Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Bella

I was just there in November after not being for 20 years and I loved it. Especially the Shuttle Center...but I found the whole place refreshed and engaging.
I've got 2 weeks in August to kill. I was supposed to be on a European cruise. If WDW is open we'll spend six days there and then I'll try to see some other parts of Florida. I've never been to Tampa either.

TrojanUSC

Karen just means she's an entitled typically upper-middle-class lady who is upset at a situation she has no right to be upset too. The typical "let me speak to a manager", "I'm cancelling my red card", "You don't know who I am", "You don't have the right to be here". Typically they can be on either side of the mask argument, but it makes more sense to call this looney lady in the video a Karen.

Karen is def anti-mask. She has no interest in following someone else's rules or keeping other citizens safe in exchange for her own comfort.

So good news! Several smaller parks in the Orlando area have been approved to reopen! And according to their websites, neither is requiring masks (FunSpot America and Gatorland). I just visited their websites and read their safety precautions. Neither is requiring masks.
So that bodes well for the larger parks to get their plans approved without required masks. Of course, we have no idea yet what their proposed plans will say, but we do know that park safety precautions can be approved without that requirement. That’s good news for those of us who can’t wear masks.
And if the larger parks choose to put required masks into their plans, we still have choices for entertainment in Orlando.
Does anyone know the other parks that were approved to open? There are supposed to be nine of them.

Edit: Icon Park is also open and recommending but not requiring masks. The Wheel is not yet open, but several restaurants are.

Last edited:

techgeek

So good news! Several smaller parks in the Orlando area have been approved to reopen! And according to their websites, neither is requiring masks (FunSpot America and Gatorland). I just visited their websites and read their safety precautions. Neither is requiring masks.
So that bodes well for the larger parks to get their plans approved without required masks. Of course, we have no idea yet what their proposed plans will say, but we do know that park safety precautions can be approved without that requirement. That’s good news for those of us who can’t wear masks.
And if the larger parks choose to put required masks into their plans, we still have choices for entertainment in Orlando.
Does anyone know the other parks that were approved to open? There are supposed to be nine of them.

This Orlando Sentinel article seems to say this is not approved yet, Fun Spot is seeking permission to open Friday, but Orange County was waiting on Universal’s presentation on Thursday before making any decisions.

Also, the information currently on the Fun Spot website has not changed since they closed. The specific Covid19 info listed was the steps they were taking back in March, it has not been updated to reflect reopening procedures yet... so I would not base a ‘no mask required’ assumption on that quite yet.

The Gatorland website does not have a date listed yet but does have specific reopening procedures listed, among them “Guest are also encouraged to wear face masks.”

This Orlando Sentinel article seems to say this is not approved yet, Fun Spot is seeking permission to open Friday, but Orange County was waiting on Universal’s presentation on Thursday before making any decisions.

Also, the information currently on the Fun Spot website has not changed since they closed. The specific Covid19 info listed was the steps they were taking back in March, it has not been updated to reflect reopening procedures yet... so I would not base a ‘no mask required’ assumption on that quite yet.

The Gatorland website does not have a date listed yet but does have specific reopening procedures listed, among them “Guest are also encouraged to wear face masks.”
Thank you! I am trying to find as much info as I can, and it is so hard. I read a news article that said the Orlando Business Journal reported they had already been approved.
Maybe it’s a two step approval process? I think maybe the Orange County Task Force approves, then the mayor and DeSantis sign off. The OBJ reportedly said that nine smaller parks “had been given the green light” and hope to open this weekend. Probably given the green light by the OCTF but not signed off on yet. The article you linked to seems to say that the only delay could be the parks actually getting all the things in their plan done in two days- it doesn’t say the plans aren’t sufficient. At least, that’s how I read it.

Icon Park’s website says it is open now- looks to be a place like CityWalk or Disney Springs? I’ve never been. Also masks recommended and not required. The Wheel is still closed.

HongKongFooy

what generation are you from that you would know both of these music genres well enough to use them in a discussion about the corona... Props to you, my fellow WDWMAGIC message board reader! Way to be so musically diverse!

I went to high school, briefly, with Tupoc.......that gives you some timeline.

Grew up in area with local bands and artists or those who moved in to get their music careers going:

Sly and Family Stone
Huey Lewis
Steve Miller
Boz Skaggs
MC Hammer
Green Day
Credence Clearwater Revival
Jefferson Airplane/Starship
Pablo Cruise
Digital Underground
Journey
Too Short
Santana
Eddie Money
Buckethead
Primus
Cake and Tommy Tutone(a little further out)
Night Ranger
Y & T
Faith No More
Doobie Brothers
Pointer Sisters
Beau Brommels
Sammy Hagar
Third Eye Blind
Greatful Dead
4 non Blondes

I'm sure I missed many but you get the idea.

Last edited:

Patcheslee

There is nothing fascinating about my days anymore...not for over 2 months now anyway :(
Closest to theme park entertainment is coming from watching live webcams from ride constructions, maintenance operations, ect. Went from "construction has been stopped" to "THERE’S WORKERS BACK ON SITE!!!!"

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Really because lots of people call the flu shot a vaccine and it technically is not. So if a shot is all the can come up with that may or may not prevent me from catching this virus like I said before I will pass.

I'm sorry, but you are incorrect on your assumption that a flu shot is not a vaccine. If you need a basic primer on what one is, here's a link to a CDC explanation : https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/vpd-vac-basics.html

What you've failed to comprehend is what "Flu" really is, its not caused by a single species of virus, but a family of related viruses. The vaccines that are available each year as the "flu shot" are composed of antigens that are the best guess for what the predominant strains would be for that year. Some years the guess is better than others and provides more protection. Viruses also mutate meaning their genetic composition changes so what once worked as a vaccine may not be as effective over time.

Medicine for all of our advances in that field is still an art, not everyone reacts to every treatment the same. Most treatments are for what works for the larger numbers but not for 100% of the population.

Touchdown

Medically, the only cause of the flu is influenza. This is complicated as people believe they can have a “stomach flu” which is the incorrect term for that type of disease (gastroenteritis) and the flu mimics other Upper Respiratory Tract (URI) Infections (aka the cold) and Viral Pneumonias all of which are caused by multiple pathogens.

bcoachable

I went to high school, briefly, with Tupoc.......that gives you some timeline.

Grew up in area with local bands and artists or those who

Sly and Family Stone
Huey Lewis
Steve Miller
Boz Skaggs
MC Hammer
Green Day
Credence Clearwater Revival
Jefferson Airplane/Starship
Pablo Cruise
Digital Underground
Journey
Too Short
Santana
Eddie Money
Buckethead
Primus
Cake and Tommy Tutone(a little further out)
Night Ranger
Y & T
Faith No More
Doobie Brothers
Pointer Sisters
Beau Brommels
Sammy Hagar
Third Eye Blind
Greatful Dead
4 non Blondes

I'm sure I missed many but you get the idea.
3321B406-072F-42BC-AE23-F794AAD75737.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom