Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter11435

And I clearly stated how the purchasing works, I never said Guardians was or wasn't a project that could be cancelled I simply called out your false claim that a coaster is paid for when it is ordered. NO big projects like that is paid for in advance, not even a small project like a house is paid for in advance unless the buyer is an idiot and I don't think Disney is filled with idiots.
Where did I ever say a coaster is paid for when it’s ordered? Hint... never said that. I don’t believe anyone else said it was paid for when ordered either. What was said is that by the time the coaster is being installed onsite it has already been paid for.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Sorry, 1 more question, does that mean just boarding groups like RoTR or does it mean there will still be FP+ available for the rides but all standby will go to boarding groups only?

shernernum

Yeah, please come try Marta out, because it's quite possibly the most disgusting transit system I have ridden on in my travels for work, I also live here and use it daily. The stuff that I have seen...I mean on a daily basis is enough for me wo write a series of novels. :joyfull:
I've been on both multiple times.....NYC Metro is a multitude of times worse than MARTA...MARTA is just an inefficient system that doesn't serve it's city well.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Mayo Clinic is instituting across the board pay cuts and furloughs to shoulder a projected $3 billion loss this year.

The pay and work reductions, which will apply to all employees at Mayo’s campuses in Minnesota, Florida and Arizona, will start in May, and last until the end of the year. Together, Mayo employs more than 63,000 people.

Kevin_W

Mayo Clinic is instituting across the board pay cuts and furloughs to shoulder a projected $3 billion loss this year.

The pay and work reductions, which will apply to all employees at Mayo’s campuses in Minnesota, Florida and Arizona, will start in May, and last until the end of the year. Together, Mayo employs more than 63,000 people.

Much of the argument of "flattening the curve" was that we wouldn't necessarily change the # of cases, but we wanted to keep the peak below our hospital capacity. This would suggest to me that in many areas (read: not NYC) we have successfully done that and that we should relax the rules on things like non-essential surgeries. I know the hospitals near me (Columbus, OH) are well below their normal capacity, but I have an employee who's knee replacement surgery has been cancelled who is in agony and can barely walk right now. That's tough to see.

I think the argument against non-essential medical services lies mostly in not using up PPE, but I have not seen good statistics on where we stand with that. There have been countless news stories about companies ramping up PPE production and technology like Batelle's mask-sterilizer than can sterilize 800,000 masks a day. With new cases pretty flat, I would think we are at a point where PPE production/cleaning should have crossed the line of daily usage. But perhaps not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom