WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pdude81

Yep. Had a doctor tell me that they expect to miss 80,000 cancer diagnoses from this and that with children having vaccines delayed we are flirting with an outbreak of a preventable disease.

People really can’t get past what the news is saying about this virus. There are so many other unrealized consequences to this shut down/lockdown/quarantine than people realize and the news is covering.

COVID-19 is going to quickly turn into a symptom of a much greater issue if we don’t learn how to control it and open in a safe manner.
Children can't catch viruses without exposure. That's the entire point of social distancing and limited movement. So if they stay home, no measles

jpeden

In the Parks
No
If it's being used for essential items. But I will gladly call people out for using my tax dollars on non essential items. I actually just did it in Walmart

You really confronted someone in a public place over their purchases? How do you know they were on unemployment? I don’t know you but you’re asking for trouble if you’re going to confront people in public about their personal financial decisions.

Miss Bella

You really confronted someone in a public place over their purchases? How do you know they were on unemployment? I don’t know you but you’re asking for trouble if you’re going to confront people in public about their personal financial decisions.
I was thinking that has the makings of a viral you tube video.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Children can't catch viruses without exposure. That's the entire point of social distancing and limited movement. So if they stay home, no measles

That isn’t an excuse for delayed vaccinations. And it’s a lot more than measles. It’s also not about the right now - it’s about when kids become mobile again and they’re 3 months off their vaccine schedule. There can and could be outbreaks - especially with people not wanting to vaccinate their kids in today’s society.

I live in a community with a large group of anti-vaxxers. As a soon to be new parent their ignorance and willingness to expose their children to preventable communicable diseases scares me a hell of a lot more than COVID-19.

pdude81

I said this a while back and I’m sticking to it. WDW won’t be fully open while those orders stand. That being said if Disney said today we would be willing to open in June but we won’t because of those orders the orders would be lifted tomorrow.
They shouldn't be partially open while there are travel restrictions inside the country. Not worth the headache

pdude81

That isn’t an excuse for delayed vaccinations. And it’s a lot more than measles. It’s also not about the right now - it’s about when kids become mobile again and they’re 3 months off their vaccine schedule. There can and could be outbreaks - especially with people not wanting to vaccinate their kids in today’s society.

I live in a community with a large group of anti-vaxxers. As a soon to be new parent their ignorance and willingness to expose their children to preventable communicable diseases scares me a hell of a lot more than COVID-19.
Dude you can't have it both ways. Either we should be careful not to get exposed to really viruses or not.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Yes and no one is going to cross me. Trust me on that. When I see someone whip out a link card it's a wrap.

If I were a store manager I would bar you from the premises for harassing customers. You’re nothing more than a bully with that attitude of “no one will cross me.”

You have no idea what has caused a person to need assistance in their current circumstances in life. Judging them just makes it worse.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Dude you can't have it both ways. Either we should be careful not to get exposed to really viruses or not.

There’s a difference between shutting down society and people refusing to see the economic damage and not getting your kids vaccinated. If you can’t see that I’m sorry.

Also, there is no vaccine for COVID so your point is invalid.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Im trying to follow to follow your logic. You want businesses to remain shut down, but you don’t want people to receive food stamps or unemployment. How do you expect them to survive.

Just stop trying. This poster is clearly just wanting to be argumentative. They literally just admitted to confronting people in a store over their purchases and said that no one would dare cross them for their bullying.

Miss Bella

Just stop trying. This poster is clearly just wanting to be argumentative. They literally just admitted to confronting people in a store over their purchases and said that no one would dare cross them for their bullying.
Some day they are going to confront the wrong person.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Ok why won’t they?
Disney World is more of a national product (85% of guests come from outside FL) and with the Disney name attached to it it’s a big risk to the reputation of TWDC being family friendly and more importantly safe. I don’t see them wanting any parts of opening WDW while multiple states are so bad off there are still travel restrictions. There’s way too many ways for people who are either from those areas or passed through those areas to get to WDW. They want no parts of policing that themselves either.

Universal is another story. Universal parks are around 5% of Comcast’s total earnings. Issues at a Universal park don’t impact the Comcast name or reputation like WDW would for Disney. Being a smaller part of the whole at Comcast they are also likely more on their own when making decisions. WDW decisions on this are being called from the top. Universal also draws a lot more locals. They don’t have the resorts and timeshares pulling in people for longer stays and are probably assuming the more local crowds will not have as many people coming from the banned states.

Miss Bella

Disney World is more of a national product (85% of guests come from outside FL) and with the Disney name attached to it it’s a big risk to the reputation of TWDC being family friendly and more importantly safe. I don’t see them wanting any parts of opening WDW while multiple states are so bad off there are still travel restrictions. There’s way too many ways for people who are either from those areas or passed through those areas to get to WDW. They want no parts of policing that themselves either.

Universal is another story. Universal parks are around 5% of Comcast’s total earnings. Issues at a Universal park don’t impact the Comcast name or reputation like WDW would for Disney. Being a smaller part of the whole at Comcast they are also likely more on their own when making decisions. WDW decisions on this are being called from the top. Universal also draws a lot more locals. They don’t have the resorts and timeshares pulling in people for longer stays and are probably assuming the more local crowds will not have as many people coming from the banned states.
I heard De santos say on Fox news the travel bans would be lifted soon. I would expect once everything opens up. He will lift them. Isn’t the travel ban just three states anyway.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The country doesn’t revolve around NY.
It has nothing to do with that. If NY/NJ/CT are so bad still that they need roadblocks and airport checkpoints then its too soon to open a national draw like WDW. What’s to stop someone from PA who Just spent the weekend in NYC from hopping a plane in Philly and heading to WDW. Most of the people I knew from college who lived in Manhattan right after school kept their home state drivers license because they didn’t have a car in NY anyway. What’s to stop them from coming in? There’s way too many ways people from the quarantine zone or who visited the quarantine zone could get to WDW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom