Rumor Character greet changes coming

bryanfze55

While this is absolutely not true, please don’t give Disney any ideas on further cash grabs... I’m convinced there are people that would totally pay for meet and greets.

FigmentForever96

Welcome to the forums
Oh I’m not new. Same as @FigmentForver96. I tried over and over again to get into my account but no resets or passwords I tried worked. So alas I’m forced to start over. I messaged Steve just to let him know who I am so nobody thinks I’m attempting to break forum rules on purpose.

Last edited:

SpiteriFam

"I paid for a day in the park and now I have to pay more to stay for the Halloween Party?!"

Ok, I'll pay.

"I paid for a day in the park, then paid for the party, but I have to pay more to go to the Cruella’s Halloween Hide-A-Way?!"

The difference for me is that in my eyes the 3 pillars of what you pay for are rides, characters and parades.Special events are just that “special” I.e above and beyond so charging seems to me to be less of an afront.

Charging to see a character is therefore double charging for a fundamental benefit that I don’t think after parties constitute

celluloid

What makes anyone think entertainment, especially character entertainment, is coming back?

Some of it will. The interactions will be rough or differnet if things stay this thick. Entertainment has never gone away completely. Imagineers and designers often say there are three types of people who visit theme parks. One of them is going ot be the type of person who meets as many characters as they can. It is not me, but that is a huge aspect and market.
At the same level for a long time, probably not.

montyz81

This is similar to airlines forcing you to pay for your luggage to be put on the plane. Didn't I already pay for it when I bought the ticket to get on the plane?

What do we think the take rate will be? My guess is fear will still play a part in whether or not people buy this added experience. So, the company will not make as much money as they think they will, regardless of the screaming kids' demands.

celluloid

Disney gets money from these experiences by having people wait in line for them with their kids, buying autpgraph books, photopass and spending more time in the park. They are pretty ingrained as a standard part of the experience. For sure the company has toyed around with the idea of upcharge versions where there is some more personal involvement such as the tea parties, meals and experiences that already exist, but it is doubtful you are going to ever see what is described implemented.

IanDLBZF

Disney gets money from these experiences by having people wait in line for them with their kids, buying autpgraph books, photopass and spending more time in the park. They are pretty ingrained as a standard part of the experience. For sure the company has toyed around with the idea of upcharge versions where there is some more personal involvement such as the tea parties, meals and experiences that already exist, but it is doubtful you are going to ever see what is described implemented.
Exactly this.

AndyS2992

This is BS however I wouldn’t be surprised if they implemented the system they have at Walt Disney Studios Paris where M&Gs are by reservation only through an app which gives you a dedicated time with no standby lines available which means Disney can control the amount of people characters see and give them breaks in between. The only downside being that the slots fill quickly minutes after park opening and takes away any surprise or spontaneous meets even though these are rare at WDW these days any way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom