Universal Puts Disney's Reopening on Defensive

ImperfectPixie

kpilcher

Maybe in western countries we'd rather have starvation than stinky butts? I dunno, the only thing I could figure is people didn't know how to respond to a pandemic so they defaulted to how they respond to hurricanes, blizzards, e.t.c. Milk, eggs, toilet paper. That's my best guess.
I read a fascinating industry article about the TP Shortage. Sure there were some runs on supplies, but the bigger problem is most of manufacturing and retail now does "just in time" supply chains. Suddenly a vastly larger number of people were staying home -- vastly increasing demand for home TP. Home TP and Office TP are different companies. I'm over-simplifying -- but that's the gist.

zengoth

If it’s not feasible to wear masks outdoors in the summer heat then maybe the parks shouldn’t reopen until Fall.

Personally I think Disney is 100% in the right to be cautious and open later than everyone else. If they can take the $$$ loss there’s no reason to rush it (not that losing money is a reason TO rush it).
However, Fall in FL doesn’t begin til November, temp and humidity -wise.

WDW Pro

Original Poster

I can't imagine they'd wait six months after hitting phase 2 to open disneyland?

It all comes down to California and their executive orders. It seems like the California government is shifting gears now that other states are successfully open. Previously they had been saying things would remain shut down for months longer.

VaderTron

As someone who has lived in central Florida off and on for 30 years I can say that is the exact opposite of how every local I know feels.
As a local who lived in Orlando for over 150 years, I must say that the Jernigan Post Office still can't be topped. Back in the day it was THE place to be. That's where we boys would wait around to see Miss Overstreet's ankle when she hitched up her dress to step inside. The boys all over town would gather 'round sippin' a sarsaparilla and waiting for her to post her letters.

TrainsOfDisney

True but they don’t work for The Walt Disney World Company. No one has the class of Johnny Carson.

True. He was the original! Making Trump jokes already in the 90’s!

@Herdman - I mean I enjoy Colbert and Meyers personally. Pretty sure if they were actually unwatchable they wouldn’t have jobs. Don’t forget, the network is paying the writers to write those monologues. That’s what the networks want for better or worse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom