Would it be better with no standby lines?

hopemax

Disney would not be able to maintain it's attendance levels with a system like this. They do not have nearly enough ride capacity.

What guest will buy a ticket if all rides have to be pre-booked and all the slots are already filled? A few, might come for entertainment (if the cuts stop) but a small percentage. Attendance would hit a hard ceiling based on a function of a park's total attraction capacity. Not a guest's emotional "I just feel like it" or "I think I'm smarter than everyone else at managing queues, and FPs." They would need many, many more 2000, 2500 and 3000 capacity attractions...oh wait, they got rid of many of those (although the utilization column in the spreadsheet probably looks nicer).

It's a danger Disney faces, even with the current FP+ system. My experience this week has resulted in the worst "night before" or "Day of" FP availability I have ever seen. Worse than Christmas. I have to assume that there is a large enough percentage of guests that are now "in the know" that it's starting to bump into the limits of the system. Up until now, people have tried to placate themselves with "refreshing works" but that will become less effective the more people try (not to mention the system crashing). But eventually, a chunk of guests will be forced to conclude they can't book their trip early enough to get the rides they want, and reluctantly conclude they shouldn't book that trip at all.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Disney would not be able to maintain it's attendance levels with a system like this. They do not have nearly enough ride capacity.

What guest will buy a ticket if all rides have to be pre-booked and all the slots are already filled? A few, might come for entertainment (if the cuts stop) but a small percentage. Attendance would hit a hard ceiling based on a function of a park's total attraction capacity. Not a guest's emotional "I just feel like it" or "I think I'm smarter than everyone else at managing queues, and FPs." They would need many, many more 2000, 2500 and 3000 capacity attractions...oh wait, they got rid of many of those (although the utilization column in the spreadsheet probably looks nicer).

It's a danger Disney faces, even with the current FP+ system. My experience this week has resulted in the worst "night before" or "Day of" FP availability I have ever seen. Worse than Christmas. I have to assume that there is a large enough percentage of guests that are now "in the know" that it's starting to bump into the limits of the system. Up until now, people have tried to placate themselves with "refreshing works" but that will become less effective the more people try (not to mention the system crashing). But eventually, a chunk of guests will be forced to conclude they can't book their trip early enough to get the rides they want, and reluctantly conclude they shouldn't book that trip at all.

Hmm, wouldn't that lack of capacity pressure Disney to build more attractions to meet/improve guest satisfaction? /s

Last edited:

FettFan

Imagine getting 6 or 7 FP per day in advance in exchange for no standby line options. Everything had to be booked at least 30 days in advance (so it can be adequately staffed per 100% known demand). No same day guests anymore. Your entire day appointment-only, rides, food, shows, etc. A specific number of allotted tickets per ride, per day, and once they were booked up then that ride closes off to any additional guests that day. Spontaneity only seems to add frustration in massive wait times, unknown crowd levels by the day, confusion once inside the park and 'what ride should we do next?'-type arguments. So lets get rid of all that. From the moment you walk into the park until the minute you leave there is zero confusion, nothing to consider, perfectly staffed rides so lower wait times, lower crowds getting rid of same-day guests. You could still aimlessly wander around soaking it in but there wouldn't be a random ride at the end of the wandering. Disney would love to have the elimination of all spontaneity so they can manage everything optimally. I thing this would A TON of the current issues and challenges facing the theme parks.

No. If anything they need to get rid of prescheduled FastPass+

Make it like Boarding Pass—you cant get one unless you’re actually IN the park.

Trackmaster

Actually, I do like the idea of FP+ for multi-rider groups and the SRL only for stand-by. Except they might need to go back to Disneyland's Fast Pass where you book your rides after you've entered the park.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Orrrr ... now hear me out ... just throwing out similarly valid ideas ... what if they removed all the attractions and everything was just standby lines until you get to a gift shop?

What if you entered the standby line through each gift shop that you entered through a standby line?

lazyboy97o

Orrrr ... now hear me out ... just throwing out similarly valid ideas ... what if they removed all the attractions and everything was just standby lines until you get to a gift shop?
Disney has been trying to do this for years and they don’t under why people are so obsessed with the attractions.

JustAFan

I would much rather get rid of all fastpasses and reservations, except for restaurants. Booking every minute is no vacation.
An experience for sure, but not one I want to pay for.
I agree that booking every minute is no vacation, but I always caution people that a Disney trip is NOT a vacation. At least it's not in my opinion of what a vacation is. It's a wonderful trip, a magical time, a ton of fun, but not a relaxing vacation. With that expectation, I'm hardly ever disappointed.

EngineerMom

The only thing I wish they would change is giving the 60 day window to non-Disney hotels.

I liked the old run around and get the fastpasses - I got a lot more steps so I could get that dole whip!!!

Universal pass for hotel guests is only for the 3 more expensive hotels or you have to buy it. The same system at Disney would mean deluxe hotels only or pay

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
The only thing I wish they would change is giving the 60 day window to non-Disney hotels.

I liked the old run around and get the fastpasses - I got a lot more steps so I could get that dole whip!!!

Universal pass for hotel guests is only for the 3 more expensive hotels or you have to buy it. The same system at Disney would mean deluxe hotels only or pay

The lack of constant and overly detailed planning required for FP+ makes it significantly less valuable to me than Express at UO where no planning is required beyond "Hey, want to ride this?" while standing in front of the attraction.

I could get 100% behind a fast pass system at WDW like what they've implemented at UO. It would be even better if they imitated UO's premier pass express after 4pm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom