Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

jinx8402

RotR was late. GE was on time in Orlando. MMRR should have opened just before GE.

I guess from the original timeline of "fall 2019" that is true, but I was thinking more of once they started to promote "late fall" for the land. It seemed like most assumed that the whole thing would open in December, but then surprisingly we had an Aug open date for the land minus ROTR. Obviously that would probably line up with the original timeline you are referencing.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
RotR was late. GE was on time in Orlando. MMRR should have opened just before GE.

So, then, what was with that "Late Fall" that Disney advertised?

1584716155212.png

Which then got switched to just "Fall." Which then opened "Late Summer" except for RotR which opened Very Late Fall.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
So, then, what was with that "Late Fall" that Disney advertised?

1584716155212-png.457499

Which then got switched to just "Fall." Which then opened "Late Summer" except for RotR which opened Very Late Fall.

Does the Walt Disney World logo bother anyone else? Is this how it's normally designed? It seems "off".

I have little to talk about - so a diatribe on the design flaws of the WDW's logo as it's presented above is worthy of some discussion this a.m. Perhaps I should start a new thread? The word "World" appears too close the the Y in Disney; a kerning kerfuffle. Space it away just a bit more and make the "World" text larger so as to proportionally line it up with the top of the iconic swirly tittle dotting the "I" in Disney. There! Crisis averted. Now back to my coffee. (and any would-be MMRR discussions during the corona downtime.)

How's everybody doing today?

Last edited:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Does the Walt Disney World logo bother anyone else? Is this how it's normally designed? It seems "off".

I have little to talk about - so a diatribe on the design flaws of the WDW's logo as it's presented above is worthy of some discussion this a.m. Perhaps I should start a new thread? The word "World" appears too close the the Y in Disney; a kerning kerfuffle. Space it away just a bit more and make the "World" text larger so as to proportionally line it up with the top of the iconic swirly tittle dotting the "I" in Disney. There! Crisis averted. Now back to my coffee. (and any would-be MMRR discussions during the corona downtime.)

I would just separate "World" a bit. To me, sizes look fine, since Walt Disney is the most important part of the logo.

Doing fine, thanks! Hope you are, too. :)

RSoxNo1

Rise of the Resistance was technically on time in Orlando although i suspect everything was supposed to be open a few months earlier than Rise's official opening date.

Of course we all know that Rise isn't ready today let alone back in December.

No Name

What is “Walt Disney World”? Hard to keep track of all these little specific ones. All I know is that when I go on vacation, I go to DisneyParks! After Michaelangelo painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, he came up with this beauty:

1584809456353.jpeg

In all seriousness, the WDW logo has been the same since 1996, except for some surrounding imagery in some applications, and perhaps it’s not perfect. WDW retro logo merch seems to sell better these days, which may be telling. I wouldn’t mind changes to the word “world” either.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Even though it's been open for just a couple of weeks, I can pretty confidently say Runaway Railway will not be considered "sacred" someday. However, I would agree the castles are iconic and sacred as icons of the park - especially when you look at what they are doing to Hong Kong - perfect example of change that is NOT better. Yikes.

I would also say Epcot's "ball" is iconic and sacred, but I'm open to a new, great attraction inside it (again, confidence is very low they can deliver on that idea).

But that list of truly sacred icons and attractions in the park to me is very small - from the 11 years Walt ran Disneyland and his plans for the future (which is all we have to go by) he wanted the park to be new, fresh, exciting, and tell the next story with his next great set of tools. The original ppl Tomorrowland barely lasted 10 years before he tore it down and started over.

As I've said in other threads, I think Walt would be horrified if he came back and found out the Carousel of Progress that he debuted in 1964 as a symbol of modern technology and storytelling was still being run in 2020 - it's exactly the opposite of what the show stands for - progress. (And this is from someone who LOVED it from the day it debuted at Disneyland)

To quote Pippin, "Everything has its season, everything has its time...."

While I agree that Walt probably wouldn’t be too happy with attractions like COP or Tiki Room being around, I don’t think he’d feel that way about everything. The changes Walt made in his first 10 years were objective improvements for the most part. As I’m sure you know, he didn’t have the money to really finish TL properly the first time around. At a certain point, attractions being built like HM, POTC and TL 67 reached a level of quality, size and cost that you don’t just rip out after a decade. So Walt never got to really see that Disneyland. I don’t think he even understood how iconic some of these attractions would become.

Then you have cases like with the Tiki Room where I don’t even know how they can put something objectively better in that small space. It would just end up being some restaurant featuring Rositas cousin where they charge twice the price of the same food at Bengal BBQ.

I absolutely think IASW is sacred even though I try to avoid it like the plague because of how many times I’ve been on it with my son in the last couple years. If they replaced it would end up being some boring Frozen trackless ride with no heart. It could definitely use some love though.

I think the whole west side of the park is sacred with the exception of Pooh. In fact, the only things I think are NOT sacred aside from Pooh are the Fantasyland theatre, (most of) Tomorrowland and Toontown even though it’s growing on me and it’s probably better than what would replace it. Not to mention MMRR will make it more of a destination.

Anyway, these days when it comes to DL and DCA, it’s hard to find examples where they just objectively made things better like TL 67 and Fantasyland 83. Grizzly Peak Airfield is one.

Last edited:

Wildstar

Or Chuckie cheese and Disney merged. we love to please we do things half baked !! There a Italian chef in Chuckie cheese and I would love to see the hi jinks Italian chef vs swedish muppet chef. park food is somewhat iffy.

PB Watermelon

While I agree that Walt probably wouldn’t be too happy with attractions like COP or Tiki Room being around, I don’t think he’d feel that way about everything. The changes Walt made in his first 10 years were objective improvements for the most part. As I’m sure you know, he didn’t have the money to really finish TL properly the first time around. At a certain point, attractions being built like HM, POTC and TL 67 reached a level of quality, size and cost that you don’t just rip out after a decade. So Walt never got to really see that Disneyland. I don’t think he even understood how iconic some of these attractions would become.

Then you have cases like with the Tiki Room where I don’t even know how they can put something objectively better in that small space. It would just end up being some restaurant featuring Rositas cousin where they charge twice the price of the same food at Bengal BBQ.

I absolutely think IASW is sacred even though I try to avoid it like the plague because of how many times I’ve been on it with my son in the last couple years. If they replaced it would end up being some boring Frozen trackless ride with no heart. It could definitely use some love though.

I think the whole west side of the park is sacred with the exception of Pooh. In fact, the only things I think are NOT sacred aside from Pooh are the Fantasyland theatre, (most of) Tomorrowland and Toontown even though it’s growing on me and it’s probably better than what would replace it. Not to mention MMRR will make it more of a destination.

Anyway, these days when it comes to DL and DCA, it’s hard to find examples where they just objectively made things better like TL 67 and Fantasyland 83. Grizzly Peak Airfield is one.

They could raze Toontown, and I wouldn't cry. It's time to re-imagine a toon land for the 21st Century.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom