Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

21stamps

I just drove to Starbucks and passed a park with several runners wearing T-shirts or tank tops and shorts. I am still in a sweater pants and boots lol. This is the most people I have seen out in the last three days now, I think it’s because it finally stopped raining and the sun is out. Maybe this will be a push for people to spend more time outside and get healthier.

ELG13

Yes to your last statement. The doctors in his case seem to believe that the pneumonia may have developed before the Covid-19, especially because the seasonal flu is a common factor this time of year. Or it could have been a bacterial pneumonia.

Pneumonia, like Cancer or Heart Disease, is a common umbrella term that is used for an illness that has multiple causes.
Ahhh got it. I would imagine the covid-19 is just an aggravating factor at that point.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think, Universal and then Disney will come up with some security gate that can measure your temperature, etc.
They could use this:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I just drove to Starbucks and passed a park with several runners wearing T-shirts or tank tops and shorts. I am still in a sweater pants and boots lol. This is the most people I have seen out in the last three days now, I think it’s because it finally stopped raining and the sun is out. Maybe this will be a push for people to spend more time outside and get healthier.
Hopefully they don’t all have fevers ;)

I have been walking the dog in shorts and a t-shirt. It’s been pretty warm here too. At least we can get outside still. No restrictions or curfews here yet.

flynnibus

Premium Member
If you have summer vacation plans, you can comfortably keep them.

Think about what happens when companies say "next quarter earnings will be flat or 5% down"... what that does to their stock, and what it does to the company's behavior. Which then trickles down to the employees.. and all the other businesses that interact with that company.

Now think about what happens when companies deal with literally zero business for 1-2 months.

Normally our GDP is tracked by tenths of a percent movement... we're going to see GDP drop by 10x that if not more.

That alone is going to decimate company outlooks and behaviors for the near future.

Forget about the bigger topics of individual households and how they cope with recovery... even the wider market is going to struggle to get out of hibernation and constriction.

flynnibus

Premium Member
With the number of companies developing the test, it is only a matter of time until they become as simple as a home pregnancy test, when that happens it would be easy to do the tests for every guest. Think about how cheap a home pregnancy test has become a couple of dollars. They will end up mass produced and very cheap.

Ever heard the expression "nine women can't make a baby in one month"

sndral

Walmart Rope Drop Log:
Sun 3/15: 50 Packages of Toilet Paper (Picked up two small packages)
Mon 3/16: None (Picked up can of Beef Stew)
Tue 3/17: None (Picked up Corned Beef)
Wed 3/18: 2 Packages of Toilet Paper (College kids picked up the 2 packages)
Thur 3/19: Walmart changed hours.
Fri 3/20: None (Picked up Lasagna)

All the WDW Disney rope drop training has prepared us well for the apocalyptic Corona pandemic.
Why would anyone go to Walmart 6 days in a row to pick up one item each day? Do you work there?
Going forward unless you are over age 60 you’ll have to skip ‘Walmart rope drop’ on Tuesdays.

MrPromey

A blame can be directed to the politicians of Clearwater FL that have decided to close the public beaches at 6am on March 23rd.

I thought this at first, too but to be fair, there is a little bit more to the story:

• They were concerned because without all beach cities along that coast acting in unison, all they would be doing is pushing these folks further down the beach and condensing them.

• Given the crowds they were dealing with, they were not sure how they were going to actually be able to successfully enforce this, initially.

• There was concern that pushing these people back into hotels to drink and hang out in close quarters could cause more problems than it solves.

I'm sure there was a financial component not being publicly mentioned but I was initially wondering why they weren't acting sooner, too.

Some of the info that's been disclosed on the decision making process makes it a little more clear.

DisneyDebRob

Ign
I am so sick of fear-mongering with clickbaity headlines based upon bad data. “COVID-19 cases spike 40% in one day!” That’s obviously due to heightened testing. Statisticians (the same who give us flu approximations despite very few actual confirmations of illness) suggest somewhere around 10 million Americans currently have COVID-19, not 13000, which is just silly. This certainly better explains rate of spread. It also lowers mortality rate among all groups. Avoid crowded places and we will weather this storm soon enough. The next 8 weeks are key. And ignore CNN.

If you have summer vacation plans, you can comfortably keep them.
Ignore FOX also. They all have agendas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom