Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperfectPixie

Anyone else think this is all too soon yet? Of course people need to get back to work but sheesh at what cost? Things are opening too quickly. I thought each phase was supposed to be gradual? We skipped to the end.
I don't necessarily think the openings themselves are too fast...what I think is being done wrong is that there is zero consistency among the states. Governors should have all mandated masks so as to give businesses the backup they need to ensure that their employees are able to stay safe. The variances in rules from state-to-state are problematic as well. I also feel that governors are caving to public pressure, rather than data and science in their decision- and policy-making.

Jwink

I don't necessarily think the openings themselves are too fast...what I think is being done wrong is that there is zero consistency among the states. Governors should have all mandated masks so as to give businesses the backup they need to ensure that their employees are able to stay safe. The variances in rules from state-to-state are problematic as well. I also feel that governors are caving to public pressure, rather than data and science in their decision- and policy-making.
Yeah they’re listening to moguls and tycoons instead of doctors and scientists

Jrb1979

Yeah they’re listening to moguls and tycoons instead of doctors and scientists
Completely opposite of what is happening in Canada. They have been following what the doctors and scientists have said since day 1. We are opening things here but very slowly. In Ontario we have just opened private campgrounds, all retail and construction. All large gatherings have been cancelled this year and theme parks haven't even begun to talk about opening.

CaptainAmerica

This is completely backwards. If anything, there should be LESS consistency. New York City looks nothing like Buffalo, and neither of them look anything like Santa Clara. You can't "one size fits all" a problem like this in a country of 350 million people with diverse climates, economies, infrastructures, and personal habits.

ImperfectPixie

This is completely backwards. If anything, there should be LESS consistency. New York City looks nothing like Buffalo, and neither of them look anything like Santa Clara. You can't "one size fits all" a problem like this in a country of 350 million people with diverse climates, economies, infrastructures, and personal habits.
The timing of each phase can be varied from state-to-state to reflect where they are number-wise. The actual rules about masks, 6' distance, maximum of people in groups, etc. etc. should be the same across the board for each phase.

CaptainAmerica

The timing of each phase can be varied from state-to-state to reflect where they are number-wise. The actual rules about masks, 6' distance, maximum of people in groups, etc. etc. should be the same across the board for each phase.
That assumes there's a "right answer." When you initially try it 50 different ways, you're able to trial and error a bit to see what's working and what isn't.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Because it's all a placebo and it's all out of an abundance of caution, and none of it will ultimately matter. A makeshift mask does nothing except cause breathing difficulties. Three weeks ago the CDC and Fauci said masks were unnecessary. Now you're burned at the stake if you dare to say you don't like/want to wear one.
Spreading b#ll#cks again, Wiretapped?

Jwink

Then don't go.

No, I don't think this is too soon. I think we never should have shut down in the first place.
Thanks for your kindness and understanding but we have no choice other than to go because my husband works there. So whether he feels safe or not (he doesn’t and this virus is killing 25-50 year olds and children) he has to go or lose his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom