Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
That list of cases puts it into perspective. Looking at the ages at least 30% are in real danger. Here’s wishing all of them a speedy, total recovery.
The politically correct term is "primary composite endpoint."

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
My grandfather, from Ireland, had an unusual love for it as well. I will tell you it helped me sleep at night when sick. It was magic.

I'm sure our grandmothers slipped a drop or two in the bottle to help us sleep at night.

Lilofan

Someone with connections got tested for covid-19. Former all star B-Ball player Charles Barkley is in isolation after getting tested. He said after a trip to NYC, he said he was not feeling well. Test results are not in yet.

LAKid53

Premium Member
21.3 million (as of 2018).

#3 in the nation. Take that, Texas. Probably will surpass NY in the next few years, provided all the people in The Villages survive.

Hey, looks like you'll get a raise! Finally. Bummer about March Madness...

Incomudro

They are. And it's getting worse now that we have the internet and social media helping the spread of faulty information.

Yes, the hysteria builds now in ways like never before.
When the internet first came about, I had hopes that we would benefit from it as the population would become better informed.
Then I watched in near horror as Bigfoot, ghosts, aliens, Slenderman etc. gained a new life like never before.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Wesh reported a case in Seminole earlier today that I don’t see on there. May not be an exhaustive list unless some of the details were hazy earlier.

There are a few cases in my county not officially made public yet that aren't included.

LAKid53

Premium Member
What you're saying makes a lot of sense - but for some reason it isn't how the system is currently working. People are calling hotlines and they are being told to avoid their PCP. They are being filtered and, if necessary, told to go to an ED for testing.

A family member (physician) recently had a patient who was actually TURNED AWAY first at a local community hospital ED (illegal.)

It would make a lot more sense if this was treated like H1N1 and people went to their PCP for testing (the same swab for influenza can be used for this test.)

I think the concern is the inability of many doctors' offices having the space to isolate someone who comes in for testing. Which is why drive by testing is a great option. I read that states with a significant number of cases are starting that. It's worked well in South Korea.

ImperfectPixie

Yes, the hysteria builds now in ways like never before.
When the internet first came about, I had hopes that we would benefit from it as the population would become better informed.
Then I watched in near horror as Bigfoot, ghosts, aliens, Slenderman etc. gained a new life like never before.
And blogs disguised as genuine news, "health" websites promising to help you avoid whatever the most recent scare is...the list goes on and on and on, and yet we do nothing in the way of curbing misleading marketing.

Incomudro

And blogs disguised as genuine news, "health" websites promising to help you avoid whatever the most recent scare is...the list goes on and on and on, and yet we do nothing in the way of curbing misleading marketing.

It's terrible and it's been disheartening to watch.
I often think of Carl Sagan, I was and am a big fan of his.
He loved humanity and held out hope for a more enlightened species.
It's not happening unfortunately.
Charlatans simply find new ways to peddle their wares, and people find new ways to absorb that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom