What's Still On and What's Now Off

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I know I am alone on this but I am glad SSE is not getting a refurb. That is my go to attraction in Epcot. I will admit I have not followed the thread on it mainly because I was worried about the changes.
I wouldn't bet on it not getting a refurb, just a delay. Based on what we know right now I'd set a moneyline on an SSE refurb starting in 2020 at something like -200. I'd set the moneyline on one starting in the next 18 months at something like -1000.

Surferboy567

Spaceship Earth really needed that update...do we know for sure it’s not going though?

The track/effects could really use some attention.

Still super surprised they haven’t announced an extended closure...not a great look on Disney’s part.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Spaceship Earth really needed that update...do we know for sure it’s not going though?

The track/effects could really use some attention.

Still super surprised they haven’t announced an extended closure...not a great look on Disney’s part.
None of us knows anything...that’s why we are chatting on the internet and not meeting in the “W.E.D. boardroom” in Burbank.

But from past precedent...the spaceship earth redo was recently confirmed and they really haven’t put much into it...that would make it the logical first thing to go. Ratatouille and guardians would be last.

Things like Moana and Mary poppies are pretty much DOA.

This “festival center” is intriguing...it’s cost but they can likely justify with easy cash flow.

Last edited:

wishiwere@wdw

It’s going to be interesting to see how this goes because I suspect they’re going to be slammed by local AP’s like us upon reopening. A combination of desperation to get out and also missing the parks. Remember, many like us already paid for our AP’s and while we have nearly zero income right now, we do have time. And we won’t be renewing unless there are extremely generous offers or if things for me personally drastically improve before the end of the year because it just isn’t responsible for us to drop thousands on passes right now. There’s no way we’re alone on that.

Surferboy567

None of us knows anything...that’s why we are chatting on the internet and not meeting in the “W.E.D. boardroom” in Burbank.

But from past precedence...the spaceship earth redo was recently confirmed and they really haven’t put much into it...that would make it the logical first thing to go. Ratatouille and guardians would be last.

This “festival center” is intriguing...it’s cost but they can likely justify with easy cash flow.

Rat has no chance of being affected at all. It’s done (basically). Everything else I agree with on...guardians also seems kinda far along but it’s hard to judge.

I feel like the festival center will happen because it’s Chapek’s stamp on EPCOT but I guess we will see. They also need to put something in the hole in future world.

I also wonder if EPCOT truly doesn’t open how long it will stay closed.

trainplane3

But from past precedence...the spaceship earth redo was recently confirmed and they really haven’t put much into it...that would make it the logical first thing to go. Ratatouille and guardians would be last.

I'm imagining the Epcot Experience thing reopening with Moana and Poppins missing. I wonder how long they'll show those off if they're canceled?

UNCgolf

I'm imagining the Epcot Experience thing reopening with Moana and Poppins missing. I wonder how long they'll show those off if they're canceled?

I said it in another thread but I'm wondering if it'll reopen at all. Half of the scenes in it may no longer happen -- Play Pavilion, Moana, Mary Poppins, even the festival center is probably iffy at the moment.

I don't think they'd want to keep showcasing things that may never happen, but I doubt they'd want to edit scenes out because that would be close to a confirmation that the project is cancelled.

Last edited:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
If those projects are indeed being cancelled, I'm thinking they'll be gone from the EPCOT Experience just a few days from the park's opening date.

Or as @UNCgolf said, the whole EPCOT Experience might be removed. Everything is uncertain at this point.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
If those projects are indeed being cancelled, I'm thinking they'll be gone from the EPCOT Experience just a few days from the park's opening date.

Or as @UNCgolf said, the whole EPCOT Experience might be removed. Everything is uncertain at this point.
And that's why I hate the OP's clickbait first post, not because of what was said, but because it breeds so much negativity based on what is probably mostly wrong or incomplete information. I particularly loathe the the way the OP used the term "abandonment" because it sets the wrong context for so much of what could potentially happen based on speculation and incomplete or wrong information.

UNCgolf

And that's why I hate the OP's clickbait first post, not because of what was said, but because it breeds so much negativity based on what is probably mostly wrong or incomplete information. I particularly loathe the the way the OP used the term "abandonment" because it sets the wrong context for so much of what could potentially happen based on speculation and incomplete or wrong information.

Most of his post didn't really say anything new or controversial (a few things are somewhat out there). Everyone should have already realized the majority of what he mentioned was on the table. It's simple economics; Disney isn't going to spend money on projects they don't believe will bring in a return in the near future. Some of them could be cancelled, some of them could just be delayed, and sure, it's possible they go ahead and immediately build everything they announced. That seems really unlikely, though. Mary Poppins was likely dead before this even started, and I think the Play Pavilion and Moana are pretty high on the list of things that would get axed next.

Reopening the EPCOT Experience with OR without changes puts Disney in a weird position.

Last edited:

The real rescueranger

Pretty much will be limited.
Marni, I have a coworker who claims to have a friend who works for Disney. He said that his friend told him that limiting capacity was definitely being discussed and that one plan being considered had the parks only being open to Disney Hotel guests for a while until they could increase operations in a safe manner. I have no way of knowing if this person truly knows what they are talking about or they are guessing. Have you heard this being a possibility?

Last edited:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I think you're being naive if you don't believe there's a legitimate chance that the Play Pavilion and Moana aren't built (Mary Poppins was likely dead even before any of this happened).

Most of his post didn't really say anything new or controversial (a few things are somewhat out there); everyone should have already realized the majority of what he mentioned was on the table. It's simple economics; Disney isn't going to spend money on projects they don't believe will bring in a return in the near future. Some of them could be cancelled, some of them could just be delayed, and sure, it's possible they go ahead and immediately build everything they announced. That seems really unlikely, though.

The problem is the OP came in, used his apparent street board cred as an "insider" and laid out all this stuff is going to be abandoned. Not delayed or redeveloped or reimagined. No evidence to back anything up and in conflict with some of the information that other publications have put out and that other insiders here have mentioned.

Now here we are on page 21 of this thread still going on about it, and there have no further details or confirmation that any of the things from the OP. The OP even said in his first post that " I likely won't be checking in often for conversation"

Now where have we seen this before @Disnerd2003 and @MouseBrayden....

TrainsOfDisney

Marni, I have a coworker who claims to have a friend who works for Disney. He said that his friend told him that limiting capacity was definitely being discussed and that one plan being considered had the parks only being open to Disney Hotel guests for a while until they could increase operations in a safe manner. I have know way of knowing if this person truly knows what they are talking about or they are guessing. Have you heard this being a possibility?

They will want to open to passholders ASAP so the clock stops ticking.

UNCgolf

The problem is the OP came in, used his apparent street board cred as an "insider" and laid out all this stuff is going to be abandoned. Not delayed or redeveloped or reimagined. No evidence to back anything up and in conflict with some of the information that other publications have put out and that other insiders here have mentioned.

Now here we are on page 21 of this thread still going on about it, and there have no further details or confirmation that any of the things from the OP. The OP even said in his first post that " I likely won't be checking in often for conversation"

Now where have we seen this before @Disnerd2003 and @MouseBrayden....

Martin seems to think he actually has at least some inside information (or at least Martin's confirmed that he's heard the same things a few times), but that's really beside the point. He could be a total fraud and it wouldn't make most of this stuff any less likely.

I don't think anyone is taking what he says as the gospel truth (at least no one who posts regularly). Anyone could have a made a thread like this regardless of "insider" status because it's mostly things that anyone could see was possible. It's not like he named a bunch of wild stuff that no one would have even conceived of if he hadn't mentioned it -- I'm pretty sure we would be discussing all of this in other threads even if this poster and this specific thread didn't exist.

Last edited:

The real rescueranger

They will want to open to passholders ASAP so the clock stops ticking.
I don’t think so. If they are truly going to limit capacity, you are not going to want your park stuffed with locals. You are going to want people on resort packages buying new tickets and spending money. If this is true( and that’s a big if) I could see them extending the annual passes out extra to cover the time capacity is limited.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Marni, I have a coworker who claims to have a friend who works for Disney. He said that his friend told him that limiting capacity was definitely being discussed and that one plan being considered had the parks only being open to Disney Hotel guests for a while until they could increase operations in a safe manner. I have no way of knowing if this person truly knows what they are talking about or they are guessing. Have you heard this being a possibility?
I haven’t. To be honest I think they’d want the support of locals whilst the resorts try to get back to a kind of normality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom