Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patcheslee

Legoland has been give permission by the city to open June 1st, but they still need state approval -

"While an official announcement has not yet been made, the Winter Haven City Commission gave Legoland Florida the O.K. to reopen after Rex Jackson, general manager, detailed the theme park’s sanitation, social distancing, and other restrictions it would operate until during the COVID-19 crisis. The park will still need state approval in order to reopen, however.

Once fully approved, the park will reopen with a maximum 50-percent capacity, which is about 6,000 people. Legoland will also recommend, though not require, that all guests wear a face mask; complimentary face masks will be provided for those who don’t bring one.

Legoland will also enforce the 50-percent capacity limitation at other facilities inside the park, including restaurants, live entertainment venues, the new Pirate Island Hotel and the original Legoland Hotel. Some attractions will not reopen in June, due to social distancing requirements. These include some games, interactive play areas, and meet and greets with characters."

Read they are doing temp checks and will use a different thermometer if 100.4 or above, wonder if they plan a waiting period in between or not. It made a difference for me the other day.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here are the details that Island H20 submitted for their reopening plan, which have been endorsed by the Osceola County Administrator -

"Island H2O Live! Water Park has announced that it will reopen for operation on select days beginning May 23, 2020 with new safety guidelines in place."

"The water park will implement new “Safe-Splash Guidelines,” which include:

• Manage Park Capacity – The number of guests admitted each day will be limited. Guests who arrive after park capacity is reached are not guaranteed admittance to the park and may be asked to wait or come back to visit on a different day.
  • Implement Daily Wellness Checks – Team members and guests will undergo a verbal screening upon arrival each day. Team members will also receive a temperature check and will be sent home if their temperature exceeds 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit.
  • Require Face Masks – Team members will be required to wear a face covering in virtually every area of the park. Between rides and attractions, guests are recommended to wear face coverings as well. Due to safety constraints, face coverings are not allowed while in the water or on slides.
  • Practice Social Distancing – Signs and ground markers will be provided to assist guests with social distancing practices while in line at the park entrance, attractions, restrooms, food service locations, and more. Deck layouts will be modified to ensure distancing in all lounging and dining areas.
  • Promote Hand Hygiene & Respiratory Etiquette – Additional hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the water park, and signs will be on display that encourage all employees and guests to wash their hands often and cover their coughs and sneezes.
  • Clean, Disinfect and Sanitize on a Continuous Basis – The water in all attractions at Island H2O Live! is double treated with chlorination and ultraviolet light to maintain the healthiest water conditions. All water that circulates through the park is exposed to UV light in the filtration process, which disrupts the DNA or RNA of specific organisms, like viruses, which kills or inactivates the virus completely. Team members will also be assigned additional duties to support cleanliness throughout the park, including the disinfection of handrails, loungers, tabletops, tubes, mats, door handles, and other surfaces.
  • Encourage Electronic Payments – Guests will be encouraged to purchase admission online prior to their arrival, as well as use cashless payment methods while visiting.
  • Manage Use of Indoor Areas & Communal Spaces – Homeland Security’s biodefense research laboratory states that “sunlight seems to be very detrimental to the virus,” and “within minutes, the majority of the virus is inactivated on surfaces and in the air in direct sunlight.” Guests at Island H2O Live! spend their entire day outdoors in the sun or in shaded areas, except for restroom buildings and other minor service areas, which will be disinfected regularly.
  • Provide a COVID-19 Response Team – A team of supervisors and managers will be available to respond to concerns from guests or employees. The team will train staff on all safety protocols and ensure that they are socially distanced during meetings and training."

celluloid

I love how so many parks ares are also saying they do have some avalible complimentary.
That is continued guest service even in rough climates. To me that always speaks volumes. Of course they want their money, but can still treat the customer/guest as well as before.

Kevin_W

On the topic of vaccines in general, there’s no point trying to change anyone’s mind. Nobody is going to read a comment on a Disney fan board and decide that vaccines are suddenly good. IMHO it’s a waste of time to even try. Just accept that some people have different opinions and move on. Just my 2 cents :)

My last comment on the matter. You are probably right that a comment on a Disney fan board wont' change someone's mind, but just possibly it will cause some introspection or maybe even desire to do some research into the issue/

It might be a waste of time to try to change someones opinion as to whether Tower of Terror is a superior attraction to Haunted Mansion or vice versa, but when it comes to public health I think it behooves us to try. Liking sausage pizza more than pepperoni is an opinion; choosing to ignore the science on vaccinations isn't an opinion, it's a detrimental choice to society that we should try to educate and correct.

Heppenheimer

My last comment on the matter. You are probably right that a comment on a Disney fan board wont' change someone's mind, but just possibly it will cause some introspection or maybe even desire to do some research into the issue/

It might be a waste of time to try to change someones opinion as to whether Tower of Terror is a superior attraction to Haunted Mansion or vice versa, but when it comes to public health I think it behooves us to try. Liking sausage pizza more than pepperoni is an opinion; choosing to ignore the science on vaccinations isn't an opinion, it's a detrimental choice to society that we should try to educate and correct.
In a perfect world, that would be great. But unfortunately in this world (and the algorithms internet companies use when we try to search for information), they are more likely to find some hoke-um that confirms their bias rather than changes their mind.

Miss Bella

People have the right not to get a flu vaccine. They don’t need a reason.They don’t need strangers to educate them on a Disney forum. I think you should just leave it alone or start a vaccine debate thread in the social forum.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Wouldn’t they have to? If capacity is deemed safe at, say, 5,000, and they reach it at noon, they’re can’t let 1,000 more on site guests in. They already deemed that number unsafe.

The alternative is they only sell x amount of tickets per day to people not on site so it’s never an issue. I’d say they could also ONLY allow on sight guests but I’m sure they’re hoping for locals so that wouldn’t work.
Capacity isn't going to be 5,000.

COVID aside, people vastly overestimate the percentage of guests who stay on property. Park capacity should be plenty to handle 100% of on-site guests unless they all decided to go to one park on the same day for some reason.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Capacity isn't going to be 5,000.

COVID aside, people vastly overestimate the percentage of guests who stay on property. Park capacity should be plenty to handle 100% of on-site guests unless they all decided to go to one park on the same day for some reason.
5,000 😂

That’s insane...if this episode has taught me one thing: it’s that a lot of Disney hardcore fans have 0 idea of the money dynamics of the place.

lilypgirl

People have the right not to get a flu vaccine. They don’t need a reason.They don’t need strangers to educate them on a Disney forum. I think you should just leave it alone or start a vaccine debate thread in the social forum.
Yeah I guess my body my choice only holds weight in certain arguments.

I get all the necessary vaccines that are required but I will not get a flu shot / vaccine whatever the heck they call it this season until it is mandatory. Funny story I was chatting with a surgeon today about a possible covid 19 vaccine and he said he won’t be getting it nor will his children until it’s been out for a few years! 😉 I should have directed him here because obviously he needs to be educated on modern medicine!

wannabeBelle

Did you all ignore my post yesterday about the family cooking hotdogs on a grill without masks at Disney springs? Disney still let them do it. This isn’t going to go well
The picture I saw showed a manager with a Security guard speaking with the family, I presumed that they were being told they could not do that. Anyone know for sure? Marie

rk03221

The picture I saw showed a manager with a Security guard speaking with the family, I presumed that they were being told they could not do that. Anyone know for sure? Marie

There were a few cms on Reddit saying that disney let them stay and continue to not wear masks. Here’s another thread:

My point being is this isn’t going to last long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom