News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Steve-I-Am

Looks like the BG process today was a real.....
fork.jpg

I have a hard time believing any of the groups obtained and then dropped were reassigned, unfortunately.
I agree. Even if someone had miraculously both gotten a BG and removed it in less than 40 seconds today it doesn’t seem like the BG system is set up to give those spots back out. And it seems like once BGs are closed they are CLOSED. Not like FPs where when people cancel someone else can get them...

gerarar

Premium Member
At least the ride’s on a good pace so far today....it’s about and on track to call all regular BG’s (<51) before noon today!

BG 48 at 11:35am..

edit: I may have jinxed it........

Last edited:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
What happened today, makes me wonder if people practicing from home, have any impact on the chances of getting a BG from inside the park?

I practiced once, but chose not to go all the way (wouldn't want to risk taking a spot from actual visitors). Maybe try practicing this way? At least until we know for sure if the "practice from home" issue, is of any consequence to actual park guests.

A little concerning that BGs were given out to people not in park. BGs gone in 40secs. Most people practicing claim to have then backed out or canceled their BG. Were these then given to people in park trying or they're just gone? Hope that issue gets fixed.
I think the benefit of cancelling BGs if you don’t plan to ride is that RoR will get through more BBGs.

MJJME

What happened today, makes me wonder if people practicing from home, have any impact on the chances of getting a BG from inside the park?

I practiced once, but chose not to go all the way (wouldn't want to risk taking a spot from actual visitors). Maybe try practicing this way? At least until we know for sure if the "practice from home" issue, is of any consequence to actual park guests.
Well to be fair, the practice is what helps people get BG's since Disney does not even advertise how to obtain a BG. A big part of practicing has to do with your friends and family group, understanding the timing it takes to click them off, especially with people with large groups like mine (12 people but only 10 will be getting a BG)...........People practicing shouldn't be blamed for another Disney IT blunder that likely cost thousands of people in the park to not get a group

MJJME

I think the benefit of cancelling BGs if you don’t plan to ride is that RoR will get through more BBGs.
yes but the guess is that the ones that were dropped were not reassigned....they only offer a finite number of BG's per day based on expected availability (recently been around 150). I took 10 peoples spot that I would bet never got reassigned. So if BG 39 normally would have 100, I bet today it only has 90 because my 10 never got reassigned and they will still call the 150 groups, resulting in less people riding

DCBaker

Premium Member
Well to be fair, the practice is what helps people get BG's since Disney does not even advertise how to obtain a BG. A big part of practicing has to do with your friends and family group, understanding the timing it takes to click them off, especially with people with large groups like mine (12 people but only 10 will be getting a BG)...........People practicing shouldn't be blamed for another Disney IT blunder that likely cost thousands of people in the park to not get a group

The be fair though, you don't actually have to hit join a group after you select your party members to practice.

MJJME

The be fair though, you don't actually have to hit join a group after you select your party members to practice.
It did not give me an option to join group...…..As soon as I hit select all in my friends and family list, it assigned me a BG...…..Can others at home that got a BG confirm that this also happened to them this way?

skiir97

I've seen a couple reports that people who didn't even have a current active ticket were able to get a boarding group this morning.

There appears to have been a glitch this morning that allowed literally anyone to get a boarding group this morning; regardless of having an active ticket or even if you are on the other side of the world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom