News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Blueliner

I went to DHS yesterday. I arrived a little after 6:00 a.m., was near the front of the group waiting to get into Galaxy's Edge by the tunnel shortly after 7:00, and got on the MDE app immediately prior to 8:00, using a wifi hotspot to avoid Disney's wifi. I still ended up in Boarding Group 98! I ended up getting into the queue at about 6:30 p.m. I was sweating it all day, as I was in town for business and could only break free for one day and flew back home this morning. My family goes to Walt Disney World and Disneyland fairly frequently, so I would have survived if I wasn't able to ride yesterday. While I couldn't imagine the anxiety suffered by folks that have pinned all of their hopes on riding on a particular day, I'm just not sure what the alternative is.

As an aside, I loved the attraction. There were some moments where my jaw just dropped at the scale of it, and the integration of the cast members into the experience was a really nice touch. While I didn't find the ride systems super compelling, I feel like this might be the most immersive attraction I've been on from a story-telling perspective. I liken it to a really scaled up Indiana Jones Adventure (I love the buildup to the ride via the trek through the archaeological site). I'll admit that the IP might be part of the reason I'm high on those two attractions, but I can also say I don't think Smuggler's Run is worth more than about a 45 minute wait.

MJJME

Is tomorrow going to be an IT disaster with everyone (and every disney site) trying to get a BG when not in the park?

Also, a funny quote from today: "The First Order would like to apologize if this is your second or third time being interrogated by us today"
I would bet a lot of people in the area will try and get a BG and if they do head to the park. Got nothing to lose.

Hi I still have a few questions that I can't find answers to although I have gone through all the posts I thought it best to ask in a new post:

1) I will be traveling soon with my wife and 3 kids. Only my wife and I have smart phones. One we enter the park does the app automatically know that the boarding group includes everyone that's in my hotel room reservation (given they are in the park)?
2) Does my wife also try?
3) Do you open the app as soon as you get into the park, 759, or right at 8am?
4) When you select a boarding group, does it ask for how many?
5) It is better to log into Disney wifi, set up hot spot, or just use cellular data?

Thank you in advance

DCBaker

Premium Member
Hi I still have a few questions that I can't find answers to although I have gone through all the posts I thought it best to ask in a new post:

1) I will be traveling soon with my wife and 3 kids. Only my wife and I have smart phones. One we enter the park does the app automatically know that the boarding group includes everyone that's in my hotel room reservation (given they are in the park)?
2) Does my wife also try?
3) Do you open the app as soon as you get into the park, 759, or right at 8am?
4) When you select a boarding group, does it ask for how many?
5) It is better to log into Disney wifi, set up hot spot, or just use cellular data?

Thank you in advance

1 - no, you have to select who you want to be included in your boarding group after you try to join a group. You want everyone linked together on MDE (My Disney Experience)

2 - Yes, your wife can try on her smartphone.

3 - Your preference - people have different thoughts on which method is best.

4 - Yes, see #1.

5 - I recommend using cellular data - however, plenty of people use WiFi and have no problem getting groups.

Hope that helps!

butterxcup

Was there today with group 63. Got called, kicked off with fastpass right before interrogation rooms, Rise seemed to open again, apparently went back down right when we got there around 4:30, while talking to a cast member with Guest Services a manager walked up behind them and whispered in their ear, right after they looked at us and said, ‘uhhh yeah you’re not getting on today’.

and that’s how my friends and I got a fastpass for Rise for this Friday.

Steve-I-Am

7:24pm. App shows Current Land status as "open". I've never looked that late in the day, but does that mean no more boarding groups and soon to close the ride (8pm closing) OR does it mean people in the park could walk on the ride? Does anyone know? Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom