Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdude81

Another tip to everyone, don’t forget about the ignore button, if a poster has repeatedly made the same arguments over and over again it might just be time to make them, to quote the great Tiki Birds, DISAPEAR!

I use it sparingly, but this thread caused me to do another poster, bringing my total to three.

Good point.

Lilofan

I agree Disney does not have a good track record when it comes to enforcing their own rules be it dress codes in restaurants, people cutting in line etc. That CM making minimum wage is not going stick their neck out enforcing mask rules on the chance some guest is going to have a rotten response --remember the CM that go punched in the eye
During the crazy 80s and 90s of Pleasure Island which is now Disney Springs, the cast members working at the dance clubs probably needed to earn hazard pay dealing nightly with the drunken guests acting wild and lewd and doing things only drunks would do. They should share some tips on how they did their jobs night after night. It was a good thing only 21 years and up were allowed because the kids may get nightmares if allowed in. They would see
the antics of what went on sometimes.

Patcheslee

Only if they don’t have an anti-reflective coating like Crizal. Otherwise it’s fog time. :(
The soap trick didn't work for me. We were given anti-fog wipes at work if we wear prescription safety glasses. One trick is use the wipe and allow it to dry, then use a cleaning cloth to polish it until the film is clear. Takes about 10-20 minute to do and only lasts for a couple days if I'm lucky before have to do it again.
I tested on an old pair of transition glasses and think it damaged the coating.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
During the crazy 80s and 90s of Pleasure Island which is now Disney Springs, the cast members working at the dance clubs probably needed to earn hazard pay dealing nightly with the drunken guests acting wild and lewd and doing things only drunks would do. They should share some tips on how they did their jobs night after night. It was a good thing only 21 years and up were allowed because the kids may get nightmares if allowed in. They would see
the antics of what went on sometimes.
Ahhh the good old days. I don’t know about the 80s but in the 90s PI was a lot of fun. It‘s too bad kids today can’t see that place in action. They could learn it’s possible to actually socialize and meet people in the flesh without an app and all the dumb things you did were nothing more than urban legends the next day as opposed to viral videos someone posts on Facebook or Instagram. Sorry for the tangent...back to the great mask debate:)

Peter Pan's Shadow

The soap trick didn't work for me. We were given anti-fog wipes at work if we wear prescription safety glasses. One trick is use the wipe and allow it to dry, then use a cleaning cloth to polish it until the film is clear. Takes about 10-20 minute to do and only lasts for a couple days if I'm lucky before have to do it again.
I tested on an old pair of transition glasses and think it damaged the coating.
I'd like to add cutting holes in the bottom of the mask. It has to do with science and stuff and the hot air goes somewhere else other than the glasses.

SoFloMagic

Has anyone had better luck with certain kinds of masks? Specifically wondering about the more substantial ones compared to the less structured ones and which anyone thinks would be better to walk the parks in?
An apron company called Blue Cut makes one that is water-resistant and has adjustable ear loops. I got a 3 pack for 20 bucks. They're pretty comfortable and I feel like the water resistance may help keep humidity out (but haven't tested).

Minnie1976

How is Disney letting you know if your reservations are canceled, by letter, email or do they just disappear from my Disney adventure? We have reservations for the last week of June 2020.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
How is Disney letting you know if your reservations are canceled, by letter, email or do they just disappear from my Disney adventure? We have reservations for the last week of June 2020.
Some of the people through the first week of June have posted e-mails of the cancellation notice. Not sure if they also send a paper letter in the mail as well.

MadMax11

Some of the people through the first week of June have posted e-mails of the cancellation notice. Not sure if they also send a paper letter in the mail as well.

I just pulled up MyDisneyExperience and it hasn't yet shown a cancellation of my reservations for OKW from May 30 - June 6...which is weird to me, but I'm sure it will happen soon enough.

My 6 day parkhoppers still show up, obviously...I'd love to get a refund on those, but doesn't sound like that's possible. Sounds like I just get a credit for tickets in the future. If someone knows something different, please let me know.

All my dining reservations for that period of time are now not showing up, though.

Peter Pan's Shadow

I just pulled up MyDisneyExperience and it hasn't yet shown a cancellation of my reservations for OKW from May 30 - June 6...which is weird to me, but I'm sure it will happen soon enough.

My 6 day parkhoppers still show up, obviously...I'd love to get a refund on those, but doesn't sound like that's possible. Sounds like I just get a credit for tickets in the future. If someone knows something different, please let me know.

All my dining reservations for that period of time are now not showing up, though.
They said they'd leave them up for a while so you can modify them online if you'd like.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

As far as I know the tickets are not refundable but they can be used any day the rest of the year even if date specific and if not used in 2020 you get a credit for a future ticket purchase.

Seems like DVC is waiting until a week prior to cancel reservations and return the points. Per the member site:

Until the decision is made as to when the Resorts will reopen, all reservations scheduled for arrival during the closure time will be automatically cancelled by Disney Vacation Club on a week-by-week basis. Members do not need to cancel the reservation online or contact Member Services. Vacation Points returned due to a cancellation of a Resort reservation will not be placed in a holding account and will be returned to the current Use Year. This applies to all reservations checking in within the next 30 days. When a reservation involving Borrowed Points is cancelled, the Borrowed Points will be returned to the Use Year they were borrowed from regardless of arrival date. Please allow up to 15 business days for this process to be completed. Reservation Points returned due to a cancellation of a Disney Collection or a Concierge Collection reservation will be returned as Reservation Points in the current use year.

Lilofan

Ahhh the good old days. I don’t know about the 80s but in the 90s PI was a lot of fun. It‘s too bad kids today can’t see that place in action. They could learn it’s possible to actually socialize and meet people in the flesh without an app and all the dumb things you did were nothing more than urban legends the next day as opposed to viral videos someone posts on Facebook or Instagram. Sorry for the tangent...back to the great mask debate:)
If I was wearing a mask and up to no good at Pleasure Island, it would be hard to identify me!😉

VaderTron

Just now on uk press conference if oxford vaccine is successful 30 million doses will be available by September

Too early to get hopes up. Lot's of conflicting information right now. Remember there is a monumental financial gain at stake for the first viable vaccine produced. So, take any claims that it's effective made by those developing it and their supporters with a grain of salt. View claims that it's not effective by rival developers and their supporters with an equal grain of salt.

TrainsOfDisney

Too early to get hopes up. Lot's of conflicting information right now. Remember there is a monumental financial gain at stake for the first viable vaccine produced. So, take any claims that it's effective made by those developing it and their supporters with a grain of salt. View claims that it's not effective by rival developers and their supporters with an equal grain of salt.

Yeah, it’s very concerning to me that a vaccine will be rushed. There is so much pressure (political, financial, etc.) to get it done ASAP. Is it even possible to have safely tested a vaccine by September? There’s a reason they usually take years correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom