Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

esskay

For some strange reason, on my phone the top bar is blacked out so I can’t directly post pictures. How do I fix that?

Anyways attached you will find a Reddit post from a supposed “insider”. Now I originally just dismissed him like everyone else but before this he made a post. Detailing that spring was cancelled,
Parks were closed etc and no one believed him. So we shall see...anyways I wanted to pass this on.

He says Fall is cancelled so take that what you will.
I'll take it as "this guy knows nothing".

NOBODY knows what the situation is going to be in a week, let alone months from now.

The fud being posted as fact here needs to stop.

Patcheslee

Quarantines are legal. Vaccines are required for school enrollment. You can't force an adult to get a new vaccine. You can't force an adult to take a medical test. HIV might have been containable if they had tested the whole population in 1983. It wouldn't have been legal.
Yes and no on vaccines or tests. Employers can require flu vaccines unless you have a medical reason. Heck I have to do a yearly physical to drive a fork lift. So there are ways a vast amount of people can be required to submit to testing.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Read Disney's statement pretty clear out in 2 days no mention of making accommodations available or help

I know people like to paint Disney as this heartless mega corporation, but I can't seem them going as far as kicking college students "out in into the cold" when it's completely in their power to do something about it.

disneygeek90

I hope they rerelease Onward when all this over. An incredible film that deserves to be seen by many more people than present circumstances allow.
I watched the clip in One Mans Dream a couple weeks ago and it looked great. The idea of sitting in a room for a few hours with strangers doesn’t seem great right now, but I can’t wait to check it out. Unfortunate release date as it was just a few days before everyone got freaked.

LittleBuford

I watched the clip in One Mans Dream a couple weeks ago and it looked great. The idea of sitting in a room for a few hours with strangers doesn’t seem great right now, but I can’t wait to check it out. Unfortunate release date as it released just a few days before everyone got freaked.

My local cinema was basically deserted last night, which is why I felt comfortable seeing it. (Needless to say, no-one should be exposing themselves to crowds of people at the moment.) I can’t praise it highly enough. Look out for it on Disney+ or when (as I hope it will be) it’s rereleased once all this behind us.

DisneyCane

Yes and no on vaccines or tests. Employers can require flu vaccines unless you have a medical reason. Heck I have to do a yearly physical to drive a fork lift. So there are ways a vast amount of people can be required to submit to testing.
True. Let me rephrase. No Government can force a citizen to undergo a medical test unless it is specifically related to some type of license and justifiable for said purpose. They can force an eye exam to get a drivers license. They can't force an eye exam if you don't want a drivers license.

A vast amount could be required but nowhere near everybody and the only way you could eliminate a future "patient zero" in the US would be to test everybody multiple times and test every person entering the country. Since it is common knowledge that many people enter through the southern border undetected that means it is 100% impossible to guarantee that nobody in the USA is carrying the virus to become the next "patient zero."

LSLS

So you know for a fact that Disney is making no accommodations for those who can't leave in 4 days?

According to the program kids I know, they have been told nothing about helping or accommodating. Hopefully it's either something they just communicated poorly, or the media will hammer them enough they are forced to help.

21stamps

I'd imagine it'll fast track to Disney+ given cinemas arent going to be an option for a while. Really hope they do, it was a great film.

AMC sent out an email today about how they’re only selling half tickets so not to fill the theater, and they’re constantly cleaning, and a few other things to make people feel like it’s “ok to go”.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
According to the program kids I know, they have been told nothing about helping or accommodating. Hopefully it's either something they just communicated poorly, or the media will hammer them enough they are forced to help.

But did they ask? They may not have said anything in the notice about it to put pressure on people to leave if they can.

Lilofan

I know people like to paint Disney as this heartless mega corporation, but I can't seem them going as far as kicking college students "out in into the cold" when it's completely in their power to do something about it.
Interesting tweets to say the least. Look up Disney College Program on Twitter.

JohnD

Anecdotal; Just noticed that Frozen II is available on Disney+. Coincidence with park closures? Don’t know. But it’s the only streaming service I’m subscribed to and have been surfing it with nothing else to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom