HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

tomy117

Its kinda a bummer since Hongkong Disneyland Will only now have one launch site for pyrotechnics. since the other one is being occupied by frozen and there will be no replacements.

Maybe they will use the land between toy story land and arendelle? Although it means both lands must close earlier.

Disneylover152

Maybe they will use the land between toy story land and arendelle? Although it means both lands must close earlier.

I'm thinking full firework shows ala the US parks are a thing of the past at Hong Kong.

I'd expect the new HKDL shows be nighttime spectacular similar Paris & Shanghai. Focusing on fountains, lasers, spotlights & projections and lowering the amount of fireworks.

IMDREW

I'm thinking full firework shows ala the US parks are a thing of the past at Hong Kong.

I'd expect the new HKDL shows be nighttime spectacular similar Paris & Shanghai. Focusing on fountains, lasers, spotlights & projections and lowering the amount of fireworks.

Yes that's it. It really all depends on how good the show is story/music wise now. Disney Dreams in Paris was absolutely amazing, while Illuminations left a lot to be desired. I'm really excited to see the new show.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Yes that's it. It really all depends on how good the show is story/music wise now. Disney Dreams in Paris was absolutely amazing, while Illuminations left a lot to be desired. I'm really excited to see the new show.

Me too! Disney in the Stars is good (and technically my first Disney fireworks show), but it has been running since the park opened in 2005 so I think it's time to change-up things. The projectors for the castle and on Main Street and the installation of fountains in the new moat (as hinted in the concept art) gives me hope for a Disneyland Forever/Disney Dreams!-style show for Hong Kong.

IMDREW

I also really like they are going the full way as in theming all the castle walls throughout the hub and fantasyland. Also all the spires. I was a bit worried about that for a while. I think it will be a very nice upgrade to the park in the end.

In the Parks
Yes
Omg all these comments make me miss Disney In The Stars so badly :cry:
While I understand that the major launch site is taken over by Arendelle, I still hope the new nighttime spectacular can still feature some fireworks

IMDREW

Omg all these comments make me miss Disney In The Stars so badly :cry:
While I understand that the major launch site is taken over by Arendelle, I still hope the new nighttime spectacular can still feature some fireworks
It’ll feature fireworks for sure! No doubt about that. I’m sure it will look beautiful. Shanghai is too massive for a beautiful nighttime show without perimeter fireworks, but in a small setting like HKDL it can be beautiful, just like in Paris. I think a worthy tradeoff.

jrhwdw

HKDL should still have the launch points on either side of then SBC, correct? That's where most of the pyro from Disney In The Stars came from if I recall...and if they can do pyro from the new Castle as well, it sould look fine.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
HKDL should still have the launch points on either side of then SBC, correct? That's where most of the pyro from Disney In The Stars came from if I recall...and if they can do pyro from the new Castle as well, it sould look fine.

Based on this photo, they are retaining the "fortress" fireworks launch site. If I recall, HKDL's SBC got the fortress walls for launching fireworks (as opposed to launching them from the roofs of Fantasyland attractions).
EWc6hQLVcAEd8T_

Last edited:

Disneylover152

Will this be the avengers ride? A combination of coaster and a dark ride. By Vekoma Flying Coaster
View attachment 467162View attachment 467163View attachment 467164View attachment 467165View attachment 467166

starting from 6:50

I think the HK Avengers Ride is going to be the same ride as what's coming to California Adventure, if I remember correctly. Therefore it'll be an entirely new ride system (although, these pictures make me think it will be similar to the KUKA arm system.

disney.dreams

I would absolutely hope so! A ride like this would be a major draw for HKDL! So how about that rumor they replaced the marvel e-ticket with a mission breakout variant?
I don't think its a smart choice to change it into mission breakout
coz then DCA would have to bear more development cost of the new ride system
sharing the cost with HKDL would be a win-win situation
less development cost for each resort & HKDL could have an amazing ride to attract more guests

but I have something confused
this expansion map shows that the marvel e ticket would use up the entire area of autopia
1588218650787.png

yet the aerial photo shows that they only cut down half of the trees, those on the right side of the rails
1588218836451.png

it seems like a budget cut, coz half of the proposed area is not being used
but referring to the concept art, the avengers building is not that big at all
i think the size is similiar to the area that have cleaned up
1588219241298.png

then what is the area on the left side of the rails used for?
if it is a show building, it has to be really tall so that space mountain wouldnt hide it

is it a hub with marvel stage shows?
or it is just the area for backstage?

i think it would be wonderful if they can add the mission breakout variant there
it is tall enough and a nice touch for the marvel zone, though i dun think the budget is enough for that :/

hkdisky

less development cost for each resort & HKDL could have an amazing ride to attract more guests

this expansion map shows that the marvel e ticket would use up the entire area of autopia
View attachment 467303
yet the aerial photo shows that they only cut down half of the trees, those on the right side of the rails
View attachment 467304
View attachment 467307
if it is a show building, it has to be really tall so that space mountain wouldnt hide it

i think it would be wonderful if they can add the mission breakout variant there
it is tall enough and a nice touch for the marvel zone, though i dun think the budget is enough for that :/
I remember someone (from this forum?) said there will be two marvel rides coming to HKDL. So, there might be another ride in the left side or a mini land in next expansion (I hope they will announce another small expansion plan in 2022-23, like what they did in 2013)

DDLand

View attachment 467303
View attachment 467304
View attachment 467307

I wouldn’t get concerned about it... yet. Why has Disney only cleared part of the site? Let’s take a look at your picture again:
EAD08A80-0D33-4AE0-A822-D3D3513E7B5D.png

As we can see, half the project area is not cleared. Are they shrinking the project down? Are they changing the development area? Why did they chose this particular shape for the project? I will now refer you to my crudely drawn iPhone markup:
0655BB58-A299-4D19-A31F-333CADC32609.jpeg

The red is the railroad. The part near Space Mountain is the section of track guests enjoy, but there is another unseen critical section of track. That part of the track heads up through Autopia to the train barn. You can actually see one of the trains peeking out of the barn in the above photo. Now let’s take another look at the cleared site with another crude markup:
14211B86-AFD5-479D-A543-F49EEE9F3270.jpeg

The cleared area follows the tracks perfectly! I suspect that they are carefully clearing the site in phases to keep the train operational. I’d expect phase 2 of the site preparation to be the other side of the tracks.

One interesting question is how the train will make it through/underneath the Avengers show building. Will a new barn be built? Or are they actually going to route the train into it?

Or maybe they HAVE shrunk the project and we will get Mission: Cheapout. That’s possible, but until we hear otherwise I think it’s safe to assume that things are progressing according to plan.

BrianLo

I actually think HKDL is just getting the same attraction as DCA's. Both have moved from perhaps that Avengers Coaster to this flight of passage love child. Perhaps the intent was actually never to utilize the whole Autotopia plot from the get-go. The concept art certainly aligns with the current site clearing.

What hasn't changed is the budget. We'd know if that had, since it was an agreement with LEGCO.

MagicHK

I actually think HKDL is just getting the same attraction as DCA's. Both have moved from perhaps that Avengers Coaster to this flight of passage love child. Perhaps the intent was actually never to utilize the whole Autotopia plot from the get-go. The concept art certainly aligns with the current site clearing.

What hasn't changed is the budget. We'd know if that had, since it was an agreement with LEGCO.

Let’s hope we can get to see this “Avengers Quinjet Experience” soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom