Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSLS

As you say, they may help people, why choose to jump to the negative?

I'm jumping on what was told to the kids. Their managers could not tell them anything other than you have to be out. Others are posting they are not getting any answers to staying longer. I'm not painting this in any way, this is what they did. They may go back and attempt to fix it, but it doesnt change what initially happened.

thecouch

Lot of people here saying there not worried about the virus but are you worried about the financial downturn. This will be worse then gfc or 9/11. It will take a long time to return to normal and small businesses and travel job will be at a huge risk

flynnibus

Premium Member
wait it gets "better"

Yeah but I don't read anything into that. People are going to get the virus... and those that do should stay away once they know. That incident in itself shouldn't mean that service needs to stop, etc.

Plenty of public servants will ultimately get infected... just like they run the risk of gettin HIV, Hep C, etc for those who risk bodily fluid or blood exposure, etc. That's why they have procedures and policies to manage the risks.

If TSA dude goes down... send 'em home.. track the exposures... and continue on. No one should assume anyone or any place is 100% clean. That's why the best action is still reasonable behavior to reduce your risk of picking it up. That action will always reduce risks even when elimination is not possible.

21stamps

Lot of people here saying there not worried about the virus but are you worried about the financial downturn. This will be worse then gfc or 9/11. It will take a long time to return to normal and small businesses and travel job will be at a huge risk

I don’t think it will be worse than the aftermath of 9/11... but I am little worried about the economy. Most of all I’m worried about kids- k-12. I want schools to open as soon as possible and worry that the shutdown was premature.

hopemax

Okay, so I guess we can't link to another site?

Anyway, a CP parent on another forum said her son was told that they would be paid through the end of the month, rent not deducted and teams would be available in each complex to assist with travel arrangements.

LSLS

I don’t think it will be worse than the aftermath of 9/11... but I am little worried about the economy. Most of all I’m worried about kids- k-12. I want schools to open as soon as possible and worry that the shutdown was premature.

It was not. There are ample studies showing how doing this first viruses help those that are vulnerable. The school shutdowns are not to protect the kids.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
elimination is not possible.

Not anymore it isn't. Gilead (GILD) has remdesivir. Though there are a lot of questions surrounding it. Regeneron (REGN) had EB3 for Ebola (not great - but it was ok). We're at therapeuticals now - until somebody comes out with a vaccine. Haaretz reporting the Israelis have it. But it needs to be tested.

disneygeek90

Okay, so I guess we can't link to another site?

Anyway, a CP parent on another forum said her son was told that they would be paid through the end of the month, rent not deducted and teams would be available in each complex to assist with travel arrangements.
That can’t possibly be right. We’re all supposed to trust the knee jerk, frantic, college student tweets.

21stamps

It was not. There are ample studies showing how doing this first viruses help those that are vulnerable. The school shutdowns are not to protect the kids.

I didn’t say the shutdown was for the kids. I said I am worried about the kids.. as in their education and sports being cancelled.
If virus testing amps up next week, more people diagnosed, and all of these cancellations are extended., then it’s going to create a huge problem for the students and their parents- especially with the K-6th age group.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Not anymore it isn't. Gilead (GILD) has remdesivir. Though there are a lot of questions surrounding it. Regeneron (REGN) had EB3 for Ebola (not great - but it was ok). We're at therapeuticals now - until somebody comes out with a vaccine. Haaretz reporting the Israelis have it. But it needs to be tested.

I meant it in the sense that you should not blindly assume a space is always going to be virus free or that only virus free people are there. It's not practical in the freedom of movement we have. So we shouldn't be raising alarms if it or a person shows up somewhere we didn't see it before. We should not focus on 'its here!' but instead focus on 'reducing the risk of spread' all the time... because it will get 'here'. The goal is to minimize it's distribution when it does appear.

Figments Friend

So that friend I know who just started on the College Program a few weeks ago....
Turns out she is pretty much out of a job now at WDW.

As has probably already been reported elsewhere at this point, she along with every other CM on the program ( including international ) are being sent home.
College Program has been cancelled and everyone is being sent packing.
They will however be paid for the two weeks Disney had promised, but this sucks for those who were excited to begin their employment stint at Disney.
Feel sorry for her....and the hundreds of other hopefuls.

The other friend who is a multiple year veteran in Entertainment seems okay right now.
Things might change, but at the moment he seems to still have a job.

-

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I meant it in the sense that you should not blindly assume a space is always going to be virus free or that only virus free people are there. It's not practical in the freedom of movement we have. So we shouldn't be raising alarms if it or a person shows up somewhere we didn't see it before. We should not focus on 'its here!' but instead focus on 'reducing the risk of spread' all the time... because it will get 'here'. The goal is to minimize it's distribution when it does appear.

I agree. But I think that this is here now. It's not going away. Looking back at this in 20 years, it will be as common as the flu. We'll just have vaccines and therapeutics to treat it. It may be a bottle of extra strength NyQuil that'll put you out for 36 hours. But eventually..........

ImperfectPixie

I agree. But I think that this is here now. It's not going away. Looking back at this in 20 years, it will be as common as the flu. We'll just have vaccines and therapeutics to treat it. It may be a bottle of extra strength NyQuil that'll put you out for 36 hours. But eventually..........
I agree. I don't think it's going anywhere, but we'll adapt and develop at the very least a vaccine.

esskay

It has the potential (thats the important part) to be worse. 9/11 predominantly affected the US. This isn't a US issue, its a global one.

21stamps

Odd humor

I think there are two different types of mentalities right now regarding this virus.

1. Panicking over the logistical nightmare that has been dumped on so many. While at the same time not overly worried about the virus itself, and taking the recommended precautions.

2. Those who are in just full-blown panic mode over the virus. End of the world is here.

Both are panicking, but on different levels, and for different reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom