News Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue replacing Liberty Inn

Bender123

I could be wrong. I’ll swing by either today or tomorrow and verify. If we see each other, the BBQ is on me.

Is there any possibility the meat is being smoked off site and heated on site? Its not like there aren't other smoker systems throughout the world.

Liquid smoke would be reallllllly obvious to just about anybody.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I guess you don't visit North Carolina then.
I’m from upstate South Carolina and I travel all over both states for a living. Vinegar BBQ is the worst out of literally dozens of different flavors to choose from. It’s bitter and disgusting.

Dukes BBQ sauce is where it’s at. ✌

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Is there any possibility the meat is being smoked off site and heated on site? Its not like there aren't other smoker systems throughout the world.

Liquid smoke would be reallllllly obvious to just about anybody.
No, they built a new kitchen setup around two giant smokers. I forget the specifics, but they are able to smoke a huge amount of meat. It is all onsite.

Bender123

No, they built a new kitchen setup around two giant smokers. I forget the specifics, but they are able to smoke a huge amount of meat. It is all onsite.

I should have formulated the question as "Any possibility they are smoking at an offsite location until the kitchen smokers are operational".

Combined with Lens info, it seems likely they are aren't using liquid smoke, but also not using the new smokers, yet.

Texas84

You forgot to mention one other BBQ sauce that's available -- ketchup.
get-out.gif

UNCgolf

I’m from upstate South Carolina and I travel all over both states for a living. Vinegar BBQ is the worst out of literally dozens of different flavors to choose from. It’s bitter and disgusting.

All BBQ sauce is an insult to good barbecue. Unless you're eating pulled/chopped pork, which is mediocre and exists solely as a sauce delivery device.

If you're eating smoked turkey, ribs, brisket, etc. and it needs sauce, then they didn't make it very well.

peter11435

All BBQ sauce is an insult to good barbecue. Unless you're eating pulled/chopped pork, which is mediocre and exists solely as a sauce delivery device.

If you're eating smoked turkey, ribs, brisket, etc. and it needs sauce, then they didn't make it very well.
Or.

Now hear me out on this...

You might want to sit down...

Not everyone has the same taste.

UNCgolf

Or.

Now hear me out on this...

You might want to sit down...

Not everyone has the same taste.

You don't have to take everything so literally. I was joking. Of course I don't actually care if someone uses BBQ sauce. Good, well made smoked barbecue (other than pork) doesn't need it because it tastes great on its own, but there's nothing wrong with wanting to put sauce on it.

peter11435

You don't have to take everything so literally. I was joking. Of course I don't actually care if someone uses BBQ sauce. Good, well made smoked barbecue (other than pork) doesn't need it because it tastes great on its own, but there's nothing wrong with wanting to put sauce on it.
That’s like saying good coffee doesn’t need cream and sugar. It may be true for you. But no matter how good the coffee some people will still prefer cream and sugar.

UNCgolf

That’s like saying good coffee doesn’t need cream and sugar. It may be true for you. But no matter how good the coffee some people will still prefer cream and sugar.

Sure, but that's not the point I was attempting (and apparently failing) to make -- my point was that bad barbecue requires BBQ sauce to be edible (either because of flavor or dryness) while good barbecue does not. Nothing wrong with preferring to have the BBQ sauce regardless, but ideally you'd have barbecue that can be eaten with or without sauce as opposed to barbecue that absolutely needs sauce for everyone to eat it.

Epcot82Guy

As a food geek (my other hobby), @UNCgolf is right. You should be able to eat good BBQ on its own. The sauce is an added touch based on personal tastes. From what it seems from initial reports, this is decent BBQ, maybe even approaching good. And, it's nice to have the sauce selection. Here's to hoping they keep the quality up - making it a nice addition to WS (at least food wise).

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
@UNCgolf and @peter11435 , I get both your points. There's a difference between BBQ "needing" sauces because it's not that good on it's own, and adding the sauce because you like it that way. I'll try the sauces regardless, with my fries, though!

Having different sauces available is a good thing. It's nice to have options.

Epcot82Guy

@UNCgolf and @peter11435 , I get both your points. There's a difference between BBQ "needing" sauces because it's not that good on it's own, and adding the sauce because you like it that way. I'll try the sauces regardless, with my fries, though!

Having different sauces available is a good thing. It's nice to have options.

I now hate you... **Has to get in his car to go get fries with BBQ sauce.**

John park hopper

I'm from the low country SC and mustered based BBQ is king-- not a big fan of vinegar BBQ --Dukes and Bessingers are my go to for BBQ

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom