Opinion: Runaway Railway is as much of a classic as Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
That’s the charm.
It's only charming to people who either A). Grew up with it, B). Knew it during its glory days, or C). Are people who are Disney nutjobs.

It's okay. I'm one of them. I admire and appreciate the attraction and I love it in theory. But I can at least acknowledge that the 'charm' is kinda cringe these day. Especially to the general public.

Imagine how amazing this attraction could be if they updated all of the AAs with SUPER modern animatronic figures! The point of an AA (aside from its story) is to either immerse guests out of reality (which is hard to do with all those clickings and static movements), or make the audience believe the characters were truly there right in front of you. Much like the AAs in Hall of Presidents, Navi River Journey, Star Wars, American Adventure...

This is NOT impressive, unless you ONLY look at it through nostalgic/historical glasses. Which, in tern, makes it a classic.

This is also just an opinion, so. React however you will.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Between a classic car, and a classic ride? Where do I begin? 🤣 🤪 lol
In context, it's the same thing. What makes a car classic? It's age.

What attractions are considered classic at Disney? The ones that have been around for many many years. Flight of Passage is phenomenal, but I wouldn't consider it a classic yet for another 5 or 6 years probably.

Pepper's Ghost

In context, it's the same thing. What makes a car classic? It's age.

What attractions are considered classic at Disney? The ones that have been around for many many years. Flight of Passage is phenomenal, but I wouldn't consider it a classic yet for another 5 or 6 years probably.

WoL - You and I are on the exact same page. I'm with you. I've said previously it takes time. Honestly, I was just messin' with you. With that said, regardless of age Treehouse will NEVER be a classic. NEVER. Never, ever, ever!

never.gif

rreading

This is the best reply I have gotten and I very much appreciate it.

First, the mirror with Belle's Enchanted Tales. You're right. That is an attraction I have never considered and does follow the format I laid out. So that is a hole in my explanation.

Second, in defense of the roof the building, it is much easier to do a night sky or darken the attraction so the roof isn't visible than it is to immerse you in the environment including the roof when the attraction is much brighter and more colorful. So I can understand the complaint but I think the logistics are worth considering. Could the roof have added to the attraction? Sure! But it was a much more difficult task with this one than it was with the other two. With regards to "screen out," there's so much going on in this attraction (as it should be, it is a cartoon and that's how cartoons are) that looking up is intentionally trying to break the illusion from my standpoint.

In regards to making all the characters animatronics, we previously mentioned Goofy on this thread and I assume that's who you're primarily referring to and it was likely due to the fact that one would have been required for every ride vehicle and there could have been a problem with people reaching out to touch him.

I've not ridden it - nor have most of us - but my impression is that there's a clear consensus that it's probably not going to be considered a classic on the order of HM or POTC or Space M or Splash or even 7DMT. The question is really whether it's even going to be up there with Soarin' over CA (SOTW is so much more lame). Eventually will it be top-tier or just really good? While I'm going to be excited to ride it, I'll be impressed if it's better than the Frozen ride!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom