Voyage of the Little Mermaid is done, won't reopen with the parks.

bryanfze55

While I feel bad for the performers losing their job over this, most people have been calling for this to go for quite some time. Hopefully it’ll be replaced with something better. Another ride with no height requirement is desperately needed at DHS.

bryanfze55

Who is most people? I would assume it gets very high rankings from guests.

Well you would have to refer to others about how highly it ranked among guests. I really don’t know. I guess I shouldn’t generalize like that.

I was more referring to the usual fan complaints on here that Mermaid, BatB, and Indy were all severely outdated and due for replacement. I personally think Mermaid was the most enjoyable of the three. Of the three, I’m not sure how they rank in terms of expense and guest satisfaction.

The Empress Lilly

I maintained the classic A to E ticket system. Special category of F tickets for the very best. :)

20200328_164234.jpg
Quoting my post from last month. Ranking WDWs attractions. My entries for F ticket (so good that just E doesn't cut it): Safari, Space, Thunder, SSE, Star Tours, Monorail....and Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

Best show on property. ❤ I'll never be part of my mermaid's world again. 😪

celluloid

Nothing about the show is outdated unless the little mermaid ride is also outdated? The only thing that dates it is the franchise itself is from the 80’s.

I think people get the lack of maintinence/upkeep on impact of effects and use the term outdated. I would side with that more of being the issue. People are plenty still entertained by a good stage show with well kept effects. The show has been abridged, and neglected for awhile as many here now.

TrainsOfDisney

I think people get the lack of maintinence/upkeep on impact of effects and use the term outdated. I would side with that more of being the issue. People are plenty still entertained by a good stage show with well kept effects. The show has been abridged, and neglected for awhile as many here now.

It has? I noticed new LED strobes and all effects were working except the waterfall curtain.

Beauty and the Beast and Indiana Jones all looked good to me as well.

celluloid

It has? I noticed new LED strobes and all effects were working except the waterfall curtain.

I am sure those effects are mostly still good. But the film has been grainy for a long time.(maybe that has been adressed finally as I have not been in a few years) The show has cut has reduced a lot from its original form and has altered over time.
For what is worth, I prefer the opening sequence of the show to the entire book report dark ride.

brb1006

I am sure those effects are mostly still good. But the film has been grainy for a long time.(maybe that has been addressed finally as I have not been in a few years) The show has cut has reduced a lot from its original form and has altered over time.
For what is worth, I prefer the opening sequence of the show to the entire book report dark ride.
Here's video of the show from 2015 that shows of the Ursula lasers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom