News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

durangojim

Cedar Point will probably be opening soon. You could vacation there
We like Cedar Point, and I used to go in high school and college but we have 12 nights at the GF for a more "relaxing" vacation. We had a nice restaurant reservation for dinner each nigh (California Grill, Victoria and Albert's, Topolino's, etc.) so if we can't make something like our original trip happen we may go up north to the Traverse City area and stay along the shore of Lake Michigan. Cedar Point is great but it's not the same kind of total experience we were looking for.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Really shocked they are taking out the dining until 2021?!?
yeah that caught me by surprise as well. It sounds like they are assuming this will be the norm thru end of the year perhaps
I’m shocked...to be honest...didn’t catch that.

So they’re “plan” is to have far limited dining capacity through the 3 holiday gauntlet? Good luck with that.

Can I be an optimist and hope this means priority seating is returning?
Not gonna lie, the person I'm a little concerned for now is @lentesta . I can't imagine how hard it must be to try to figure out what to put in the 2021 Guide or on touringplans.com. That's gotta be tough.
#firstworldproblems
Let's all take a moment to pray for the travel agents who will be trying to rebook dining, entry, ect. for all their clients that will have an immediate booking window when it opens. It's going to be stressful and unfortunately probably some not so nice clients. :confused:
...ummmm
Thanks! We're putting off the next edition of the big book, in favor of a smaller book we can update quickly as procedures change.

TP will be fine. The stats team started preparing for something like this as soon as the parks were shut. So that was time well spent.
Yeah...I thought about answering for you...but it was too obvious and you nipped it in the bud.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I received one last night. Not sure which reservations they are talking about, however- I have dining/events booked for July 20-24 (no hotel), and an entire trip for 4 booked for August 24-30 at Swan/with tickets/dining/events. I also have an AP for both trips, but it has not been activated yet.
It didn't reference any dates.
I'm assuming the July trip will not happen now, due to the conference probably being canceled, but the August trip was a family trip, and I'm a bit anxious about how stressful this whole thing will be. We've decided to hang on for a bit to see what we're going to do, and how they are going to deal with our tickets, and rebooking, which doesn't seem very clear.
I got a “guidelines for planning for your upcoming trip...” one last night...

And I don’t have one. DVC glitch i think.

durangojim

We didn't receive this email. Our trip was for 8/7. Did they exclude us because we had only paid the deposit? I thought I was being smart by waiting until it was due and when I knew they were open.
The interesting thing is that we have about 1/3 of our GF reservation paid for, but it was my wife who received the email. We all have APs and the reservation is under my account with her linked but she has two separate dining reservations under her account for just her and my daughter. She is the one who received the email, while I, the person with the hotel reservation and majority of Fps have not. Weird.

Dad 2 M & M

Do beaches in South Carolina Involve 80% flights, long car rides and/or $5,000-10,000 weekly bills to pack?

I’d say it’s a tad easier.

I don’t know what the demand will be...I know what’s been released and the “adjustments” hasn’t looked too promising so far.

My guess is intial surge with very low capacity being reached...then an overall drop in demand in the fall. There’s so much up in the air from a schedule disruption/economic standpoint...I don’t see a business as usual fall.

But I’ve been wrong before...
Ummmm....Dah hee HEE to your first two comments. Point was people crowded the beaches and the expectation the World will be crowded too.

Wonder how the suspension of ticket sales will work, or how soon it will reopen. Cut and paste below:

Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make a theme park reservation before new tickets are sold

Hong Kong system you have to reserve and have a confirmation for the day/Park you are attending.....looks like the same may be the case here.

Ralf

The interesting thing is that we have about 1/3 of our GF reservation paid for, but it was my wife who received the email. We all have APs and the reservation is under my account with her linked but she has two separate dining reservations under her account for just her and my daughter. She is the one who received the email, while I, the person with the hotel reservation and majority of Fps have not. Weird.
wow...it must be a madhouse at the moment ... so we'll just have to wait and see I guess... fingers crossed

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ummmm....Dah hee HEE to your first two comments. Point was people crowded the beaches and the expectation the World will be crowded too.

Wonder how the suspension of ticket sales will work, or how soon it will reopen. Cut and paste below:

Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make a theme park reservation before new tickets are sold

Hong Kong system you have to reserve and have a confirmation for the day/Park you are attending.....looks like the same may be the case here.
What I’m saying is that wdw isn’t a local market...that fits universal far better.

Two weeks ago I thought it would be bugnuts and people would rush down there...but I’m not sure at all now.

mickeymiss

That is weird. It's awkward being kind of in between. We didn't pay in full for obvious reasons. We didn't want 5k on our credit card if they weren't going to open and our final payment wasn't due until July anyway. I'm trying to relax but I just want to know if we are even being considered with the people who have valid reservations. We booked and paid the $200 deposit in April but took the option to pay the rest later. I asssumed most people do that. We paid the balance a few hours after the open date was announced to cover our bases. Best of luck to us all lol.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That is weird. It's awkward being kind of in between. We didn't pay in full for obvious reasons. We didn't want 5k on our credit card if they weren't going to open and our final payment wasn't due until July anyway. I'm trying to relax but I just want to know if we are even being considered with the people who have valid reservations. We booked and paid the $200 deposit in April but took the option to pay the rest later. I asssumed most people do that. We paid the balance a few hours after the open date was announced to cover our bases. Best of luck to us all lol.
Never pay until you have to if there’s no interest.

Why loan your money to other people to use?

Dad 2 M & M

What I’m saying is that wdw isn’t a local market...that fits universal far better.

Two weeks ago I thought it would be bugnuts and people would rush down there...but I’m not sure at all now.
Got it....the local market take....do want to point out the SC beaches I'm referring as the "lesser" beaches, not Hilton Head and Myrtle

Anyhoo.......I can't imagine what it is going to be like to go back. We've been extremely busy during these times of shut down(s), and its getting time for a quick breather. It might be extremely traumatic as Disney was an "escape" pre-covid. Now it will be a reminder of how things have/will change

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Got it....the local market take....do want to point out the SC beaches I'm referring as the "lesser" beaches, not Hilton Head and Myrtle

Anyhoo.......I can't imagine what it is going to be like to go back. We've been extremely busy during these times of shut down(s), and its getting time for a quick breather. It might be extremely traumatic as Disney was an "escape" pre-covid. Now it will be a reminder of how things have/will change
I assumed you were talking the regular beaches - more local - than HHI or Myrtle.

I think the problem with Orlando is the economy is going to be tanked for a while and people won’t be nearly as eager to blow the wad Disney requires these days.

I figured in March recession was guaranteed...but 41,000,000 new UE claims in 2 months? Companies headed for the exits as they always do. Just on steroids.

Yesterday’s number was down to 33% of the peak...but that’s still 1,000% what it was in mid March.

Those numbers are catastrophic. Disney doesn’t need the stock market to do well to fill its parks...its needs the people to do well.

MrHappy

Any word yet on extending park tickets held during the closure through 2021 like Disneyland?
I’d imagine they’d get around to it at WDW.

jinx8402

Any word yet on extending park tickets held during the closure through 2021 like Disneyland?
I’d imagine they’d get around to it at WDW.

Standalone tickets are being extended through 9/26/2021. My brothers dated ticket, which he bought from undercovertourist now has 9/26/21 as the expiration date.

eliza61nyc

I’m shocked...to be honest...didn’t catch that.

So they’re “plan” is to have far limited dining capacity through the 3 holiday gauntlet? Good luck with that.

Can I be an optimist and hope this means priority seating is returning?

#firstworldproblems

...ummmm

Yeah...I thought about answering for you...but it was too obvious and you nipped it in the bud.

Gee...wonder why?

To quote dan Akroyd in ghostbusters: “everything was fine until ****less here turned off the power grid”
lol, hey you get no argument from me. I've been on furlough since 4/15. go back to work 6/1. I've been at it since 1985 and watch the company close plant after plant to move to China. that particular dog has come back to bite us in the you know what.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"According to a Facebook post by one of the Walt Disney World transportation unions, Disney will be offering all full-time Cast Members the option to voluntarily transfer to a temporary role to get back to work quicker."

"The voluntary transfer would be a one-call that goes out to all full-time Cast Members who then must request a transfer. Cast Members will not be automatically transferred, and this doesn’t apply to any other status besides full-time. Disney will attempt to fill positions with Cast Members who previously worked them first, and backfill with Cast Members who have volunteered for this temporary transfer.

Cast Members will be paid according to the rate set forth for their new, temporary location, and they will be transferred back to their old location once it reopens, in seniority order."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom