News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

DarkMetroid567

The theory that we have is they test the boarding group system before park open resulting in the first bunch of groups already being taken.

A good theory, but a weird one nonetheless. I do recall that we started at group 1 a few times (the first time was that infamous early magic hours), and the CMs on the front lines definitely did not take a part in any testing.

Set-up for virtual queue every morning consisted of two CMs passing out iPads assigned to VQ, FastPass recovery, and a counter for any exceptions like DAS or Genie. From there, we'd sign in, sit on the rockwork in the Rise area, and nonchalantly wait until 10 mins before opening and "Boarding Groups 11-21" or whatever number showed up.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The theory that we have is they test the boarding group system before park open resulting in the first bunch of groups already being taken.

That is likely.

And judging by the pictures of VIP celebrities in the trooper room with no one else around, those early groups are maybe reserved for those VIPs.

And who knows, maybe it's a secret Club 33 perk!

Not trying to add gasoline onto the fire that is this morning, but I tried from home this morning for a party of 3 and got group 38 (fresh start method). Travelling down in mid-may and it made me feel pretty good!

How were you able to get a group from home. Don't you have to be in the park ?

MJJME

Probably because half of the groups contain people who are not even in Florida right now! (I wouldn't be surprised that even if people left their boarding groups, those spots were never filled up since the boarding group joining process was already closed)
I was one who got a BG for 10 people (BG 39) and then removed my group right away and I wonder if anyone else got assigned that

DANDAMAN1

A little concerning that BGs were given out to people not in park. BGs gone in 40secs. Most people practicing claim to have then backed out or canceled their BG. Were these then given to people in park trying or they're just gone? Hope that issue gets fixed.

MJJME

A little concerning that BGs were given out to people not in park. BGs gone in 40secs. Most people practicing claim to have then backed out or canceled their BG. Were these then given to people in park trying or they're just gone? Hope that issue gets fixed.
If all BG's were gone in 40 seconds and none given out after then my group was not given out because I didn't remove the 10 of us until about 8:05, give or take a minute or so

EDIT: I didn't know I could remove my group so I did it as soon as I realized I could)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom