Rumor Character greet changes coming

Djsfantasi

No. BGs are free. Or you can pay for Lightning Lane. It’s not that complicated. Rides have two queues as they have for years. For these two rides, Standby —> BGs; Fastpass+—> Lightning Lane.
Sorry, I don’t know where you’re getting your information, but it’s completely wrong?

THERE ARE NO MORE FREE BOARDING PASSES. FOR THE HIGH DEMAND ATTRACTIONS, DISNEY HAS GONE TO A PAY FOR PLAY MODEL. PLEASE, RESEARCH IT IF ONLY TO TRY AND PROVE ME WRONG! I DONT WANT YOU TO BE SHOCKED TO REALIZE IT WILL COST TOU $15 for FoP and $15 for EE WHEN YOU GO TO AK.

I’m done saying you’re wrong and then I’m wrong. It’s your $$

ToTBellHop

Sorry, I don’t know where you’re getting your information, but it’s completely wrong?

THERE ARE NO MORE FREE BOARDING PASSES. FOR THE HIGH DEMAND ATTRACTIONS, DISNEY HAS GONE TO A PAY FOR PLAY MODEL. PLEASE, RESEARCH IT IF ONLY TO TRY AND PROVE ME WRONG! I DONT WANT YOU TO BE SHOCKED TO REALIZE IT WILL COST TOU $15 for FoP and $15 for EE WHEN YOU GO TO AK.

My goodness, the world is losing its collective mind.

This is why I ignore strangers. Eyes down; keep walking.

ImperfectPixie

Dude...you're wrong.

Those rides not included in the $15 per person per day charge for Genie+ access will have EITHER standby lines OR boarding groups AND the ability to purchase a Lightning Lane line-skip.

Chip Chipperson

So everyone else (including Disney's own press release) is wrong and you're right? What do you think the odds of that are?

Djsfantasi

Wrong. Virtual queue boarding groups will continue to be free

I’m tired of saying wrong to people who don’t know what they’re talking about.

Read this Disney article.

And read this excerpt about purchasing a boarding pass for desirable attractions.

Attachments

• 663C2A22-75B5-40A8-9A7E-5BC1BF05AD0C.jpeg
    663C2A22-75B5-40A8-9A7E-5BC1BF05AD0C.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 92

ImperfectPixie

And read this excerpt about purchasing a boarding pass for desirable attractions.
You've got it wrong. That's not purchasing a boarding group. That's purchasing a line-skip, and you are limited to 2 per day.

From the link:

Lightning Lane selections will be made on the same day of your visit and can be used across multiple theme parks, great for those who love the Park Hopper option. Attractions continue to offer a traditional standby queue, or a virtual queue at certain attractions like Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance—to maximize flexibility.

peter11435

You are wrong.

The excerpt you are referencing is about the purchase of individual attraction lightning lane access. Paid Fastpass. Virtual queue will still be available for free for the attractions it is offered at just like standby will continue to be offered at other attractions.

We know what we are talking about. You do not.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

You are wrong.

Stop saying "boarding pass." There is no such thing as a "boarding pass."

A ride like RotR will continue to have "Boarding Groups," which is free and will be free.

Or, you can pay for the Individual Attraction Selection (IA$) to use the Lightning Line (like the old FP+).​
So, for that ride you have two options: one is free (the BGs) and the other you pay for (IA$).​

Most other rides will have a Lightning Lane that you can access with Disney Genie+ (DG+) as well as a Standby Line. So, they have two options: a free one (Standby) or a pay option to get into the Lightning Lane (DG+).

Just stop and keep rereading until you realize your error.

See the link in my sig below for a FAQ/Info summary of the system.

ImperfectPixie

I don't really blame that poster for having the info wrong / mixed up. It is definitely confusing.

But my word, no reason to argue with anyone. Discuss it back and forth with civility.
It's the "people who don't know what they're talking about" part that gets me. Assuming you're the one, single person who is right when multiple others are telling you that you aren't is pretty brazen and takes a huge set of you know what's combined with a heavy dose of obliviousness.

Dan Deesnee

It's the "people who don't know what they're talking about" part that gets me. Assuming you're the one, single person who is right when multiple others are telling you that you aren't is pretty brazen and takes a huge set of you know what's combined with a heavy dose of obliviousness.

Modified my post. I didn't mean to look like I was reprimanding those that were trying to actually post the correct info.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Not to mention the track record of those who are putting out the correct info. @peter11435 and @MansionButler84 know what they are talking about, and @MisterPenguin researched and cataloged all this stuff into a nice, handy FAQ that takes the over-complexity of the new system and makes it somewhat understandable.

Last edited:

Djsfantasi

You are wrong.

Stop saying "boarding pass." There is no such thing as a "boarding pass."

A ride like RotR will continue to have "Boarding Groups," which is free and will be free.

Or, you can pay for the Individual Attraction Selection (IA$) to use the Lightning Line (like the old FP+).​
So, for that ride you have two options: one is free (the BGs) and the other you pay for (IA$).​

Most other rides will have a Lightning Lane that you can access with Disney Genie+ (DG+) as well as a Standby Line. So, they have two options: a free one (Standby) or a pay option to get into the Lightning Lane (DG+).

Just stop and keep rereading until you realize your error.

See the link in my sig below for a FAQ/Info summary of the system.

Excuse me. I said “boarding pass” once. It was a mistake. I meant to type boarding group, not pass. And I will admit I was wrong.

I interpreted the article I attached to mean there was no standby line. Oops.

What isn’t clear is that people understand that to continue to receive Fastpass-like service on high demand attractions, one had to pay above and beyond the fee for rides of lesser demand. Making Fastpass a fee-based option and high demand attractions require an extra additional fee.

We’re all trying to learn the system. I was frustrated. I just received training for authorized travel agents and obviously got this wrong.

I rudely assumed that I had authorized training, that I was correct. Once again, I was wrong.

Plus, this is no excuse, I deal with hundreds of people who’ve got it wrong, so I have a certain level of distrust when someone tries to explain something to me.

Thanks everyone for providing this old coot a valuable lesson. Have A Magical Day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom