News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

Cmdr_Crimson

It's inevitable....
bo3zf.gif

SteamboatJoe

"Above all the acquisitions of content, and above all the advancements in technology, Bob Iger staked his personal legacy on opening an ambitious new Magic Kingdom in Shanghai, China. In his eyes, the company's future depended on it."

This quote from The Imagineering Story has been stuck in my head for weeks, and I have to say it hasn't aged well...
Shanghai is starting to seem like a seriously major mistake.

bartholomr4

It might be less time consuming to ask what he’s done right.

It is the gravitas of the role.... Disney, Eisner, Iger all made huge long term transformational changes to the company, and have the customer and story as the driver of all decisions (Not $$$ first)... I know some will disagree with me, but my issue with Bob Chapek is he is a bean counter.... He would likely see the purchase of Pixar or Marvel as a risk to the balance sheet and not transformational. He wouldn't be able to turn the ship from a cable driven model to the streaming powerhouse the firm will be.... I just don't see him as doing anything but managing cost and keeping the slow moving taxi between the lines..... He has big shoes to fill, and I don't see him as having "the special sauce"

I think the timing is to give the board 22 months to change their mind, and have Bob Iger in their back pocket incase Chapek doesn't work out....

His (Chapek's) first decision is to replace himself...... that decision will speak volumes.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom