News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Allyp

In the Parks
Yes
This is all great news. Much easier to wipe out the system and start fresh considering everything that has gone on. It would take infinitely more time to sort out everyone’s mess of reservations and whether they are even considering coming or just leaving on the books “just in case”. Now everyone gets an equal shot. Florida residents and APs (who are MORE likely to be going into the parks since travel is at a minimum) actually get some experiences without worrying too far in advance. Also, I secretly hope this permanently kills the 180-day nonsense. 60 days is more reasonable for all humans.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have a theory....
This is going to be a very good thing in the long run for Disney Resort guests and AP holders. Hear me out: every business wants to achieve peak customer satisfaction and peak customer profitability. One of the largest gripes of Disney guests recently is “it’s too crowded.” This is Disney’s attempt to make the guest experience best for their most profitable guests. I can see in the post-COVID world that Disney sticks with this reservation attendance system and they transition from a quantity of guest game to a quality of guest game. Purely speculation on my part.
People aren’t paying $1000 a day for reduced crowd tickets.

Disney is “too crowded” because they didn’t add much for 15 years...plain and simple. Growth combined with stagnation.

But Disney parks make money on a MASS model. Less attendance was never ever a plan...I assure you. What they’re building now is to gain attendance...not shed it.

R W B

My wife and I just booked AOM for Oct yesterday morning. She has an AP but I don't, I always just buy my ticket when I get there but I see that's not possible at this time since we'll have to have park reservations. Making sure I get a ticket and we both get park reservations on the same day should be fun.....

TeriofTerror

My wife and I just booked AOM for Oct yesterday morning. She has an AP but I don't, I always just buy my ticket when I get there but I see that's not possible at this time since we'll have to have park reservations. Making sure I get a ticket and we both get park reservations on the same day should be fun.....
Two members of our party didn't have tickets, and we were able to get some from Undercover Tourist about an hour and a half ago!

mhaftman7

This is all great news. Much easier to wipe out the system and start fresh considering everything that has gone on. It would take infinitely more time to sort out everyone’s mess of reservations and whether they are even considering coming or just leaving on the books “just in case”. Now everyone gets an equal shot. Florida residents and APs (who are MORE likely to be going into the parks since travel is at a minimum) actually get some experiences without worrying too far in advance. Also, I secretly hope this permanently kills the 180-day nonsense. 60 days is more reasonable for all humans.
Unfortunately, I highly enjoyed the phased planning of my trip, including the dining at 6 months. I just saw all the updates. My wife was on the fence about changing our August reservation at WL. I think this may have Sparta kicked the fence down.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
I respect your opinion...but I think it’s the exact opposite. They don’t want to open and are doing so to appease Wall Street and Florida.
Absolutely they don’t want to open under these circumstances. But there is more than $1b a month lost worldwide. That is hemorrhaging money and unsustainable. The rest of the state economy depends on them opening. USO played along. Disney apparently doesn’t share the governors enthusiasm.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Unfortunately, I highly enjoyed the phased planning of my trip, including the dining at 6 months. I just saw all the updates. My wife was on the fence about changing our August reservation at WL. I think this may have Sparta kicked the fence down.
Same here. We have 2 families going in August and as of last night 2 adults wanted to cancel, 1 on the fence and 1 firmly wanting to still go. Losing all the ADRs we had and no FP reservations will likely put the final 2 people over the top. We may try to reschedule for Feb. That’s the latest I can use my DVC points.

jrhwdw

I respect your opinion...but I think it’s the exact opposite. They don’t want to open and are doing so to appease Wall Street and Florida.
Well! If WDW didn't want to open and be shut for who knows how long ....Why did they bother to go the task force yesterday ! Heck! Why is Springs even open! You mean to tell me Yesturday was just fake news if the Gov turns it down and WDW doesn't come up another date?!!?!?

StoneCutter589

I understand canceling dining and FPP reservations because of changes in capacity on attractions and in restaurants, but why cancel the dining plan?

I got a free dining plan by rebooking during a current stay. I opted for a deluxe resort to get the standard plan. Now, I’m still paying the same price for my room, but I have to pay for dining—and the dining reservations I made in February are useless.

Rider

I understand canceling dining and FPP reservations because of changes in capacity on attractions and in restaurants, but why cancel the dining plan?

I got a free dining plan by rebooking during a current stay. I opted for a deluxe resort to get the standard plan. Now, I’m still paying the same price for my room, but I have to pay for dining—and the dining reservations I made in February are useless.
Too many people with DDPs booked and not enough capacity to serve them all.

Allyp

In the Parks
Yes

And it‘s also perfectly ok to want to cancel your reservation too (no snark, being sincere). If you and your family are simply not comfortable traveling to WDW or feel like your money is not going as far as it would have (also true), it’s reasonable to want to cancel. Disney will still be here when you are ready.

mhaftman7

Same here. We have 2 families going in August and as of last night 2 adults wanted to cancel, 1 on the fence and 1 firmly wanting to still go. Losing all the ADRs we had and no FP reservations will likely put the final 2 people over the top. We may try to reschedule for Feb. That’s the latest I can use my DVC points.
The problem we have is our school district really frowns on kids taking vacations during the school year and my oldest is going to be a senior. My wife had previously stated she’d like to go during MVMCP or whatever the short hand is. Jersey week would be the best option being the schools are usually closed for Election Day and in service days Thurs and Fri. It also looks as if they are giving a 35% room discount as well. So, we’ll see.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Not merely useless, gone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom