The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I loved that game! I mean not as great as Mario Kart but great in its own right. I liked how they kind of made it an adventure meets racing game and that you could race planes and boats in addition to cars. For some reason the level with the icy loop seems to resonate the most.

Yeah it was real unique in that sense. I can't remember; did they originate the whole "Battle" aspect? The ability to change vehicle types was fun!

mickEblu

Original Poster
The Genesis mini will play those games built in.

With that said, I was kind of disappointed with the SNES mini. Aside from the grainy image quality, they just didn’t include a lot of games that I used to play. I think there was like 3. The Genesis mini has more games I played.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Right now the only Disney game in that style on Switch is a two-pack of Aladdin and Lion King. But there are a ton of good family-oriented adventures available. I highly recommend the remastered Crash Bandicoot trilogy!

Nice! I enjoyed Aladdin on SNES but I think I liked the Jungle Book more.

Phroobar

With that said, I was kind of disappointed with the SNES mini. Aside from the grainy image quality, they just didn’t include a lot of games that I used to play. I think there was like 3. The Genesis mini has more games I played.
The Genesis mini is the better machine overall. The picture quality is fantastic.

Mac Tonight

@mickEblu you interested?

ETfMAXHXsAAMJMn

Mac Tonight

Oh hell ya! But why are they doing another Mad Tea Part pop when there are so many other Fantasyland attractions that don’t have ken yet. Love the design though. And the fact they keep using the DL tea cups.
Yeah, no idea. I'd love a Mr. Toad's with the various characters.
Or even a Peter Pan's Flight ship!

Phroobar

I got ones of these a few months ago. This is a Collectorvision Phoenix. It's a Colecovision clone that can run other systems like the Atari 2600 and Coleco Adam computer. It has a SNES controller port on the side and SD card for reading roms. It even has a keyboard port. Pixel perfect HDMI output.

Phoenix-Both-CV-and-ADAM.png

mickEblu

Original Poster
You know what they say... Once you POP!, the fun-ko don't stop.

Or to put it in layman's terms... they get you hooked. :)

Around 2 years ago I innocently bought my first funko pop at DTD- the abominable snowman POP. 2 years later I have pretty much every single Disney Parks POP made. 42 to be exact. I even bought the original hitchhiking ghosts on eBay.
Are you going to Wonder Con? They ll probably bring that to the parks eventually no? Like they did with the Dapper Dans.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Yeah, no idea. I'd love a Mr. Toad's with the various characters.
Or even a Peter Pan's Flight ship!

Definitely. Or how about the Mad Hatter riding a teal or Brown mustard color Caterpillar? Dopey, Grumpy or the Wicked Witch riding Snow Whites vehicle. Possibilities are endless with Fantasyland.

I know Spiderman Web Slinger’s is getting a POP too.

Last edited:

Mac Tonight

Around 2 years ago I innocently bought my first funko pop at DTD- the abominable snowman POP. 2 years later I have pretty much every single Disney Parks POP made. 42 to be exact. I even bought the original hitchhiking ghosts on eBay.
Are you going to Wonder Con? They ll probably bring that to the parks eventually no? Like they did with the Dapper Dans.
I won't be attending the Con, but I definitely expect these will pop up at Disneyana in the future.
I won't ask how much you ended up paying for the original Hitchhiking Ghosts, but I am insanely jealous. One day...

mickEblu

Original Poster
I won't be attending the Con, but I definitely expect these will pop up at Disneyana in the future.
I won't ask how much you ended up paying for the original Hitchhiking Ghosts, but I am insanely jealous. One day...

Lol. $750 all great condition, brand new, never taken out of box in protective cases but I sold $900worth of stuff that was sitting in my closet to not feel guilty.

Mac Tonight

Lol. $750 all great condition, brand new, never taken out of box in protective cases but I sold $900worth of stuff that was sitting in my closet to not feel guilty.
Oh OK wow. The most I've spent on Pops is $85 for the Lucky Charms Leprechaun, and that felt excessive.
And yet... I still absolutely HATE not having those in my Disneyland collection...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom