The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Lilofan

Sure, but everyone was just working hard on "staying alive" Oh, oh, oh oh, staying alive! How things change. I remember wearing ties with no knot so it just fell down straight like an ascot. And mens hair covering the ears. Now it's hair shooting from the ears. Times do change.

And then, of course, there was this...
View attachment 470179
When shorts were really shorts. Not the baggy ones guys wear down to their knees currently. Actually body shapes were a lot slimmer back in those days. The food was just as good, just not the 24/7 fast food options and portions were smaller.

John park hopper

Sure, but everyone was just working hard on "staying alive" Oh, oh, oh oh, staying alive! How things change. I remember wearing ties with no knot so it just fell down straight like an ascot. And mens hair covering the ears. Now it's hair shooting from the ears. Times do change.

And then, of course, there was this...
View attachment 470179
Ha Ha Ha Ha ---O so true

Rista1313

He's got autism. He's very picky about certain things, and his earbuds are one of them. I tried to let him use my wireless ones to try them out. That took all of five seconds. He was like, nope.

I let him play with my Galaxy a while back, and he said he likes my phone better, but I can't get out of him precisely what about it he likes better.

And then there's the price issue. We have to pay out of pocket for our devices because we're on prepaid. My company has a relationship with Samsung, so I get a discount on their products. I got a really good price on my phone, and then I get cases from my company cheap (the case I currently have on it is an OtterBox...I paid $5 for it). But I can't find my phone for what I paid for it at the moment, and the Galaxy series ones are more than we'd be looking to pay. Their more budget-friendly phones (along the lines of the SE) aren't water resistant, which worries me a bit with him. I'd put a good OtterBox case from work on it, but still. But then they're more within what we'd be willing to pay than the iPhone SE.

My other thought has been looking into older model unlocked iPhones. No luck there so far.

All apple products have been water resistant for quite a while now. It is water- and dust-resistant with an IP67 rating for water resistance up to 1 meter for 30 minutes. So the SE could be good for him. Too bad about him refusing wireless, but the battery life on the SE would be better than the 20 minutes he has now.

Goofyernmost

When shorts were really shorts. Not the baggy ones guys wear down to their knees currently. Actually body shapes were a lot slimmer back in those days. The food was just as good, just not the 24/7 fast food options and portions were smaller.
Body shapes weren't all that different overall. We must remember we, meaning my generation, were really young, and most young folks, even today are quite svelte. That fashion didn't last very long because there was a shortage of tissues at that time. Mostly due to women stuffing their bra's and men enhancing the outlines of those shorts. Eventually, the truth is out there!

Last edited:

Lilofan

Body shapes weren't all that different overall. We must remember we, meaning my generation, were really young, and most young folks, even today are quite svelte. That fashion didn't last very long because there was a shortage of tissues at that time. Mostly due to women stuffing their bra's and men enhancing the outlines of those shorts. Eventually, the truth is out there!
In the South, it's the opposite. There is an obesity problem with our younger generation.

John park hopper

Have covid cases dropped in your state? Here in SC our new cases seem to be on average 140 new cases per day for the past 4 weeks, Things are opening up and cases have not increased so far. Have noticed a significant number of restaurants appear to be closed for good. Went to Costco (senior hours) yesterday and they had Clorox wipes and their brand of wipes haven't seen them in a long time.

Lilofan

There are sites that sell for men " body enhancing underwear ". 😄 I know .. bad Lilo..

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Have covid cases dropped in your state? Here in SC our new cases seem to be on average 140 new cases per day for the past 4 weeks, Things are opening up and cases have not increased so far. Have noticed a significant number of restaurants appear to be closed for good. Went to Costco (senior hours) yesterday and they had Clorox wipes and their brand of wipes haven't seen them in a long time.

We're still opening up, but I did go grocery shopping yesterday and there was all kinds of toilet paper. So I guess at least we're past that hurdle.

Songbird76

We are finally under $2 in PA. We had gas points worth $2 at a quickie mart gas station in our area. Needed to fill up my Suburban. We apparently couldn't be charged nothing. We were charged $.02 a gallon so we paid $.40 to fill up my car. What a great feeling. That was the first time I filled it up in almost 2 months.
I checked when I had my driving lesson yesterday. We're at 1.42 euros per liter.

21stamps

We just got back from a run. T is showering, I’m having coffee and enjoying the view and sounds for a few more minutes.

Here’s a few photos from my favorite part of the hike yesterday, it was definitely T’s favorite part too, we spent a little over an hour just climbing around on the rocks with an upfront view of the waterfall7AC86CDC-3771-4296-AF0D-3747B644447C.jpegFDD4883C-E87F-4439-84D9-5D6862A84DC9.jpeg58CAD83B-F0D0-4791-8826-62540EEEE053.jpegF340F0D3-1E06-4AC0-817F-9E8D77F154B7.jpegB482990D-C0F5-49C2-ACAC-836C2B843FE3.jpeg50A29E62-D5DB-4CAA-BB97-C96D9FE41496.jpegA84FDC9F-9E0F-4077-B177-AEE0B9C7B6D6.jpeg7B64FC1C-AF6E-4A0D-8BE2-D274DF17DE36.jpegBEF08329-B5FE-442E-A2A6-D91EC5644870.jpeg-

Goofyernmost

In the South, it's the opposite. There is an obesity problem with our younger generation.
Sorry, but I live in the south and I don't see it. Rural south, I don't know, but in urban south I see just the opposite. Pre-adolescents could be, but when the hormones kick in body image becomes far more important. I don't see a lot of obesity in older teens. Just the opposite in fact. Maybe it's were I live, but I can only go by what I actually witness.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom