Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figments Friend

The situation is causing a lot of stress for me, so honestly I just couldn't look at it.

I appreciate the honest reply, Bob.
Just be careful out there.....when you are walking around the Parks tomorrow overseeing things.
We need you to survive this upheaval and live out your glorious term as CEO.
:)

And tell Bob Sr. to wash his hands , and not just wash them of the Disney Company.

P.s. - you might want to sell off a percentage of your Disney stock soon.

-

Flugell

to avoid switchbacks and encourage distancing in lines... Challenging perhaps, but perhaps better than the alternative of a long duration complete shutdown.
Those are the known cases. Lets assume 70 million people in the US get Covid 19. 80% get better with no treatment and 20% need medical attention. That means 14 million need medical help. Now, it if the death rate is 7% of them. it would mean just under 1 million dead. That is horrible but it's only a fraction of 1% of out total population. This is horrible but even if the death rate of those needing medical attention were 20%, 2.8 million, it would still be less that 1% of our population, with most of them being elderly with medical problems. This is scary but we will go on and as FDR said, "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself." Today isvthe day American's and the rest of the world should listen to FDR and follow his advice.

Now, these numbers are high. I used them only to put the worst case scenario in light. I know I am going to get killed for putting these numbers up but we all need to be positive and plan for the worst but expect it will be much lower than this.
My statement stands.

Different country, different set of circumstances, different medical industry, different physical size (that's a big one), etc etc... And frankly I'd be surprised if it got that bad in Germany too.

No one has said 60-80% of Americans are going to be infected.
That's why I said "Actually, any topic...". But I figure that since folks keep playing the whataboutism card of death roulette, anything on social media can kill your faith in humanity.

Buzzd

Paying employees is great and to keep them, but the loss is bigger if there is not enough people in the park daily to but food and merch and the PR risk as you of course brought up. Cheaper to pay hourly what they would make the next two weeks.

True, but don't you think even just collecting tickets and the lower dining/merch revenues is better than shutting down entirely while still paying CMs? I bet they've done the calculations and between the PR gig and pressure from authorities the difference between the two totals was agreed to be lost for those reasons, not the slower park days due to a lack of international guests

Paper straw fan

Im here now (fought it a bit, but I’m here) it’s a little quiet but people here seem to be determined to have fun. Lot less personal interaction, and a bit quieter than usual but otherwise not too much different than normal. Wife just decided that we’re probably in for a long month or so, so might as well have a last gasp of fun. I’m rather wishy washy but I’m here.

we’re scheduled to be here until Sunday, but part of me wants to leave at least by Saturday to get a small jump on the exodus out of here- especially if somehow airports get shut down between now and then. Lot of uncertainty right now. And I bet it will still be a madhouse to get RotR tomorrow.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

This is an awful decision. We’re shooting ourselves in the foot over Something similar to the common cold. Absolutely ridiculous.
People are idiots beyond belief. I'm actually a UPS man and delivered a box to a house today that had a sign on it that said "no shoes in the house because the virus can live 3 days on your shoes..." I literally laughed on their porch and set their box down and thought "Ok...here's your box that has been touched allllll over the country...Enjoy..." LOL! Another woman was driving down the road with a surgical mask on. I read that you have 0.5% chance of dying if you get and told someone "why doesn't the media report that you have a 99.5% chance of LIVING if you get it?!" A pharmacist I delivered to today said she was highly agitated with how ridiculous the media has made this all seem. P.T. Barnum was not kidding when he said there's a sucker born every minute.

Flugell

In answer to the question why is Disney Springs staying open, I would guess, being from the U.K. it’s to enable people staying on site to get food while evacuation and flights are worked out. Most people eat in the parks during the day but that isn’t going to be possible and I would doubt that the hotels could cater for all the guests so the food outlets at Disney Springs would be the logical alternative. That would mean running Disney buses there though. Just a thought from over the pond. Hoping to travel June 7th but..........

note2001

Disney has no excuse to have any element of the parks in anything less than perfect condition when they open back up, not with all these paid cast members available as extra hands. (Yeti excluded as that dude seems to be on permanent paid leave)

Last edited:

JohnD

That's why I warned people to make changes before it was officially announced.

Didn't take me long. I already made a reservation in Pop Century 5/25-5/29 then cancelled everything around my 3/30-4/2 trip. I also had a dessert party scheduled which originally required you to call to cancel. As you can imagine all lines are busy. Didn't take them long to add a "cancel" button for the dessert party. Now, I'm re-starting fresh. I've already made dining reservations and my FP+ selections begin 3/26. I'm good.

JohnD

Disney Springs is just a mall. I think it will stay open till they close down malls and restaurants. But even in Italy bars and restaurants are still allowed to be open as long as people keep there 1 m distance.

Downtown Disney at DLR is also remaining open for the same reason. It's also a mall. Not a park with admission.

Flugell

Thanks. I realise Disney Springs is a Mall, with overpriced and underpopulated “high end” shops but it will provide more food options and that will be of benefit to the people who remain in the hotel until they can be sent home- providing they can still get transport to and fro! Bet Disney wish Disney Quest was still operating!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Florida announces 15 new cases tonight -

ES9QWGUXsAELXAU.jpeg

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Disney has no excuse to have any element of the park in anything less than perfect condition when they open back up, not with all these paid cast members available as extra hands. (Yeti excluded as that dude seems to be on permanent paid leave)
The best way to see the Yeti is to ride it at night. He still looks cool on there at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom