The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

KBLovedDisney

Life Update:

I decided to break the awkwardness of the ice and reached out to the group to see what was going on, and glad I did.

Yes, we may have jumped to conclusions slightly, but they were going to a high school reunion of sorts or something along those lines and just decided to make last minute plans.😑 And yes, the friends knew each other way back when (so in that regards we kind of weren't really included).

But ya know you could have said....something!

^^^This is why I freakin HATE being left in the dark.:banghead:

MySmallWorldof4

Oh my goodness how petty of those parents! Shame on them!! While I agree there should be consequences if someone breaks the code of conduct, why would you sign it if you didn't intend to follow it? Have you told your daughter yet? It's so sad that immature parents ruin it for their kids. But I don't understand how the rumor got started about the coach ripping down banners and such? What a MESS! I hope you can finish out the season with just those who really want to be there, and get the problem parents gone. I wouldn't want to have anything to do with them after all this! Run fast and run far!
I told her the meeting did not go well. I said that a solution was brought forth and some petty parents poo pooed it. I said practice was canceled for tomorrow so the owner would be able to think more clearly. I came up with 7 kids from dd’s team who were willing to go on. They were not part of the problem. Their kids don’t deserve what happened. They have emailed the gym with their hopes of continuing. I emailed the gymnastics coordinator and said to her that the parents would be emailing and there are enough for a team. She said she thinks the owner is overwhelmed and doesn’t know who to trust. I gave her the names then. She knows they are good people. One even works there. I told her if she doesn’t even consider this, with people who have done nothing but show utmost respect to the program and her, then she has burned bridges that will not get reconciled. This is a small town. People talk. People are brutal on social media.

MySmallWorldof4

Life Update:

I decided to break the awkwardness of the ice and reached out to the group to see what was going on, and glad I did.

Yes, we may have jumped to conclusions slightly, but they were going to a high school reunion of sorts or something along those lines and just decided to make last minute plans.😑 And yes, the friends knew each other way back when (so in that regards we kind of weren't really included).

But ya know you could have said....something!

^^^This is why I freakin HATE being left in the dark.:banghead:
Well at least they had a good reason. They still should have told you.

StarWarsGirl

@StarWarsGirl I brought up at the parent meeting last night that maybe certain families shouldn’t be brought back in case the team would get back together. Someone jumped down my throat and said so “the owner will get to choose which kid comes back?” This was a problem parent. Other families have been kicked out for bad conduct in the past as well as not paying bills. If the gym owner can prove that they were part of the funding of another gym and they solicited clients from the current gym would the owner have a right to not permit those families to come back? Could you ask your dad? He made it sound discriminatory.
I mean, it's hard to say without knowing the terms of a contract. They likely have terms in their contract that allow them to get rid of problem families, such as refusal to pay or violation of conduct. But as long as it's not a civil rights thing (race, religion, etc) they probably can do what they want without legal action.

Goofyernmost

Well at least they had a good reason. They still should have told you.
I'm not sure about that. Unless, they have a pact of some sort, it really isn't an obligation for anyone to let someone know that really isn't involved in those plans. It's like you going to a special place and your neighbor being upset that you didn't tell them you were going. It really isn't any of their business what you do or who you do it with. In this case it was a semi-class reunion and if you weren't part of that initial group there would be no reason to tell you unless it came up in conversation, which apparently it didn't. I understand, to some degree that someone could, without knowing the situation, be upset, but putting yourself into a position that you automatically feel that every plan they make that doesn't include you should be run by you. No, that's not right. The proper thing to do was to ask once they found out, which they did, and the answer was sufficient to know that it wasn't any form of slight toward them. Not even something to think about again. Move on!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Oh, my husband does that too. He adds whatever HE wants to snack on, but questions every other purchase. And stuff like..I buy cheater lettuce (pre chopped) because I have a very physically demanding job along with everything I do at home. I try to save my energy where I can. Yes, cheater lettuce is more expensive, but it's worth it to me to save time, energy, and inevitably dishes because my husband will forget to put the cutting board into the dishwasher, or he just doesn't bother to do the dishes at all and -I- end up having to do even more. So I go to get the cheater lettuce and he says "Just buy a head of lettuce and cut it yourself." I said "I'm not cutting it. You want to save the money, you get to chop the lettuce." He did, but then I ended up doing the dishes. Again. The thing is he HATES shopping in all forms, so he gets grouchy and expresses himself by trying to micromanage me. If he'd just let me do the dang shopping instead of questioning everything, he'd be out of there so much faster. But he totally wastes time. I grab a net of mandarin oranges, he asks me if I really need that. Yes....that's what E and I eat for snacks. But you already have some in the fridge. Yes....half a net out of the 2 nets I bought less than a week ago...what's left will not last long. But do you have to get them today? You could just get them when you run out. I could, but I'm here right now and I don't want to run out at all. So now we've spent 2 minutes debating whether or not I really needed the mandarins when it would have taken only 10 seconds to grab the net and put it in the basket. And then he goes and grabs bags of chips, or melba toast with schmeer, or sausage. I can't buy cheater lettuce because it's more expensive, but he can buy a bunch of sodium laden junk food for himself that costs 3 times more than the cheater lettuce he won't let me buy. And then he grouches around because I made him cut the lettuce and I end up doing his chore (dishes) because he didn't feel like it. :banghead: I love him, but I can not take the man to the grocery store.
Let you???????????????????? Would you like a large or extra large frying pan?

StarWarsGirl

Oh, my husband does that too. He adds whatever HE wants to snack on, but questions every other purchase. And stuff like..I buy cheater lettuce (pre chopped) because I have a very physically demanding job along with everything I do at home. I try to save my energy where I can. Yes, cheater lettuce is more expensive, but it's worth it to me to save time, energy, and inevitably dishes because my husband will forget to put the cutting board into the dishwasher, or he just doesn't bother to do the dishes at all and -I- end up having to do even more. So I go to get the cheater lettuce and he says "Just buy a head of lettuce and cut it yourself." I said "I'm not cutting it. You want to save the money, you get to chop the lettuce." He did, but then I ended up doing the dishes. Again. The thing is he HATES shopping in all forms, so he gets grouchy and expresses himself by trying to micromanage me. If he'd just let me do the dang shopping instead of questioning everything, he'd be out of there so much faster. But he totally wastes time. I grab a net of mandarin oranges, he asks me if I really need that. Yes....that's what E and I eat for snacks. But you already have some in the fridge. Yes....half a net out of the 2 nets I bought less than a week ago...what's left will not last long. But do you have to get them today? You could just get them when you run out. I could, but I'm here right now and I don't want to run out at all. So now we've spent 2 minutes debating whether or not I really needed the mandarins when it would have taken only 10 seconds to grab the net and put it in the basket. And then he goes and grabs bags of chips, or melba toast with schmeer, or sausage. I can't buy cheater lettuce because it's more expensive, but he can buy a bunch of sodium laden junk food for himself that costs 3 times more than the cheater lettuce he won't let me buy. And then he grouches around because I made him cut the lettuce and I end up doing his chore (dishes) because he didn't feel like it. :banghead: I love him, but I can not take the man to the grocery store.
I can imagine if my parents went grocery shopping, they'd argue. There was an argument this weekend about why my mom bought so many bananas (she's making banana bread).

The only time they go is when they go to Hawaii because my dad is the driver on the rental car. Idk how that goes because I stay behind. 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom