News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

CaptainAmerica

I’ve heard a “they can’t” comments on contract modifications going back 20 years...
...they all have been wrong.

As far as “attractive” goes...why do they care at this point? They have charged a fortune and don’t frankly care what happens to it if people keep rolling into Saratoga and buying more. Which they do.
What I can't figure out is how resale has remained so stable through this. I would have expected the over-extended financers to have listed en masse and crashed the price. I'm regretting not buying AKV when they were $80 a point a few years ago.

Seanual757

Again, as the governor makes these decisions on a regular or irregular basis, will guests in these now-designated hot spots or re-designated hotspots be expected to cancel airline reservations and other travel plans?

I would hope not the direction he is leaning is the state will be fully open by mid to late August so at the point it wont matter. This was my frustration with Disney give a date and stop allowing guests to book June trips if you never planned to open in June. Why get folks hopes up and they book tickets to come.

Just set a day hay August 1 FL is open for all.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What I can't figure out is how resale has remained so stable through this. I would have expected the over-extended financers to have listed en masse and crashed the price. I'm regretting not buying AKV when they were $80 a point a few years ago.
They’ve crept down about 20%...i always watch.

I think the bottoms falls out when the economic numbers really start to take hold and massive job loss is here to stay. We’re not there yet.

But also remember that those are “asking” prices and people tend to try to “cash out” when they think they’re still on the top of the wave.

And as far as DAKL at $80...That’s exactly what I’m thinking of doing...it’s $100-110 now...won’t be long.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
A number of resorts (BCV, BWV, VGF, Poly, SSR) have seen substantial price declines in the order of 15%-20% from their highs. Someone posted an SSR contract on the Disboards ROFR thread for $81.25/pt this week.

But the remaining resorts have held up really, really well.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
They’ve crept down about 20%...i always watch.

I think the bottoms falls out when the economic numbers really start to take hold and massive job loss is here to stay. We’re not there yet.

But also remember that those are “asking” prices and people tend to try to “cash out” when they think they’re still on the top of the wave.
This. And for most people, they don't have to pay a dime again for 6-8 months.

Gravydeen

Those that are still planning on going in July....
How do you justify paying thousands of dollars for roughly 60% of the “normal” Disney experience? I’m genuinely curious to see some replies.
So how do you get to 60%? No parades, fireworks or meet and greet. Am I missing something? Our kids are older and don’t do meet and greet and really take advantage of shorter lines during parades. We will miss the fireworks for sure.

Mainahman

Those that are still planning on going in July....
How do you justify paying thousands of dollars for roughly 60% of the “normal” Disney experience? I’m genuinely curious to see some replies.
Were in the first week or so in august, so it might be different, but We dont do character meet and greets, we dont go to parades unless its a special event night, we use that time to hit lower wait times, and we only usually do 1 or 2 nighttime spectaculars. so for us, as long as theres a chance of fireworks by august, or at least on select nights, were getting on the road and driving.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A number of resorts (BCV, BWV, VGF, Poly, SSR) have seen substantial price declines in the order of 15%-20% from their highs. Someone posted an SSR contract on the Disboards ROFR thread for $81.25/pt this week.

But the remaining resorts have held up really, really well.
I’ve seen some boardwalk contracts listed for around $120...that’s down a solid 20% from a year of two ago...

Still nuts for 22 years of something that was originally $50 though...however.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So how do you get to 60%? No parades, fireworks or meet and greet. Am I missing something? Our kids are older and don’t do meet and greet and really take advantage of shorter lines during parades. We will miss the fireworks for sure.
There will be reduced capacity on rides and restaurants too if they have any intention of doing what they’re saying.

It’s an easy 40% reduction if there are no hotel reductions...more if there are.

ImperfectPixie

Where is my assumption daring? It’s still May. Little by little NY is going to start to open back up. So by September???... yes the tri state area will be lifted by then. That’s another 3 months. So yeah.... I’ll be there in September. I’ll post pix for ya 😘
You're assumption is daring because it assumes that there is no second wave or resurgence in infections. New York could come out of being a hot-spot now, only to become one again later.

Good for you. Hope you’re not planning on going to the parks or any other public spaces in the near future.

Haven't found any public spaces in Georgia or Tennessee that require them for anyone except employees- except for doctor's offices. And we have been a lot of places: restaurants, parks, retail, gyms . . . Many places in Florida don't require them, either, according to a friend who lives at the beach in North Florida.

We've been very fortunate here. So far, choice has been respected.

I am okay with places like Disney requiring masks because, even though I think it is a silly decision that excludes a lot of people, they are a private place and can choose to require what they require. I am just glad that I have many places to choose from to visit that don't require them. Choice really is vital.

Prince Thomas

You're assumption is daring because it assumes that there is no second wave or resurgence in infections. New York could come out of being a hot-spot now, only to become one again later.
My assumption is just going by logic. Disney could be closed again in September too. So who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’ll be in Disney, in September. I’m a positive smart thinking person... I’ll be fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom