I was getting my groceries delivered for about the first 8 and not going anywhere else aside from a walk or bike ride. Going to City Walk a couple weeks ago, and then Springs a day later was a bit jarring. Yes it was nice to be back but it was incredibly weird, from the markers to the signs to the plexiglass to the masks. Now that I've been to Springs 3 times the abnormal has started to feel normal.
Maybe after a few trips back it will set in.......our trips will be few and far between for awhile...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom