News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I see at least 3 to 4 nights of available for 1 bedrooms at AKL/KV, Copper Creek, Boulder Ridge, BW, OKW, BLK, and of course SSR.
Ok, I do see a few places where you can make a 1 bedroom work for a 4 day stay. You would really have to be flexible with your dates though, as the availability is still few and far between. I will grant you that it is weird to see that much, but I have a feeling that people that would have reserved for September, held off until they knew more about what is going to happen. October looks a lot more booked, like normal.

RaveOnEd

You are getting the 35% room rate discount on your August trip?!
Yeah. We had our trip booked for May, but when the incentive came up to book June-September with free dining, we picked August (to fit with our daughter's college semesters.)

When I was talking with Mickey Travels yesterday, she said that our dining was cancelled, but would be getting the 35%.

Ben_since_1971

Got word from the person helping us at Mickey Travels, and she said that our dining plan and reservations will be cancelled, but we'll be getting a 35% discount on the resort booking (we booked for May, had to move to August and had the free dining plan incentive at that point, which is now cancelled).

But we'll be getting the opportunity to make other dining reservations 60 days out, and we'll be able to make park reservations. So far, we're still going to go. It's WDW, our favorite place, and it's always been an escape from reality for a while (and we need it more than ever now!)
If this is the way it will work, my trip is still on. I had booked the Free Dining back in Jan/Feb. My concern was how they would handle the package reservation and cost. If they will apply that 35% to my current bill, my trip is still on. I will grab what I can for ADRs, and go CS the rest of the way.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Many get Disney Dining for free if reserved in certain time frames. I'm thinking Disney doesn't want to be giving out anything for "free" right now. Capacity in those locations is also questionable at best.
Considering half the resort rooms are going to be empty anyway giving a discount on the room instead costs them nothing. It’s also easier to manage room discounts.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
"According to a Facebook post by one of the Walt Disney World transportation unions, Disney will be offering all full-time Cast Members the option to voluntarily transfer to a temporary role to get back to work quicker."

"The voluntary transfer would be a one-call that goes out to all full-time Cast Members who then must request a transfer. Cast Members will not be automatically transferred, and this doesn’t apply to any other status besides full-time. Disney will attempt to fill positions with Cast Members who previously worked them first, and backfill with Cast Members who have volunteered for this temporary transfer.

Cast Members will be paid according to the rate set forth for their new, temporary location, and they will be transferred back to their old location once it reopens, in seniority order."

Ahh...now the game is on. The “streamlining” has begun.

Remember that 7/11 date was not an accident.
Are everyone's ADRs still showing on their MDE? I was surprised to hear they are cancelling through the end of the year, but my November ressies are still showing.
...they gone.
Pandemic or not, this has been a thing for a long time. Last time we stayed at the Poly was 2010. That year, and the two previous we couldn't get ADRs at 'Ohana. We got in by lining up at the reservation desk in the lobby and waiting as a walkup. Not something I thought was a plus, not being able to eat at the restaurant in the hotel you were staying at.
Yeah...and ohana isn’t exactly the cats meow either

A problem for wdw for many years is how they charge premium for their rooms...but don’t restrict access and over book the services.
If you pay $550 a night...you should have a table with few questions asked.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Does anyone remember how easy it used to be to get dining reservations before the dining plans came out? Dining plans greatly increased people going to table services. You used to just be able to wait till you got to the park the day of and make a reservation.
I do remember. I also got to experience that again last summer at DLR. Most of the restaurants were walk ins every day we were there. We actually made a few reservations because we are regulars to WDW and thought we needed them. The only place that was booked solid is the restaurant in Pirates. Everything else was either seated right away or less than a 30 min wait. Due to extremely less capacity I have a feeling it won’t be like that at WDW anytime soon. :(

GlassHalfFull

Do we think since AP's won't be able to go right away without reservation that everyones AP's will be reactivated upon first entry to the park? and extended the length it was cut short by after that? I.e. mine was to expire May 3rd.. so once I use my AP it will be extended just short of 2 months after that?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Do we think since AP's won't be able to go right away without reservation that everyones AP's will be reactivated upon first entry to the park? and extended the length it was cut short by after that? I.e. mine was to expire May 3rd.. so once I use my AP it will be extended just short of 2 months after that?
I believe that’s how Shanghai worked it. You could choose to keep extending your AP and not go while reservations are required or you could make a reservation and go. Once you go to the park the clock starts again on the AP again.

stratman50th

Yeah...and ohana isn’t exactly the cats meow either
A problem for wdw for many years is how they charge premium for their rooms...but don’t restrict access and over book the services.
If you pay $550 a night...you should have a table with few questions asked.
I'm not jaded enough to feel they should lock out reservations for anyone who would like them, property wide, but maybe they could ask when you book at a resort, any resort with a table service restaurant if you want a reservation. When I say ask, maybe a line with a place to check the box. Might be a simple way to provide for that resort's guests, especially when the resort reservations are made months in advance.

MrHappy

Standalone tickets are being extended through 9/26/2021. My brothers dated ticket, which he bought from undercovertourist now has 9/26/21 as the expiration date.
Hmm, so not multi day park hoppers? I have to imagine those will be extended through 2021 as well. Anyone with more info?

GlassHalfFull

I'm not jaded enough to feel they should lock out reservations for anyone who would like them, property wide, but maybe they could ask when you book at a resort, any resort with a table service restaurant if you want a reservation. When I say ask, maybe a line with a place to check the box. Might be a simple way to provide for that resort's guests, especially when the resort reservations are made months in advance.

I agree with this.. if you make a reservation greater than 180 days out and are paying a premium for the Disney experience, you should be able to get guaranteed priority for on site dining. You could check each location at that single resort that you want to eat at and it would be added automatically on your reservation. This would create issues if the early morning magic etc would arise so you'd want to change your dates, but truth is, there should be some perk of staying at a certain hotel.

Hawg G

I understand canceling dining and FPP reservations because of changes in capacity on attractions and in restaurants, but why cancel the dining plan?

I got a free dining plan by rebooking during a current stay. I opted for a deluxe resort to get the standard plan. Now, I’m still paying the same price for my room, but I have to pay for dining—and the dining reservations I made in February are useless.

Curious how many idiots won’t figure this out, and pay rack rate with no Dining.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I agree with this.. if you make a reservation greater than 180 days out and are paying a premium for the Disney experience, you should be able to get guaranteed priority for on site dining. You could check each location at that single resort that you want to eat at and it would be added automatically on your reservation. This would create issues if the early morning magic etc would arise so you'd want to change your dates, but truth is, there should be some perk of staying at a certain hotel.
EMHs are cancelled too. At least for now. The only benefit to staying on property now looks to be a priority when booking a park reservation. Outside of DHS and maybe MK on some days I’m not sure that will be a huge advantage either. I guess being certain you can get into DHS is probably the biggest perk. That park has the newest stuff and the lowest capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom