Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

Ismael Flores

One day I want a screen to touch me for a change.
Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 12.15.11 PM.png

Atomicmickey

Starting to feel much better about my March 20,21,22 trip (even tho Touring Plans has the parks at 10, 8, 10 for crowd levels for those days!).
Glad to hear they are working the bugs out.

choco choco

I agree with this 100%, and I am also surprised they also built such a big beautiful waste of space (at least on the West Coast where space is a luxury). It's amazing to look at, but it's hard not to imagine switchbacks in the place of all that rockwork!

?? I'm not sure what space you think is available. Rock work does not take up much space.

?? I'm not sure what space you think is available. Rock work does not take up much space.

BEFC2963-6466-4DE2-A364-B174C8917C74.jpeg

I'm talking about the space taken up to the right hand side of the FP entrance or even down the middle of the entrance that you simply walk by and stay to the left of. Before you get to the scan point, on the left side you do walk through a couple switchbacks that are formed by rocks, however it's short lasting and they're less switchbacks and more of a winding path leading to the scan point. Avatar: FOP has a very similar outside queue but has way more switchbacks in the space than Rise and when walking through this section you wonder why they didn't utilize it better for queuing when the park needs all the space it can get. Monsters Inc. has a bigger extended queue area than Rise... Half joking but half serious, it can't be much smaller if not the same. It's like they decided last minute to throw some ropes at the end there to hold people for Rise.
I've seen a video of the fastpass side and while it doesn't seem to waste space too much itself, right to the left of that path is tons of beautification that could have been utilized also. Since the queue full is estimated to be only an hour or so, my opinion is that they could have utilized the available space better.

There's been days the line at Florida's Rise has blown by the full queue, extended queue, and gone out the entrance to their land. That's what will happen the day this turns into a normal line and they have to face the fact there's very little queue space for this ride, despite it being themed fantastically. It can barely hold a virtual queue's worth of people, which is a small piece of the real demand for this ride.

Last edited:

Nirya

It seems the reason they're doing so well is astonishingly low crowd levels.

Does that really explain the ride doing well? They’ve handed out similar numbers of boarding groups in the past and not come close to getting them all on. My guess is they’re starting to figure things out here, though I’d guess we’re still about a month away from it being truly consistent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom