Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobWDW1971

This is a legitimate debate with hypotheticals that have never truly been tested in the modern era. I think the right choice is err on the side of economic crash. Economies can be rebuilt. Forcing us into a position where we have to decide who lives and who dies on a daily basis isn’t sustainable or ethical.

But society does it every day - we decide if we are going to keep every patient alive as long as possible, when do you pull the plug on the elderly vs. millions of dollars of care for another day or two, that cars aren't built like tanks to be safe because that's too expensive, etc, etc. We could make all speed limits 25 miles an hour on the freeway and save thousands of lives, but that's not convenient. It is all a balance of weighing acceptable deaths. It's not a pretty thought, but it is just the facts.

techgeek

But society does it every day - we decide if we are going to keep every patient alive as long as possible, when do you pull the plug on the elderly vs. millions of dollars of care for another day or two, that cars are built like tanks to be safe because that's too expensive, etc, etc. We could make all speed limits 25 miles an hour on the freeway and save thousands of lives, but that's not convenient. It is all a balance of weighing acceptable deaths. It's not a pretty thought, but it is just the facts.

I must admit, I question very seriously how much collateral human cost there will be from the economic collapse part... it seems this is truly a situation where there are no easy answers. With different countries now employing differing strategies, perhaps we can quickly figure out which path is obvious.

I’m just glad I’m not the one making these hard decisions.

tallica

Sick of stupid news. Yesterday they announced that a TSA worker at Orlando airport tested positive for corona virus. Today in the headlines.... TSA worker that tested positive at Orlando airport may have gotten infected at work.......duh captain obvious 🤪😜

Lilofan

Sick of stupid news. Yesterday they announced that a TSA worker at Orlando airport tested positive for corona virus. Today in the headlines.... TSA worker that tested positive at Orlando airport may have gotten infected at work.......duh captain obvious 🤪😜
Another TSA worker at Ft Lauderdale airport also.

LittleBuford

I have to admit that as a CP I am devastated. I truly loved working here. I’m packing right now and I can’t stop crying. I hope I get to come back someday.

Hang in there—there’ll be future opportunities. I’m glad you enjoyed your experience, and I’d like to thank you, together with any other CMs reading this, for making things so magical for us guests. I hope you’re back in our beloved World before too long.

polynesiangirl

...there was something so unsettling about the Monorail Guy Voice telling me where to go to get more information about "COVID-19, also known as coronavirus" while on hold with DVC the other day. Like of all the things I've expected him to butt into the barrage of Fuzzy-Audio Disney's Greatest Hits that I'm made to listen to while on hold over the years with, I can't say this was high on my list. :confused: 😬

Last edited:

rnese

Probably could have helped to stem the social media hysteria. A good lesson to everyone, especially our young adults. Don’t believe everything you read on social media. Verify it yourself. People love to spread bad news, so often times the worst case scenario is what gets spread.
[/QUOTE]
I was driving home from work Friday, listening to sports talk radio. The host shared breaking news that a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers was donating $100,000 of his salary to help the arena workers as they would be out of work for the next few week. As soon as the host finished reading he immediately began trashing the owner for not doing it. I yelled at the radio (because that's what I do) to relax! The guy is probably either currently in meetings, discussing what they're going to do about a bunch of things. Either that, or he's sitting on the toilet and hasn't had a chance to announce anything yet!

We live in a time where everyone (most people at least) want answers to everything NOW. Correction...10 minutes ago! Not only that, it had better be the answer that THEY want to hear. Let me keep going. Once they hear all the answers, they start asking additional questions in their heads, then jump on social media to trash the person for not answering the question they thought of afterwards!

In general, people just need to relax. Take precautions, but relax. Help out. Do your part, but relax.

JoeCamel

Oh I miss Florida.

Small Business
&
Details
&
Childcare recognition

That’s one governor who appears not to be governed by hysteria.

He has surprised me. I was against his election but he is doing the job without politics. Right moves, listening to experts and being transparent. Has since he took office. He has no idea how to stand on a stage behind anyone else but he can speak without stumbling. Throws the bone to feds at every speech but he has to do that right? Looking for fed money at all times for FL.

BTW I would have preferred Gillum who was involved in a Miami meth overdose (not his) last week or this I forget, but he was drunk according to his statement. Shows what my judgement is worth.

Last edited:

Patcheslee

Does any have a quick link to see exactly how many people have been tested in each state, broken down to the counties.. with published results?

I didn’t see anything that specific and wide ranging.
Indiana Department of health has their own site. As of March 14th 19 confirmed cases, 121 tests performed. I just assumed every state had a similar site.

RobWDW1971

Indiana Department of health has their own site. As of March 14th 19 confirmed cases, 121 tests performed. I just assumed every state had a similar site.
Here's a handy site with per state info (not testing info):

Currently in California, there are 354 active cases (population 40 million). BTW, 186 people just in the city of Los Angeles were killed by gunshot wounds in the past 12 months. At least people are starting to learn other numbers during this process.

Last edited:

MissViv

I know I will get some flack on this, but I just have to say it ….

Nashville, TN Mayor and the Dept. of Health just released a press conference (that interrupted the national news) that all bars in Nashville (Davidson Co.) that did not get 50% of their revenue from food would be closed immediately. Restaurants will only be able to have 50% capacity at any time. They want people to stay 6 ft. away from other people. Suggesting that restaurants remove half of their tables.

They are urging people to "hunker down" and stay home. I would not want to be traveling at this time. This is happening as I speak in all of the major cities and some will close their restaurants completely.

Just be cautious and safe! It's getting to be a crazy world out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom