News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

HauntedMansionFLA

Got on a bus at POR at 6:40. Got to the park at 7:13. Line I was in had a bit of a issue at the tap point so it moved slowly. Got into the park around 7:35. Waited at Animation Courtyard for a few minutes, decided I needed coffee. Still in the line at Joffrey’s now but I got boarding group 18 using the Demarke method. Thanks for all the tips!
What’s the Demarke method?

DCBaker

Premium Member
If 108 was the last group (no groups called for over 2 hours), it was called 4 1/2 hours before closing today as the park is open until 8:30pm.

Leia'sMom

When I was there in January, you could still get a backup boarding group for an hour after park opening. Are the backups filling up at park opening now too? We have one person in our party who is only there for a day so trying to think about how likely it is that he will get to ride. Thanks.

disneygeek90

When I was there in January, you could still get a backup boarding group for an hour after park opening. Are the backups filling up at park opening now too? We have one person in our party who is only there for a day so trying to think about how likely it is that he will get to ride. Thanks.
They’re typically filling all groups within minutes thanks to the 8am open. If someone has one day to try I would highly recommend being in the park before 8.

retroeric

They’re typically filling all groups within minutes thanks to the 8am open. If someone has one day to try I would highly recommend being in the park before 8.
I did RotR on opening day and was at the park at 4:30am. I realize it's not anywhere near that crazy now, but if the park opens at 8:00am, what time would you get there to guarantee a boarding pass?

DCBaker

Premium Member
I did RotR on opening day and was at the park at 4:30am. I realize it's not anywhere near that crazy now, but if the park opens at 8:00am, what time would you get there to guarantee a boarding pass?

Give yourself enough time to get through parking and security - you should want to be tapped through the turnstiles by ~7:50am to get yourself ready.

disneygeek90

Being at the parking booths by 7:20 should guarantee you’re in the park before 8. There’s no way to currently guarantee a boarding group other than having some quick fingers and a cooperative app.

As for ROTR today, pretty confusing day. Surely 108 wasn’t all they gave out this morning?

retroeric

Being at the parking booths by 7:20 should guarantee you’re in the park before 8. There’s no way to currently guarantee a boarding group other than having some quick fingers and a cooperative app.

As for ROTR today, pretty confusing day. Surely 108 wasn’t all they gave out this morning?
Do you think for the boarding time it's better to seek a cast member with the iPad thingy? I remember there were dozens of them around the front of the park on opening day. Not sure if that's changed.

gerarar

Premium Member
Theory time!

Yesterday (2/29), there were 71 guaranteed BGs, last group called was 142, so double the amount of regular groups. Basically half of total groups called were regular, half backup.

Today (3/1), there were 53 guaranteed BGs, last group called was 108. Again, that’s about double.

So, could they be distributing the same number of backup groups, as regular groups, once they decide what that threshold for regular BGs is?

There was no reason to stop calling BGs 4+ hours before park closing today, unless, they indeed ran out of groups and called up everyone. At most downtime’s run for 40mins to an 1.5hrs top.

disneygeek90

Do you think for the boarding time it's better to seek a cast member with the iPad thingy? I remember there were dozens of them around the front of the park on opening day. Not sure if that's changed.
If you can be first to a guest experience member it’s definitely a good fall back. If you are not the first or second group in line it’s probably not worth trying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom