Controversial/ Unpopular theme park opinions

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It's as confusing as Scooby Doo being there when they have been using him at one point in three theme park chains (Universal, Paramount and Six flags) at the same time.
I’m convinced that Universal has honestly just not been keeping track of their meet n’ greets across the parks and have forgotten about most of the characters meeting people.

NelleBelle

I've said it before and I'll say it again: SGE is not a good attraction, but it is in no way the worst attraction that Disney has put out.

The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man is still one of the best examples of blending digital and physical effects on a ride
what is the "worst" Disney put out (and is it controversial) 😉

Pepper's Ghost

Ok, swiss family is pretty darn bad. In fact, I think we've always bypassed it and done once with our kids. And the fact that someone is always throwing out prophylactics onto the bed is so disgusting. The fact they changed it Tarzan made it even worse.
Totally agree, although my post has already proven to be unpopular. lol 🤣

UNCgolf

I gotta vote for Swiss Family Treehouse. 🤢

I don't think Swiss Family is even remotely close to being one of Disney's worst attractions. It's just a simple walkthrough that's old and outdated (and based on an IP no one cares about anymore). But there's really nothing else they could do with that spot even if they tore the treehouse down. It's surrounded by water and would probably require temporarily shutting down the Jungle Cruise as well as doing some other major construction to build anything else there.

I think for something to qualify as one of Disney's worst, it would have to be something that was a failure from the start. Not something that just aged into obsolescence.

Pepper's Ghost

I think for something to qualify as one of Disney's worst, it would have to be something that was a failure from the start. Not something that just aged into obsolescence.
I don't need to convince anyone that they should or shouldn't like an attraction, but I disagree with this definition of qualification. I'd like to see your "official" qualification in an official document of some kind. lol 🤪 😁

UNCgolf

I don't need to convince anyone that they should or shouldn't like an attraction, but I disagree with this definition of qualification. I'd like to see your "official" qualification in an official document of some kind. lol 🤪 😁

I don't think I've ever even been in the Swiss Family Treehouse, so I don't have much opinion other than photos I've seen -- but from what I've read/seen it looks like it's pretty well executed for what it is, and that it's something a lot of people really enjoyed in the past.

I just think for something to be among the worst attractions it should actually be a poor execution of a concept (or a terrible concept to begin with) -- something like Superstar Limo or the current Journey into Imagination. Obviously you can think whatever you want!

PiratesMansion

I really enjoy Swiss Family Treehouse. I think it's a nice, pleasant diversion and nothing more, and that if that's what your expectations are, I don't see how you can be disappointed. Sometimes it's nice to have something that you know you can visit or explore whenever. Even if the IP is irrelevant, it's crafted with a level of care that you don't always see in newer walkthrough attractions.

Not to mention it's pretty fantastic compared to Tarzan's Treehouse, which is a horrific waste of space and frankly insulting in its late 90s tacky cheapness.

Among current, existing Disney attractions, I'd say the current Journey into Imagination is probably the worst from inception. The Chip n' Dale Treehouse at DL is probably the actual worst, having been neutered into oblivion since its opening (for those saying Swiss has no payoff...CND is literally a staircase now and nothing else). Forget the Swiss Treehouse, Chip & Dale's is more like Tarzan's Treehouse without THAT flawed attraction's redeeming qualities!

bryanfze55

People focus too much on rides and not enough on the overall experience of being at the parks. Adding carnival rides and spinner rides just to increase ride count does not make a theme park better... it makes it an amusement park.

The 3D movies (PhilharMagic, Tough to Be a Bug, and Muppet Vision) are under appreciated.

It’s a Small World is better at Disneyland simply for the facade, but it’s a great ride at both parks.

I would rather spend time in New Orleans Square, Liberty Square, Adventureland, or Frontierland than Galaxy’s Edge, Pandora, Cars Land, and yes, even Wizarding World.

I dislike Smugglers Run, it was one of the most forgettable experiences I’ve had at a Disney Park. It’s all just a blur, and not in a good way.

Na’Vi River Journey is just fine.

Star Tours is the best simulator ride in Orlando.

FettFan

The updated Mission: SPACE is perfect for Epcot and Space 220 will make it a complete pavilion

I disagree. The "Green" side and the "Advanced Training Area" need to be removed completely and replaced with a family friendly omnimover ride. THEN it will be a complete pavilion.
r-1410139496-MissionSpace1.jpg

Thrills are great for healthy, non-pregnant adults...but why exclude smaller children? Why exclude people with back or heart conditions? Why exclude pregnant women?

Green side sucks donkey tail anyway.

bryanfze55

Although I don't go to WDW yearly, nor do I fly there, I could afford to do both. My issue with your statement is that there are far more things to do in most places with Disney parks than there are in Orlando (yes, I know Orlando has other things too, but it doesn't compare to Paris, Tokyo, and Los Angeles). Although I would like to go to DLP, Tokyo Disney, and Disneyland at some point, I've been to both Paris and Los Angeles (LA more than once) and had too many other things I'd rather do than spend a day or two at a Disney park. I think it would take several trips to Paris (or one that was 2+ weeks long) before I'd feel like I had the time to go to DLP without missing out on other things I'd prefer to see/experience first. I do think I'll get to Disneyland next time I'm in LA, though.

If you do return to LA, please do yourself a favor and go to Disneyland. It doesn’t have to be an LA or Disney trip, it can be both.

Maybe this is just my own personal bias, because I don’t have any affinity for Hollywood or the general LA “scene” - but I couldn’t imagine going to LA and not popping over to Disneyland. I think you’ll feel the same after you visit. Yes, LA is a fine city with good food, good nightlife, and good museums - but a ton of other cities have all that. Only one city has the OG Disney park, though!

(And yes, I realize that one city isn’t quite LA but play along)

UNCgolf

If you do return to LA, please do yourself a favor and go to Disneyland. It doesn’t have to be an LA or Disney trip, it can be both.

Maybe this is just my own personal bias, because I don’t have any affinity for Hollywood or the general LA “scene” - but I couldn’t imagine going to LA and not popping over to Disneyland. I think you’ll feel the same after you visit. Yes, LA is a fine city with good food, good nightlife, and good museums - but a ton of other cities have all that. Only one city has the OG Disney park, though!

(And yes, I realize that one city isn’t quite LA but play along)

I do want to visit Disneyland the next time I'm in LA.

I think I'm the opposite of you, though -- I really like Los Angeles (although I'd never want to live there); it's probably my favorite city to visit in the US. It's far more interesting than NYC to me, mostly because of the architecture. It's a unique place; there's really nowhere else in the world that looks like it. There are specific things I really enjoy in NYC (probably more than in LA), but just walking around the city doesn't do much for me. Driving/walking around different parts of LA (well, a ton of it technically isn't LA, but you know what I mean) really interests me because of that unique architecture.

Little Green Men

I disagree. The "Green" side and the "Advanced Training Area" need to be removed completely and replaced with a family friendly omnimover ride. THEN it will be a complete pavilion.
r-1410139496-MissionSpace1.jpg

Thrills are great for healthy, non-pregnant adults...but why exclude smaller children? Why exclude people with back or heart conditions? Why exclude pregnant women?

Green side sucks donkey tail anyway.
I only do the green side and it’s great. I love the relaxing narration. They added booster seats to allow younger kids ride too. It would be nice if they added an omnimover but I stand by what I said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom