2020-Gaming discussion

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Speaking of Nintendo, apparently they're doing one last Splatoon 2 splatfest and theres gonna be another one of those free demos next week to go along with it.

Tony Perkis

The real reason; who knows. It is probably as simple as they are in a commanding lead in the console market so they don't have or need to.

Sony's official stance back in 2018 on the matter from their chief executive Kenichiro Yoshida was that PlayStation Network is the best place to play games, that's why cross-play isn't needed.
The interesting thing is, next year, MLB 21: The Show, a longtime Sony exclusive franchise, will launch additionally on Xbox with cross-platform competition.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
The interesting thing is, next year, MLB 21: The Show, a longtime Sony exclusive franchise, will launch additionally on Xbox with cross-platform competition.

Only because MLB decided they wanted it that way

Sports games shouldnt be exclusive to one console to begin with.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I've been really enjoying Animal Crossing and Persona 5 Royal a lot. I've also bought the Trials of Mana remake which should be arriving soon.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Can anyone recommend a somewhat weekly games news show on YouTube that does not make me want to shove an ice pick into my ears?

I use to listen to The Patch which later became The Know on Rooster Teeth. That has now become Inside Gaming which induces the aforementioned ice pick ear jabbing. I just want news from somewhat normal people that like games and do not need to be the stereotypical annoying YouTube personality.

Jahona

Can anyone recommend a somewhat weekly games news show on YouTube that does not make me want to shove an ice pick into my ears?

I use to listen to The Patch which later became The Know on Rooster Teeth. That has now become Inside Gaming which induces the aforementioned ice pick ear jabbing. I just want news from somewhat normal people that like games and do not need to be the stereotypical annoying YouTube personality.

I'll be curious on what other people note. I don't really have any one channel I watch for gaming news.
LevelCapGaming does a weekly gaming news video, it's skewed closer to FPS as that's his channels main draw.

Listen to Frooglesim for Flight Sim news.

Other than that I don't really have a go to.

Underdog

Just get a wired or a pro controller. Thats what I ended up doing.
I bought a Pro Controller at launch and most of my hours are on that. I've had a bit of drift in my left launch Joy-Con but never so much I sent it in for repair. However, I upgraded to the Animal Crossing Switch hardware.

I haven't opened it yet thought, because I've been trying to get through my PS4 backlog. Fallen Jedi, Wreckfest, Anthem (lol), among others.

Underdog

All we Nintendo fans want is Jedi Fallen Order. They can stick their live services and sports games where the sun don’t shine.
Hmm... after playing it on my PS4Pro in 4K, not so sure I want it on my Switch. However, if I didn't have a PS4 Pro, I probably would want it. I'm really enjoying it more than I thought I would.

My current hot take - Currently, the only EA property I want is Madden. If it's on mobile, it can be on the Switch. Mass Effect Trilogy? Plants vs. Zombies?

Mike S

Hmm... after playing it on my PS4Pro in 4K, not so sure I want it on my Switch. However, if I didn't have a PS4 Pro, I probably would want it. I'm really enjoying it more than I thought I would.

My current hot take - Currently, the only EA property I want is Madden. If it's on mobile, it can be on the Switch. Mass Effect Trilogy? Plants vs. Zombies?
Yeah for me the dip in quality is worth having it on something I already own. Plus DOOM was still a blast even at half the frame rate and much lower resolution.
Still getting the game. Naughty Dog is batting 1.000. I don't trust overreactions based on a plot read.
My brother is still getting it too. I just don’t see how they thought some of those decisions were good. I won’t say anything here, even in a spoiler tag, since I don’t know who’s read them or not.

Mike S

1onH.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom