The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

What is going on there? Protests? Riots? I haven't been home or on technology until now, we went to the Arboretum again.

We got rerouted through St. Paul Mn today and while it hasn't seen what Minneapolis has it was still really sad to see so many businesses and houses boarded an blocked off. It was sad to see pleas written on the boards like "community owned business remember we stand with you" and stuff like that in case looters/rioters come. :(

I was so proud of the protestors in Cincinnati yesterday.. they were not destructive, they marched, once blocked the highway, but it was relatively peaceful. Then, shortly after 11pm, more people came out, and that’s when the crowd started getting destructive. I think 12 businesses had their windows broken, a few looted. Luckily no fires, other than in a dumpster.
Peaceful protestors are out again today, hopefully the bad element doesn’t come back tonight.

However, Columbus crowds have been a lot more destructive.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I forgot that you were in the Minneapolis area @ajrwdwgirl Stay safe! The images are gut wrenching. I have never lived in or near a city with destructive riots.. Minneapolis and St Paul look like a war zone in the pictures being shown. I’m praying for everyone in that area, and all over.

Thanks, we live far enough away that we should be safe. I know quite a few people thought that work in Minneapolis/St. Paul so I'm worried about that. A friend of mine has a brother-in-law that is a Minneapolis Police Officer, it must be so nerve wracking for their family. The Arboretum we are members of is in the southern metro area and not close to the area the rioting has been going on so we felt safe going there. On the drive there this morning we could see smoke from the fires though. A couple weeks ago B and I had talked about going to eat at a deli we really like in Minneapolis but it was a no go for us today. We actually didn't even plan to drive through St. Paul but road construction on the route that avoided it would have made the drive about 45 minutes longer than normal. To say watching all of this so close is a bummer is a huge understatement. I guess I'm just a little naive and I wish everyone could just get along.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Absolutely, you talk about a morale booster during these crazy times, that was it...and the tech now to watch it all is AMAZING...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull:

:happy: Like I mentioned to hubs, "Today is Christmas Day for geeks!"

(I got a kick out of NASA TV, hearing the all the guys whooping it up in the background, when things were going right during the spaceship flight. ) That's why I enjoyed CSPAN carrying the NASA TV coverage, as it's not as censured as the regular TV stations' coverage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom