HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

hooon42

can the land next to gg build a pirate land? or its planned for an expansion of gg?
I've watched a video about a tower of terror variant with a mineshaft theme, and its perfect for the gold mining theme of gg
also hkdl deserves a flume ride to cool you down in hot summer days

The entire TGM only have one indoor ride Mystic Manor
during rainy days, those areas become so empty as guests prefer staying in places with more shelters
I cant find any reason for not adding more indoor rides there

Yes, the land can next to gg build a pirate land and it's fitted.

Here's a "fan-idea" in idealbuildout.blogspot.com but the pictures are no longer exist

2.jpg

and this is the "fan-idea" map

3.jpg

disney.dreams

Most of Hong Kong is better designed than Shanghai IMO, Hong Kong feels like a Disneyland, Shanghai is bigger but not necessarily better more like any other amusement park but lacking in charm a d warmth
why hkdl always have such an unfortunate fate?
all concept arts of canceled theme land are amazing
they even have some Tokyo Disney vibes
if hkdl had followed these expansion plans
the park would become one of the best Disney parks
and won't
be mocked as the smallest and most boring park anymore :/

brb1006

Most of Hong Kong is better designed than Shanghai IMO, Hong Kong feels like a Disneyland, Shanghai is bigger but not necessarily better more like any other amusement park but lacking in charm a d warmth
Even the character interactions and movements at Shanghai are somehow lifeless compared to the other parks. At least judging by youtube footage for their parade and live shows. Hopefully they improve in the future.

Last edited:

Robbiem

Even the character interactions and movements are somehow lifeless compared to the other parks. At least judging by youtube footage for their parade and live shows.

Hong Kong reminds me of old school Disneyland because its not crowded you don’t really need to use fast pass and you can still just meet the characters out and about Cast members are really kind and being in Hong Kong there are no language issues for English speakers. The resort layout is perfect and would work well for a full build out much better than Paris (the other planned resort) or the other resorts which have evolved to changing plans often fitting things in where there is space.

the setting with the mountains and the bay is the most beautiful of any Disney resort and the only one other than maybe Disneysea where the location adds to the atmosphere. Yes the resort needs more to do and there were a few mistakes (no entrance hotel, more dark rides in fantasyland etc) but based on how much I enjoyed my day rather than ride counts Hong Kong is one of the best Disney parks if only because its layed back nature is so less stressful than other Disneylands these days

In the Parks
Yes
Even the character interactions and movements are somehow lifeless compared to the other parks. At least judging by youtube footage for their parade and live shows.
Especially the Voyage to the Crystal Grotto...
One of the worst Disney rides I have ever seen...
A boat ride inside a castle could have been something much greater than that...

HKDLer

Shanghai. That was always Disney’s real focus and goal.
HKDL was meant to be an experiment with the Chinese (PRC) market. A lot of the more popular ip/attractions in Hong Kong (e.g. MK Pooh ride, Stitch Encounter and Tarzan) also made their way to Shanghai. Some are direct clones while some are plussed or presented in a new form (e.g. Royal Banquet Hall and Tarzan: Call of the Jungle). The reason Shanghai got Tron instead of Space Mountain is that the PRC guests are often reluctant to go on rides that are completely hidden inside show buildings. Adjustments catering to Chinese taste, i.e. "authentically Disney, distinctly Chinese" are reflected in the design of the park. For example, the outdoor portion of Tron is intentional.

Since the opening of SHDL, HKDL has already shifted its focus back to the local and SE Asian market. Although underperforming in China, I expect the Star Wars presence in HKDL to expand given its popularity with Hongkongers, and Filipinos & Japanese guests, two of HKDL's fastest growing demogaphics.

Last edited:

Robbiem

Wish they would get rid of the tacky and low-capacity off-the-shelf rides at Toy Story Land and replace them with Journey to the Center of the Earth or Indy (AC😍). It is brutal to stroll in the back lands in summer with Mystic Manor being the sole indoor attraction.

i agree. Im not a fan of the land and i still can’t believe that none of the toy story lands outside the states have midway mania

disney.dreams

as the hong kong government extended the group gathering ban to 27/5 and high schools gonna resume classes on the same day as well
maybe Disney would follow the government and reopen the park on 27/5
and that will be exactly 4 months of park closure since 26/1
hopefully hkdl could still celebrate their 15th anniversary properly

Last edited:

iMax

as the hong kong government extended the group gathering ban to 27/5 and high schools gonna resume classes on the same day as well
maybe Disney would follow the government and reopen the park on 27/5
and that will be exactly 5 months of park closure since 26/1
hopefully hkdl could still celebrate their 15th anniversary properly

*4 months

In the Parks
Yes
i agree. Im not a fan of the land and i still can’t believe that none of the toy story lands outside the states have midway mania
Not a fan of a land with just three C-ticket either...
But given HKDL lacks space and this small plot can provide three rides
I believe the cost-efficiency is a major factor allowing it to stay
Not to mention TS is a popular IP in HK, strong sales from merchandise guaranteed
And since most HK-ers grow up with Ocean Park (a park with NON-themed but thrilling attractions), those three flat rides are certainly appealing to the locals
Would definitely be greater and more complete tho if they can add TSM to it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom