Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

SplashJacket

Here's the thing, we'll get a box with a pyramid on top and that's it.

Compare M:S to Horizons. While Horizons may not be impressive to everyone, it was a unique building that could be viewed from any angle and you'd still know what it was. M:S is literally a warehouse with a pretty front stuck on it, that can be seen past while on the monorail. Then there's the Guardians box, Tron box, the spires of SWGE (minor), and back of Pandora (slightly more minor) from just the past few years. I really don't have faith that modern day WDI would get the budget to properly design something that would be viewed from the front (from FW) and the back (WS).

I don't think all-side show buildings are necessary in every situation. I don't think anyone's complained about POTC or Splash being giant boxes behind the pretty front facades. As long as they are hidden they are not an issue. I do not think SWGE has an issue in regards to show buildings, I'd be intrigued to see what you're talking about though.

trainplane3

I don't think all-side show buildings are necessary in every situation. I don't think anyone's complained about POTC or Splash being giant boxes behind the pretty front facades. As long as they are hidden they are not an issue. I do not think SWGE has an issue in regards to show buildings, I'd be intrigued to see what you're talking about though.
That's why I said SWGE isn't a huge deal. The spires look great until you view them from a off angle and see the ugly supports coming out of the back of them and then realize they're literally rocks on sticks. I doubt anyone else pays attention close enough to notice that. It just looks unfinished from a distance. Luckily you can only really see that from the highway and a few other areas (I think Skyliner?).
Capture.JPG

Pandora just looks bleh when coming in on the bus, especially because it's the first thing you see of AK (along with crossing the North-South Korean border). Would it have been so difficult to toss some brown and green paint on the back sides? There's really no place to put tress back there either.

Pirates and Splash only really have the train to worry about but they're pretty well shielded. I don't have faith with Tron though.

Epcot's FW buildings are mostly 3/4's visible from on stage (Land is set back pretty far) so that's where my issue really comes from. If they are hidden, I don't have much concern. It probably doesn't help that I don't care for Mission: Spin and puke. Imagination is extremely visible from WS so I don't believe a box would cut it.

SplashJacket

That's why I said SWGE isn't a huge deal. The spires look great until you view them from a off angle and see the ugly supports coming out of the back of them and then realize they're literally rocks on sticks. I doubt anyone else pays attention close enough to notice that. It just looks unfinished from a distance. Luckily you can only really see that from the highway and a few other areas (I think Skyliner?).

Honestly, I think SWGE is cool from behind. It is definitely very visible from the highway and I'd say it is definitely partly intentional. I know I got excited when I first saw it driving up. I'd personally argue Pandora does more harm than SWGE in this aspect.

I definitely agree with Tron and GOTG being massives sores. But I have no issue with MS or any of the other FW pavilions for that matter. As long as the attraction does not break the show element I could not care less if the show building was painted pink as long as it is not visible from within the park.

MadTeacup

I'm surprised they haven't moved the DVC lounge to the Land's VIP lounge...if it were to "mysterously" happen to move for reasons. It would give us our first indication something was happening...
I would be very surprised if they DID move the DVC lounge to the Land's VIP lounge. It's currently used for training and for character break space for Garden Grill. If DVC took over, I don't know where Chip and Dale would store their acorns.

Either that, or just continue to leave the second floor of Imageworks a lounge. Lol. But in all seriousness, the elevator in the Land Pavilion Is getting updated, so maybe they are making itmore modern for future guests to visit the top floor (?)

I doubt they’re connected, but it would be cool if they were
They're really not connected, but not a bad guess! The elevators were simply getting beyond their serviceable life and needed new equipment. This is why the turntable at Garden Grill was stopped for a large chunk of the summer. The backstage kitchen elevator that is used to bring the food to the dining/server level was being rehabbed. To make the cast's jobs a little easier, they temporarily discontinued the rotation until the elevator rehab was completed. Meanwhile, the site-that-shall-not-be-named claimed it was broken... :facepalm:

DreamfinderGuy

The DVC Lounge at Imagination’s last year is 2020 per Disney’s official page for it, so I wouldn’t be surprised if a new location is being scouted or worked into one of the new offerings coming next year.
And it’s last year was previously 2016. Then it was extended through 2017. I don’t think it’s going anywhere anytime soon.

UNCgolf

Doing that would heavily undermine Spaceship Earth’s formal and serious tone. Even moreso than 2007 did. Let’s please not do that.

It would also almost guarantee that neither Dreamfinder nor Figment would appear in a new Imagination pavilion. They wouldn't have them narrate Spaceship Earth and then give them their own separate ride, too.

Last edited:

Epcot82Guy

I still hold out hope that Figment will be the pendulum swing for the "old" fan base. In short, they will bring back "classic Epcot" with a new, upgraded Journey Into Imagination. I'm sure there are multiple groups within WDI and WDW Corporate. But, I have to believe there is at least one group showing how the value of that investment after heavy IP investment.

I still hold out hope that Figment will be the pendulum swing for the "old" fan base. In short, they will bring back "classic Epcot" with a new, upgraded Journey Into Imagination. I'm sure there are multiple groups within WDI and WDW Corporate. But, I have to believe there is at least one group showing how the value of that investment after heavy IP investment.
Ok, my pitch is: A Disney+ Original Series revolving around Fig and Dreamfinder and then a ride integrating elements from the newly formed series

Homemade Imagineering

I wish they would stop toying with us...
Same here. The worst part about this situation, is that it’s been an elephant in the room for the past 17 years now, and yet Disney feels there’s more demand for replacing other attractions throughout the entire resort that don’t need immediate replacing like imagination does, I.e., GMR, or Maelstrom. Now call those attractions dated, or in need of refurbishment/replacement, which they were, however, not nearly as much as imagination needs to be replaced/refurbished. At least the two examples above brought guest satisfaction, and fans loved them. Imagination V3 isn’t loved by pretty much anyone, and doesn’t bring nearly as much guest satisfaction as GMR or maelstrom once did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom