News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

SteamboatJoe

Anyone got a quick TL;DR that I can share with friends on why Chapek sucks? I know he's also cut from the whole "There needs to be synergy in everything park-related or it doesn't go forwards" cloth as Iger.
His decisions are solely based on what is going to move the most merchandise. He sees everything as a possible vending machine. Story, quality, service, and company heritage seem of little concern to him.

Timmay

One nightmare has ended, another is about to begin.
F1076F3E-480C-4223-BFD5-D40205B1AB44.jpeg

jrhwdw

Hopefully Chappie KNOWS how IMPORTANT WDW's 50th IS!!!!!! If the 50th Bombs, Attendance/Stock will be down ......and THEN What's Disney going to do!!!!!!!!

FrankLapidus

It is the gravitas of the role.... Disney, Eisner, Iger all made huge long term transformational changes to the company, and have the customer and story as the driver of all decisions (Not $$$ first)... I know some will disagree with me, but my issue with Bob is he is a bean counter.... He would likely see the purchase of Pixar or Marvel as a risk to the balance sheet and not transformational. He wouldn't be able to turn the ship from a cable driven model to the streaming powerhouse the firm will be.... I just don't see him as doing anything but managing cost and keeping the slow moving taxi between the lines..... He has big shoes to fill, and I don't see him as having "the special sauce"

I think the timing is to give the board 22 months to change their mind, and have Bob in their back pocket incase Chapek doesn't work out....

His (Chapek's) first decision is to replace himself...... that decision will speak volumes.....

Make no mistake, this will go down as one of the biggest mistakes, and stupidest decisions, in the history of TWDC.

There is no silver lining to this, no tiny sliver of hope to cling to that this will somehow defy any of our worst expectations and work out for the better. Chapek is a horrible, horrible choice - he should be getting booted out of the company, not elevated to lead it.

If you’re a Disney fan, this is just awful.

VJ

Hopefully Chappie KNOWS how IMPORTANT WDW's 50th IS!!!!!! If the 50th Bombs, Attendance/Stock will be down ......and THEN What's Disney going to do!!!!!!!!
Excuse me, one second...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA
...okay, sorry. What is it you were saying?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom