working out for Disney

Sans Souci

We were hoping to plan some hibiscus this year to attract more of them, but with everything going on, that just hasn't happened. Depending on local orders, we may look into it this weekend as the garden centers are open air and checkout is really no different than the process at the grocery store or Costco. That's interesting that they are so territorial! We haven't had much success with feeders, so it's usually been having the right flowering plants on hand for us to attract them. I just felt bad for the little guy. What's funny...I had just made a sugar glaze the night before (simple water and sugar mix), and I had what was left over just sitting on the counter. I guess it's a good thing I procrastinated cleaning.

I hope you can attract them, because they are pure joy to watch.

Sans Souci

OK, maybe once every three months was not exactly accurate. Smash burgers on the griddle a little while back.

View attachment 458260View attachment 458261View attachment 458263

I'm not a big meat eater, but those look really good. I'd like an outdoor, flat top grill like that. We had plans to buy an outdoor sectional set before all this nonsense started and I think it would be cool to cook up dinner on one of those, then serve it right there. And chill out on the sectional. :)

Sans Souci

Hello-

Today was a yin yoga class. Not gonna lie, it was an hour of boredom. It's basically sitting on the floor, doing a bunch of stretches. But it's not relaxing at all, no. You're supposed to stretch until you're almost at the point of discomfort and then hold that stretch for 3-5 minutes. Some of these stretches are really deep and you eventually can go deeper without discomfort. I am always tempted to skip this class when it comes up in my schedule, but it's supposed to really good for flexibility. It's just not as invigorating as a power yoga class and it feels like forever. I do feel like having a daily yoga practice makes me feel less anxious right now.

Today's weather was so much better--sunny and upper 50s. I love walking around and seeing the blossoms on trees opening up. All of my daffodils are in bloom and most of my hyacinths are open, too. My husband is making sure he sprays deer repellant on them, because they are usually are eaten up by now.

NJ is now behind NY for COVID-19 cases, wayyyyyy behind, but still. Most of the cases are up north, close to NYC, but I know it's a matter of time before it really blows up down here. I'm just trying to stay chill and live in the present, but also cognizant of what needs to happen if someone in this house gets ill. I feel like we are prepared for that and really, that's all that can be done right now.

HouCuseChickie

Hello-

Today was a yin yoga class. Not gonna lie, it was an hour of boredom. It's basically sitting on the floor, doing a bunch of stretches. But it's not relaxing at all, no. You're supposed to stretch until you're almost at the point of discomfort and then hold that stretch for 3-5 minutes. Some of these stretches are really deep and you eventually can go deeper without discomfort. I am always tempted to skip this class when it comes up in my schedule, but it's supposed to really good for flexibility. It's just not as invigorating as a power yoga class and it feels like forever. I do feel like having a daily yoga practice makes me feel less anxious right now.

Today's weather was so much better--sunny and upper 50s. I love walking around and seeing the blossoms on trees opening up. All of my daffodils are in bloom and most of my hyacinths are open, too. My husband is making sure he sprays deer repellant on them, because they are usually are eaten up by now.

NJ is now behind NY for COVID-19 cases, wayyyyyy behind, but still. Most of the cases are up north, close to NYC, but I know it's a matter of time before it really blows up down here. I'm just trying to stay chill and live in the present, but also cognizant of what needs to happen if someone in this house gets ill. I feel like we are prepared for that and really, that's all that can be done right now.

I'm not usually in to yoga, but one of my friends has been doing Facebook live yoga sessions from home since she can't currently teach in her gym. It's still not my favorite kind of physical activity, but I think the focus on breathing required for it is really therapeutic and probably good for a lot of us right now.

We're so warm here right now that I see upper 50s and can't help but think ❄ 🥶. Still, it's so nice to see things bloom and come alive when you live in a place with real winter.

Yeah, the surge of cases in the northeast in general...especially the NY metro tri-state area...is very scary. I know there are cases growing everywhere, but I just pray we can all handle it. As a person that grew up in NJ, I found myself getting pretty emotional last night when they were showing the PNC Bank Arts Center as a testing site. My grandparents (and my mom, when growing up) didn't live too far from there. It just hit home. Hopefully, we can all stay safe and healthy and get past this sooner rather than later.

HouCuseChickie

Well, Houston and Harris county issued a "stay home-work safe" order today. It looks a lot like other areas' shelter in place orders, but they didn't want to call it that. The orders resemble a lot of what we've already been practicing over the last week+. Our numbers are definitely lower than the northeast and cities on the west coast. That's not to say it couldn't or won't get bad, but my friend and I have some theories. We'll see, but I just want things to be better soon and for everyone to stay safe and healthy. The only thing that's a gray area for me is driving just to drive. Even before all of this started, I've been one of those people who likes to go out for a ride. I don't go anywhere or do anything...just drive, listen to music, etc. It's like a therapeutic walk behind the wheel. We've done several of these over the last week where we just go out for 30-60 minutes, listen to Disney music or one of my other playlists, and that's really it. Our order doesn't go into effect until midnight, so we will be going for a bit tonight no matter what. We'd talked about a drive in movie about 45 minutes away before all of this was announced since it's low risk, but will probably just skip it.

I have been trying to keep up with workouts, even if it's the basics, just because it does help. The bike is the bike- 15.42 miles today, but today I also added in some barre and Russian twists for my legs and core as well as things like squats, knee raises, and calf raises during some upper body work.

Our teacher parade also rolled through here about an hour ago. It was hard not to get choked up when you could hear the chorus of horns approaching our street. Initially, it was just going to be the elementary school passing by, but the middle school teachers (did theirs in a different area while I was still working) decided to tag on at the end. So, we had teachers from both kids' schools. It was so awesome to see so many familiar faces and see so many of them recognize the kids. It was sunny and mid to upper 80s today, so also a beautiful day for a parade.

Songbird76

Yeah, that sounds like a lockdown. We can't even have weddings in NJ. This is such an ugly situation where the answer is not in black and white. I am hoping everyday we shelter in place takes a bit of a load off of the hospitals and helps people who have preexisting conditions stay well. My state is behind NY for cases and I feel like we're just waiting for the boom to drop here.

All of my husband's family live in the UK and my MIL and her partner have to stay in for 12 weeks, so my SIL has been doing all of my MIL's shopping. What if someone doesn't have family nearby? My SIL lives 2 miles away from my MIL.
This is what I don't understand. The grocery stores here disabled the ability to order groceries online and have them delivered. They can't keep up with the demand. But for people in quarantine how do they get groceries? They either have to starve, or they have to go to the grocery store where they could infect dozens of other people. How is that going to help?

The grocery store is now requiring the use of carts so it's easier to judge the distance between people. But, in order for that to help, you have to disinfect the carts in between uses...all it takes is one person who was sick to use a cart and they possibly spread it to everyone else who used that cart. But not all stores are doing that. I have disinfectant wipes in my purse, so I wiped down my cart before I used it, but not everyone has wipes with them. Some stores are limiting the number of people they let in at a time. Some have wipes next to the debit card reader, some have shields up at the cash register, and taped spaces on the floor. The workers were also all wearing bright orange vests that say "Please keep 1.5 meters distance'', but one of them told me it doesn't help. Some people walk right up to you, and there's not much you can do to stop it.

My friend in Florida said her husband is still delivering pizzas and there is a whole faction of people there who believed it when it was said it was a hoax and they are purposely standing too close to others, or coughing/sneezing without covering their mouths because they think all the rules are ridiculous and that's their way of showing support to prove it's not a real thing. One of them told her husband when he delivered their pizza all about how proud she was to be flouting the rules and how patriotic it was to ignore the precautions, etc. It makes me so sad that people are so unempathetic and ignorant that they would purposely put people at risk because they don't want to believe it's true. Even if you don't believe it, there are still OTHER illnesses that can spread, and people whose immune systems can't handle every day germs well. It's still ALWAYS a good idea to practice good hygiene and cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. Being careless because you don't believe in one particular illness is just so irresponsible!

Sans Souci

Well, Houston and Harris county issued a "stay home-work safe" order today. It looks a lot like other areas' shelter in place orders, but they didn't want to call it that. The orders resemble a lot of what we've already been practicing over the last week+. Our numbers are definitely lower than the northeast and cities on the west coast. That's not to say it couldn't or won't get bad, but my friend and I have some theories. We'll see, but I just want things to be better soon and for everyone to stay safe and healthy. The only thing that's a gray area for me is driving just to drive. Even before all of this started, I've been one of those people who likes to go out for a ride. I don't go anywhere or do anything...just drive, listen to music, etc. It's like a therapeutic walk behind the wheel. We've done several of these over the last week where we just go out for 30-60 minutes, listen to Disney music or one of my other playlists, and that's really it. Our order doesn't go into effect until midnight, so we will be going for a bit tonight no matter what. We'd talked about a drive in movie about 45 minutes away before all of this was announced since it's low risk, but will probably just skip it.

I have been trying to keep up with workouts, even if it's the basics, just because it does help. The bike is the bike- 15.42 miles today, but today I also added in some barre and Russian twists for my legs and core as well as things like squats, knee raises, and calf raises during some upper body work.

Our teacher parade also rolled through here about an hour ago. It was hard not to get choked up when you could hear the chorus of horns approaching our street. Initially, it was just going to be the elementary school passing by, but the middle school teachers (did theirs in a different area while I was still working) decided to tag on at the end. So, we had teachers from both kids' schools. It was so awesome to see so many familiar faces and see so many of them recognize the kids. It was sunny and mid to upper 80s today, so also a beautiful day for a parade.

Thats a nice little gesture from the teachers. I'll bet the kids liked seeing their teachers during this time. I was watching it and my husband heard all of the horns and asked me what I was watching. :hilarious:

That's good idea about joy rides. I am not one to drive around for no reason, but it helps in times like these to burn off stress and just have brief period about this weirdness going on around us. I might do that this weekend.

Sans Souci

This is what I don't understand. The grocery stores here disabled the ability to order groceries online and have them delivered. They can't keep up with the demand. But for people in quarantine how do they get groceries? They either have to starve, or they have to go to the grocery store where they could infect dozens of other people. How is that going to help?

The grocery store is now requiring the use of carts so it's easier to judge the distance between people. But, in order for that to help, you have to disinfect the carts in between uses...all it takes is one person who was sick to use a cart and they possibly spread it to everyone else who used that cart. But not all stores are doing that. I have disinfectant wipes in my purse, so I wiped down my cart before I used it, but not everyone has wipes with them. Some stores are limiting the number of people they let in at a time. Some have wipes next to the debit card reader, some have shields up at the cash register, and taped spaces on the floor. The workers were also all wearing bright orange vests that say "Please keep 1.5 meters distance'', but one of them told me it doesn't help. Some people walk right up to you, and there's not much you can do to stop it.

My friend in Florida said her husband is still delivering pizzas and there is a whole faction of people there who believed it when it was said it was a hoax and they are purposely standing too close to others, or coughing/sneezing without covering their mouths because they think all the rules are ridiculous and that's their way of showing support to prove it's not a real thing. One of them told her husband when he delivered their pizza all about how proud she was to be flouting the rules and how patriotic it was to ignore the precautions, etc. It makes me so sad that people are so unempathetic and ignorant that they would purposely put people at risk because they don't want to believe it's true. Even if you don't believe it, there are still OTHER illnesses that can spread, and people whose immune systems can't handle every day germs well. It's still ALWAYS a good idea to practice good hygiene and cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. Being careless because you don't believe in one particular illness is just so irresponsible!

My husband went to Trader Joe's yesterday and he had to wait in line outside to get in. Only 50 people in a store at a time are allowed. Trader Joe's had someone at the door offering hand sanitizer before entering and they've always had wipes for carts and baskets. He said once he got in, people were really conscientious about maintaining 6 ft apart from each other and the store was well-stocked.

That's crazy about your friend's husband. Data are showing that this is hitting people ages 20-54 much harder than it did in China and they don't know why. You only have to look at the coronavirus thread in News and Rumors to see some people think it's NBD. They say it won't be for most of us, I hope. But you don't know who has a spouse undergoing chemo right now or who has a child with asthma--are we supposed to throw up our hands and say, "Oh, well. That's life."? One poster in that thread went to the supermarket and said she was upset because people were not following the 6 ft guidelines. Someone else told her people don't have to because it was only a "recommendation" and she should stay home if she can't deal with it. Seriously? I contend these "deal with it" people are the same people who will show up at an overworked ER when their child starts showing a fever, demanding to be seen straight away. I'm just shocked at the disregard some people hold for others who are not related to them.

Songbird76

My husband went to Trader Joe's yesterday and he had to wait in line outside to get in. Only 50 people in a store at a time are allowed. Trader Joe's had someone at the door offering hand sanitizer before entering and they've always had wipes for carts and baskets. He said once he got in, people were really conscientious about maintaining 6 ft apart from each other and the store was well-stocked.

That's crazy about your friend's husband. Data are showing that this is hitting people ages 20-54 much harder than it did in China and they don't know why. You only have to look at the coronavirus thread in News and Rumors to see some people think it's NBD. They say it won't be for most of us, I hope. But you don't know who has a spouse undergoing chemo right now or who has a child with asthma--are we supposed to throw up our hands and say, "Oh, well. That's life."? One poster in that thread went to the supermarket and said she was upset because people were not following the 6 ft guidelines. Someone else told her people don't have to because it was only a "recommendation" and she should stay home if she can't deal with it. Seriously? I contend these "deal with it" people are the same people who will show up at an overworked ER when their child starts showing a fever, demanding to be seen straight away. I'm just shocked at the disregard some people hold for others who are not related to them.
I think it's a serious lack of empathy. No, it might not be a big deal for most of them...they might only get mild symptoms if they get it. But the distance and such is not for YOU it's for OTHERS you might infect, because even if it isn't bad for YOU, like you said, you don't know who has a spouse undergoing chemo, or a kid with athsma. We're not visiting my inlaws at ALL right now because my BIL with a transplanted kidney lives half a block away and goes there to eat a lot. He just spent over a month in the hospital with pneumonia in January and february. If he gets a fever, he has to go to the hospital. We have to protect his health...it's not OUR health we are worried about, it's his. And it's not like people wear signs that say "I'm immunocompromised" or "I have COPD" or "My wife is undergoing chemo". You can't see by looking at someone if they are in a high risk group. It's the "not my problem" attitude that puts more people at risk because they are only thinking about their OWN health and that they aren't really bothered if they get it. They aren't thinking of who they might inadvertently kill because they weren't being cautious.

Sans Souci

Good morning-

Today was yoga, of course. :) On my schedule was 36 sun solutions. I am doing a 108 day program and the 36 sun sals are meant to mark completing the first third of the program. It took 15 minutes and my arms were shaking when I was done. My shoulder and chest will probably be sore tomorrow. :cautious:

I know we were talking about not being able to find flour and I came across this article yesterday.

I think I am going to be a little more selective about using my flour until the supply is steady again. I have 2 lbs of instant yeast in my freezer, so I am good there. I bought that way before this virus existed, so I am not hoarding yeast, I promise. :hilarious:

I am not sure I'll get out for a walk today. It's another one of those raw and rainy days.👎

Songbird76

Good morning-

Today was yoga, of course. :) On my schedule was 36 sun solutions. I am doing a 108 day program and the 36 sun sals are meant to mark completing the first third of the program. It took 15 minutes and my arms were shaking when I was done. My shoulder and chest will probably be sore tomorrow. :cautious:

I know we were talking about not being able to find flour and I came across this article yesterday.

I think I am going to be a little more selective about using my flour until the supply is steady again. I have 2 lbs of instant yeast in my freezer, so I am good there. I bought that way before this virus existed, so I am not hoarding yeast, I promise. :hilarious:

I am not sure I'll get out for a walk today. It's another one of those raw and rainy days.👎
Well, I managed to get flour the other day. I've been going to the store as soon as it opens so I'm one of the first ones to get stuff. So 2 days ago they had flour...they are out again, but the bigger store still had some. But I didn't buy any today since I bought a couple of kilos 2 days ago. Today I got pasta....I'm betting that's gone now, too. But the thing that's weird about flour is there's plenty of bread, and most people here don't bake...a lot of people don't even have an oven. And the flour shortage started before corona got here, so I don't think it's because of that. Just coincided with the timing of other things being out. But I'm good for now if I don't go hogwild with it. We are planning to make Dutch pancakes (like crepes) one night so I can use the blueberries I bought to make a sauce. And my daughter wants to make easter cookies because we found some cute cookie cutters. Other than that, I'm conserving and I hope I can replenish the supply as I use it.

Sans Souci

Oh that's good that you were finally able to get flour. But it's still weird you guys have been short for a while now. I have some buttermilk in the fridge. I have been thinking of doing pancakes for dinner here, just to change it up. I'm usually not a breakfast for dinner person, but I've got some ingredients to use up before they go bad.

Songbird76

Oh that's good that you were finally able to get flour. But it's still weird you guys have been short for a while now. I have some buttermilk in the fridge. I have been thinking of doing pancakes for dinner here, just to change it up. I'm usually not a breakfast for dinner person, but I've got some ingredients to use up before they go bad.
We don't often do breakfast for dinner either, except my son. American pancakes are one of the few things he'll eat, so I make them sometimes when we're eating something he doesn't like. I have buttermilk in my fridge, too.

HouCuseChickie

Maybe I should have used the angry emoji instead, but that's how I feel with this. You are so right...there are many other things they could be sneezing or coughing on you beyond Covid-19. There have already been several cases of idiots trying to weaponize their coughs and sneezes and I believe one guy was already arrested. It was funny when my friend joked about being able to rob a bank with a booger these days, but sadly, there are jerks out there who don't take any of this seriously. A lawmaker suggested elevating it to terrorism charges and making it on par with people who thought it might be funny to joke about bombs in an airport. Not sure if these people were just thinking it's a hoax like the ones you've noted, but at some point, those people could also be subject to legal punishment if this keeps up. Like you said, you never know if the person in front of you has a compromised immune system.

HouCuseChickie

Well, I managed to get flour the other day. I've been going to the store as soon as it opens so I'm one of the first ones to get stuff. So 2 days ago they had flour...they are out again, but the bigger store still had some. But I didn't buy any today since I bought a couple of kilos 2 days ago. Today I got pasta....I'm betting that's gone now, too. But the thing that's weird about flour is there's plenty of bread, and most people here don't bake...a lot of people don't even have an oven. And the flour shortage started before corona got here, so I don't think it's because of that. Just coincided with the timing of other things being out. But I'm good for now if I don't go hogwild with it. We are planning to make Dutch pancakes (like crepes) one night so I can use the blueberries I bought to make a sauce. And my daughter wants to make easter cookies because we found some cute cookie cutters. Other than that, I'm conserving and I hope I can replenish the supply as I use it.

Yay!!! Glad you got flour! That is bizarre if people don't bake and there's lots of bread. We've got a local bread bakery that's doing pretty brisk business at the moment because bread and flour are hard to find. Funny, you're the second person I've seen today talking about making things in the crepe family! YUM!

HouCuseChickie

Thats a nice little gesture from the teachers. I'll bet the kids liked seeing their teachers during this time. I was watching it and my husband heard all of the horns and asked me what I was watching. :hilarious:

That's good idea about joy rides. I am not one to drive around for no reason, but it helps in times like these to burn off stress and just have brief period about this weirdness going on around us. I might do that this weekend.

It's a lot of honking! After I finished editing it, I could still hear honking. I thought it was just a residual effect from watching it with my headphones on, until I realized that the parade was just making a pass closer to our house and it was live honking. 🤣

I want to do it, but I'm also nervous. Police in some local counties (not ours) have warned that they will be issuing fines, but they've also said they're not going to be pulling over every person on the road since there are still plenty of businesses considered essential that we can go to during all of this, not to mention all of the outdoor spots still open. I think we are going to try keeping it up though because it's a nice break from being inside of the house and walking in our area. Getting gas would be the only touch point if I start running low, but I have been carrying little alcohol wipes, and could always use a glove if I'm worried. I might even drive up to one of the parks just north of us to try and get on to their hiking trails. They did say we could still go to parks if we don't sit on benches or touch things.

Songbird76

Maybe I should have used the angry emoji instead, but that's how I feel with this. You are so right...there are many other things they could be sneezing or coughing on you beyond Covid-19. There have already been several cases of idiots trying to weaponize their coughs and sneezes and I believe one guy was already arrested. It was funny when my friend joked about being able to rob a bank with a booger these days, but sadly, there are jerks out there who don't take any of this seriously. A lawmaker suggested elevating it to terrorism charges and making it on par with people who thought it might be funny to joke about bombs in an airport. Not sure if these people were just thinking it's a hoax like the ones you've noted, but at some point, those people could also be subject to legal punishment if this keeps up. Like you said, you never know if the person in front of you has a compromised immune system.
Yeah, and how is putting people in danger being patriotic or funny or whatever? Do you really think the right thing to do for your country is to put them at risk or possibly kill them? That makes no sense to me. It makes me sad, it makes me angry. When did we become so petty that we rejoice in the suffering of others and think that someone who thinks differently than we do should die? How is that supporting the country? Sorry...that might be too political for this thread. I just couldn't believe that when she said this woman had gone on and on about it to the guy delivering her pizza! Obviously not everyone is taking it seriously...or they are taking it seriously, but in the wrong way.

Songbird76

Yay!!! Glad you got flour! That is bizarre if people don't bake and there's lots of bread. We've got a local bread bakery that's doing pretty brisk business at the moment because bread and flour are hard to find. Funny, you're the second person I've seen today talking about making things in the crepe family! YUM!
I've got a ton of fresh fruit...strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and then a jar of cherries because there aren't fresh ones yet. Lots of antioxidants and delicious.

Sans Souci

Yeah, and how is putting people in danger being patriotic or funny or whatever? Do you really think the right thing to do for your country is to put them at risk or possibly kill them? That makes no sense to me. It makes me sad, it makes me angry. When did we become so petty that we rejoice in the suffering of others and think that someone who thinks differently than we do should die? How is that supporting the country? Sorry...that might be too political for this thread. I just couldn't believe that when she said this woman had gone on and on about it to the guy delivering her pizza! Obviously not everyone is taking it seriously...or they are taking it seriously, but in the wrong way.

There was a guy here who coughed on a woman working in a grocery store when she asked him to make sure he was 6 ft away from her. He coughed on her and he was charged with a terroristic threat. I'm not surprised, when I have been out people look at you like you're insane if you ask them to stay 6 ft away. We're supposed to assume everyone has it, including yourself. So it's not just about protecting yourself, it's about protecting others from you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom