Can I just vent for a minute...?

kimberlymautz

I know with everything going on in the world right now my September/October Disney trip is definitely not high up on anyone's list of "Important things" however having it to look forward to has made the 'Stay Home' order a little easier.

Well I follow a Disney group on Facebook and saw that AT LEAST 25+ people have rescheduled their trips for the same week that I'm supposed to be going and I know more will follow.

Obviously this pandemic isn't their faults (unless they're refusing to stay home and are part of the problem, but I obviously don't know that), but it's such a bummer that it's going to end up being a lot more crowded then I'd hoped. I mean, I already anticipated it being hot and crowded (we've gone the same week before), but I just checked packages out of curiosity and for the same package I have the pricing has increased by over $900.

I know - First World Problems - it just stinks when I can't change my trip because I already paid for my MNSSHP tickets which are non refundable and the entire point of going that week is because it's for my son's 3rd birthday. By the time I could factor in the extra money for his park tickets and food (we have the dining plan and have mostly buffets) my daughter will be turning 10 and the cost for her will increase.

UGH!

Again, I know. I'm just venting on here because I know that you'll "get" that this is frustrating. Obviously I don't want people to have to cancel their trips, or to have this pandemic as the reason for the need to cancel/reschedule them, I just wish they'd pick a different week to reschedule for. 😂

Stay well everyone! Staying home for such long periods of time can be frustrating, but the faster people listen the faster this will pass.

yensid67

Now that Disney announced that the US Parks would be closed INDEFINITELY...Kim, I, personally would start making other plans! I would not want to be the first guests back into the parks. I would wait a few months and see how things pan out for the safety of all! IF I WERE YOU...I would POSTPONE my trip and reschedule it for later in 2021. Disney Hopefully will be open by the 50th Anniversary, which is October 1 2021!;)

TO EVERYONE...
THE SAFETY OF YOUR FAMILY SHOULD BE ABOVE ALL PLANS FOR S DISNEY VACATION! Let's be smart and do the right thing, it will be more enjoyable for you if you plan your vacation with the assurance of not coming home and getting sick!

#Disneyfanlove

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnD

Now that Disney announced that the US Parks would be closed INDEFINITELY...Kim, I, personally would start making other plans! I would not want to be the first guests back into the parks. I would wait a few months and see how things pan out for the safety of all! IF I WERE YOU...I would POSTPONE my trip and reschedule it for later in 2021. Disney Hopefully will be open by the 50th Anniversary, which is October 1 2021!;)

TO EVERYONE...
THE SAFETY OF YOUR FAMILY SHOULD BE ABOVE ALL PLANS FOR S DISNEY VACATION! Let's be smart and do the right thing, it will be more enjoyable for you if you plan your vacation with the assurance of not coming home and getting sick!

#Disneyfanlove

I think it's fair to say Disney will be open October 1, 2021. As for right now, they can't possibly give a date for reopening with inside dining at restaurants closed by FL Gov Executive Order until at least May 8. It's now all about wait and see.

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

I go every October and had already booked my trip for the first 2 weeks of the month. I am expecting it to be busier then usual, but you never know.

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

I would LOVEEE free dining. It wouldn't save me a whole lot of money with the pricing increases already in place, but every little bit helps.
I'd "settle" for free dining for my September trip.....🍿🧁
You're in luck! (if you meet the requirements and they are actually open)

1585469372669.png

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You're in luck! (if you meet the requirements and they are actually open)

View attachment 459331
That's not really a discount -- it's guest recovery for those who had to move their dates, and it even penalizes those who were slightly more prescient than others and canceled as soon as it became apparent there was going to be a problem with this pandemic.

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

That's not really a discount -- it's guest recovery for those who had to move their dates, and it even penalizes those who were slightly more prescient than others and canceled as soon as it became apparent there was going to be a problem with this pandemic.
I cancelled on March 12 with a DVC reservation. Who knows why it was sent to me. It is a value for some, like my brother who has 4 kids (2 over 9). For me, it is not.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

I'm already scheduled for the end of September. However now due to this special we'll see more people rescheduling for my trip week because it's including in the free dining special. Ugh.
I'm with you, and I really feel selfish because I DON'T want a lot of people there when I am. On the other hand, more people might mean longer hours, more cast members working, etc.

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

Original Poster
I'm with you, and I really feel selfish because I DON'T want a lot of people there when I am. On the other hand, more people might mean longer hours, more cast members working, etc.

That's very true. I just booked my dining and there was a lot available, so hopefully that's a good sign.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Just go and have fun and don’t worry about the crowds... traveling with a 3 year old will slow you down anyway. Go.... enjoy it and leave all your worries behind!
Plus, if we dont have school again this year, parents really shouldn’t take their kids out of school this upcoming September. (I’m not saying it would be bad if they did, but as a teacher, I personally think they shouldn’t after being out of school for possibly 5-6 months).

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Just go and have fun and don’t worry about the crowds... traveling with a 3 year old will slow you down anyway. Go.... enjoy it and leave all your worries behind!
Plus, if we dont have school again this year, parents really shouldn’t take their kids out of school this upcoming September. (I’m not saying it would be bad if they did, but as a teacher, I personally think they shouldn’t after being out of school for possibly 5-6 months).
I agree. I would think that after the disaster that has been the 2019-2020 school year, everyone is ready for a normal school experience. It doesn't seem to make sense to have kids in school 2-3 weeks, then pull them out for a week.

Upvote 0

BroSav10

So I’m one of those people, originally scheduled for spring break- had been planning that trip for a year. Rescheduled for May 8, realized that’s not happening either so called to take advantage of the recovery offer. Since we were booked in Coronado springs they’re only offering the QS dining plan. To upgrade it to regular DDP is an extra $600 for 2 adults and 1 child. Scheduled for Sept 19-25, if the offer went later I would’ve rather have gone in October or November. Also, my 2 year old will be turning 3 in July...ugh. The CM on the phone didn’t ask about this though. Maybe I’m being selfish, but it was every intention of mine to go before he turned 3. I don’t know how much more he would be for park tickets and the upgrade of the dining plan, but I imagine it’s quite a big difference. I’ll probably break down and have him added but this just frustrates the heck out of me. 😖

Upvote 0

Disstevefan1

I know with everything going on in the world right now my September/October Disney trip is definitely not high up on anyone's list of "Important things" however having it to look forward to has made the 'Stay Home' order a little easier.

Well I follow a Disney group on Facebook and saw that AT LEAST 25+ people have rescheduled their trips for the same week that I'm supposed to be going and I know more will follow.

Obviously this pandemic isn't their faults (unless they're refusing to stay home and are part of the problem, but I obviously don't know that), but it's such a bummer that it's going to end up being a lot more crowded then I'd hoped. I mean, I already anticipated it being hot and crowded (we've gone the same week before), but I just checked packages out of curiosity and for the same package I have the pricing has increased by over $900.

I know - First World Problems - it just stinks when I can't change my trip because I already paid for my MNSSHP tickets which are non refundable and the entire point of going that week is because it's for my son's 3rd birthday. By the time I could factor in the extra money for his park tickets and food (we have the dining plan and have mostly buffets) my daughter will be turning 10 and the cost for her will increase.

UGH!

Again, I know. I'm just venting on here because I know that you'll "get" that this is frustrating. Obviously I don't want people to have to cancel their trips, or to have this pandemic as the reason for the need to cancel/reschedule them, I just wish they'd pick a different week to reschedule for. 😂

Stay well everyone! Staying home for such long periods of time can be frustrating, but the faster people listen the faster this will pass.

Firstly, September/October stopped being a less crowded a LONG TIME AGO, it was going to be mobbed anyway. BUT this coming September/October will be the first September/October since Corona, NOBODY KNOWS what WDW will be like in September/October.

Depending on when the 2nd wave of Corona hits WDW may be closed for the 2nd time in September/October.

If WDW is open, it very well be could be LESS crowded in September/October.

One thing is for sure. if WDW is even open in September/October it will be a MUCH DIFFERENT WDW then you remember. I suspect you will be saying throughout your vacation, "Why did they close that?", "What, no Fireworks?", "What, no parade?", "I miss the American Adventure, it was nice and cool and I could almost dose off in there", "Are you joking? They closed the Biergarten?"

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

Original Poster
So I’m one of those people, originally scheduled for spring break- had been planning that trip for a year. Rescheduled for May 8, realized that’s not happening either so called to take advantage of the recovery offer. Since we were booked in Coronado springs they’re only offering the QS dining plan. To upgrade it to regular DDP is an extra $600 for 2 adults and 1 child. Scheduled for Sept 19-25, if the offer went later I would’ve rather have gone in October or November. Also, my 2 year old will be turning 3 in July...ugh. The CM on the phone didn’t ask about this though. Maybe I’m being selfish, but it was every intention of mine to go before he turned 3. I don’t know how much more he would be for park tickets and the upgrade of the dining plan, but I imagine it’s quite a big difference. I’ll probably break down and have him added but this just frustrates the heck out of me. 😖

I'm sorry, that really stinks. I completely understand that it's not Disney's fault they have to close, but you'd think they would be giving some kind of leeway for people who were scheduled to go before their kids turned 3 but then were canceled beyond their control.

Upvote 0

Disstevefan1

Corona closure aside, I always thought age of 3 was too young to start charging!!!!!

Upvote 0

BroSav10

Corona closure aside, I always thought age of 3 was too young to start charging!!!!!
Me too! I feel it should be 3 AND under, especially when it comes to the dining plan. I can’t imagine paying the same amount for my 3 year old as my 9 year old. He hardly eats anything and I usually share whatever I get with him. Anyway, when I rescheduled the trip the CM didn’t say anything about this. Anyone know if they will ask about this when we go??

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

Me too! I feel it should be 3 AND under, especially when it comes to the dining plan. I can’t imagine paying the same amount for my 3 year old as my 9 year old. He hardly eats anything and I usually share whatever I get with him. Anyway, when I rescheduled the trip the CM didn’t say anything about this. Anyone know if they will ask about this when we go??
I know this is not popular on here and I will probably get lambasted for this, but just go into your DME account and age him down a year.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom