News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Giss Neric

Disappointed on the dining reservation being cancelled (I finally got a Cinderella's Royal Table res! - or at least, had) but I suppose it was inevitable.

But I'm going to need a few good resort dining reservations or otherwise I might downgrade my Deluxe resort reservation - there's no point staying at the Poly if I can't get an Ohana dinner. Might as well stay at Art of Animation and eat at Landscape of Flavors (not tossing any shade at AoA, loved it when I did a split stay a few years ago).
Cinderella's Royal Table being cancelled is a blessing in disguise. Unless you have kids who really really really want to meet princesses, then fine, but other than that that place is mediocre and overrated. Same with Be Our Guest. There are tons of wonderful places to eat at the resorts and Disney Springs. Splurge on that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Those with tickets and reservations are supposed to get first crack are rescheduling. WDW doesn't know if in October their restaurants will still be at 50% capacity. They have too many rezzies now and it's likely a lot of people who had rezzies will have decided not to go. Better to start with a clean slate with those who are still willing or able to go.

DreamalittleDisney

Those with tickets and reservations are supposed to get first crack are rescheduling. WDW doesn't know if in October their restaurants will still be at 50% capacity. They have too many rezzies now and it's likely a lot of people who had rezzies will have decided not to go. Better to start with a clean slate with those who are still willing or able to go.
Yeah makes sense we are dining plan fans .. just like that package feel but will just have to wait and see

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
We'll decide if we want to reschedule when more details come out. We were wondering about how the dining experience was going to be like anyway.

TrojanUSC

This is going to affect the uk bookings massively and I wonder if that is deliberate. We get the free dining plan almost year round with packages and therefore everyone’s free dining plan is cancelled now which makes the holiday at least £1000 more expensive / ice also noticed that the 35% off a future reservation is not on the blog anymore? Sorry if I’m being blind. So basically my son who has a reservation in October with free dining at akl now has lost all his reservations, has 14 day ultimate tickets which include park hopper and water parks which aren’t happening and less opening times - I can’t seem many uk people coming over even when they can under those circumstances as it’s basically making a holiday a lot more expensive that they’ve already paid for with less experiences - and again perhaps that’s what they want, no internationals

They will likely offer some kind of discounted rate. The UK is a big market for them. It's just they can't offer the plan as there won't be enough space for everyone to use all their entitlements given the social distancing rules and reduced park hours.

I arrive at Disneyworld on August 17, you think it is possible that some of the decisions that have been made have been relaxed. In other words, the meets and greets or parades return.

Not a chance. Unless you mean August 17 2021, then sure.

Yodascousin

Due to go to Disney in November from the uk there’s nothing on our site about the removal of the dining plan will have to seriously reconsider going if it’s removed as that was a huge incentive

Rescue Ranger

I arrive/supposed to arrive August 28th for 2 weeks. Originally was supposed to be April. Flying or possibly driving from Toronto if we do go/allowed to travel by then. As of now we're doing a split DVC rental between Polynesian & AKL.

I do expect they will have relaxed some things by then IF things go well. Such as fireworks. A lot can happen from week to week as we approach the re-opening and the days that follow.

Also, if no MNSSHP happens this year, I wonder if they will still decorate? I would assume so...?

Last edited:

Lilofan

I arrive/supposed to arrive August 28th for 2 weeks. Originally was supposed to be April. Flying or possibly driving from Toronto if we do go/allowed to travel by then.

I do expect they'll will have relaxed some things by then IF things go well. Such as fireworks. A lot can happen from week to week as we approach the re-opening and the days that follow.
Don't forget to check the weather! Late Aug/Early Sept is peak of hurricane season.

lentesta

Premium Member
Not gonna lie, the person I'm a little concerned for now is @lentesta . I can't imagine how hard it must be to try to figure out what to put in the 2021 Guide or on touringplans.com. That's gotta be tough.

Thanks! We're putting off the next edition of the big book, in favor of a smaller book we can update quickly as procedures change.

TP will be fine. The stats team started preparing for something like this as soon as the parks were shut. So that was time well spent.

Seanual757

I arrive at Disneyworld on August 17, you think it is possible that some of the decisions that have been made have been relaxed. In other words, the meets and greets or parades return.

Anything is possible and things can change day to day too many unknowns. July will be a good test to see who things are going they will have 2 solid weeks to work out the kinks and adjust how they see fit. They may find that they can add more people to the reservation system, add more tables, ect... They could find out that the number of guests did not meet their expectations and the crowds are less so they open up to same day guests we just do not know and they will not know until they open up the reservation systems.

What we do know is guests staying on property, APH, and DVC members will be given priority over people who are buying tickets at this time.

Anything is possible and things can change day to day too many unknowns. July will be a good test to see who things are going they will have 2 solid weeks to work out the kinks and adjust how they see fit. They may find that they can add more people to the reservation system, add more tables, ect... They could find out that the number of guests did not meet their expectations and the crowds are less so they open up to same day guests we just do not know and they will not know until they open up the reservation systems.

What we do know is guests staying on property, APH, and DVC members will be given priority over people who are buying tickets at this time.
Thank you very much, we reserved in August of last year everything, tickets, dinning plan and everything that Disney can sell, we buy as every year ;).

I think if Disney implemented a machine learning system with a crowd study algorithm, there exists. Everything would be much easier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom