Mandalorian and Grogu meet and greet for Walt Disney World

doctornick

Unlikely, Launch Bay's days are numbered.

If not Launch Bay, there's plenty of other locations within DHS that could be used. Since TDO never starts a new M&G without removing one, they can just go in the spot of whatever M&G is cut.

My guess would be in the spot where Olaf meets.

I'd be very surprised if they meet within Galaxy's Edge itself. Even ignoring any issues with "continuity" if that is important to Disney, they don't have any current space for a set M&G. Due to the popularity of this and the need to control The Child, they would have to be in a controlled setting, not roaming.

Parker in NYC

I think it’s gonna be more about logistics than about theming, to be honest. If the child is represented as a non-mechanized puppet, then Mando can carry him around the area and roam like Rey, Chewbacca, the stormtroopers, etc.

Better break out the first aid kits because that would be a disaster.

LiterallyNobody

Is Voyage eyed for black box?

Likely, and the theater from One Man's Dream would be included too. It's wasted space. I haven't seen anything solid on this though. It is a good, viable spot though.

If not Launch Bay, there's plenty of other locations within DHS that could be used. Since TDO never starts a new M&G without removing one, they can just go in the spot of whatever M&G is cut.

My guess would be in the spot where Olaf meets.

I'd be very surprised if they meet within Galaxy's Edge itself. Even ignoring any issues with "continuity" if that is important to Disney, they don't have any current space for a set M&G. Due to the popularity of this and the need to control The Child, they would have to be in a controlled setting, not roaming.

Star Tours doesn't fit continuity, it keeps up with current movies. Jedi Training, which is right outside of Star Tours is either going away or moving. There is plenty of space there for a meet and great that doesn't fit with Batuu. But I would not expect that soon. Olaf though could be swapped out quickly.

doctornick

Star Tours doesn't fit continuity, it keeps up with current movies. Jedi Training, which is right outside of Star Tours is either going away or moving. There is plenty of space there for a meet and great that doesn't fit with Batuu. But I would not expect that soon. Olaf though could be swapped out quickly.

Not sure if you are agreeing or disputing but that's my point. Inside Galaxy's Edge, they stick to the continuity. Outside (Star Tours, Launch Bay, Jedi Training) it is a free for all and they do whatever they want. That's why I'd be surprised to see Mando and The Child featured inside the land and expect them to just take over one of the myriad of M&G slots outside the land.

LiterallyNobody

Not sure if you are agreeing or disputing but that's my point. Inside Galaxy's Edge, they stick to the continuity. Outside (Star Tours, Launch Bay, Jedi Training) it is a free for all and they do whatever they want. That's why I'd be surprised to see Mando and The Child featured inside the land and expect them to just take over one of the myriad of M&G slots outside the land.

This is FIRMLY an agreement. Putting it next to (or close to) Star Tours would make sense. And keep some crowds out of Batuu.

MadTeacup

Everything in Voyage of the Little Mermaid had many high quality images taken a few months ago for archival purposes. Minor issues are no longer being repaired there, only things that would stop the show completely. I wouldn't expect Voyage to last past this summer, same with Launch Bay.
The archival photos were mainly taken because the show, with it's most current effects and lighting, wasn't up to date in the DPLE archives. A lot has changed in 28 years. I wouldn't read into that too much. Also, what minor issues are you talking about? The seats are literally the only things that haven't been repaired and, as I've previously mentioned, this is because they can no longer find the parts to repair them. There is currently a plan to close the theater for a rehab later this year to address the seats and to eliminate the remaining carpet in the theater. They have also recently spent a notable sum of money on new costumes for Ariel and upgraded lighting on the rain curtain with a newer style of LED's. This involved reprogramming several lighting sequences in the show that include every scene in the entire show. Mind you, this all means squat as far as whether or not an attraction is getting replaced.

Or the Baby Groot puppet that was used for the Star Lord meet and greet.
Dreams.

This is FIRMLY an agreement. Putting it next to (or close to) Star Tours would make sense. And keep some crowds out of Batuu.
The only way I could see this happening is if they put it in Celebrity Spotlight (Olaf's) or if it's an outdoor M&G at Star Tours with just Mando. (They wouldn't have a live version of The Child that would be exposed to the elements.)

RSoxNo1

Considering all the IP's available, the M&G at DHS are kinda weak. Would love for some type of Muppets M&G
We've had rumors of a Black Box dark ride for DHS, they truly need to have a venue with like 10+ Meet and Greets setup. The Animation Courtyard used to satisfy this but a park like this should be able to carry the flavor of the week and then some.

erasure fan1

Considering all the IP's available, the M&G at DHS are kinda weak. Would love for some type of Muppets M&G
Oh great, now you did it. A certain panther, isn't going to like that.

A Mandolorian meet and greet should have been green lit by the time episode 2 aired. By now it should be in full swing. The heck with time lines and just put it in Galaxys edge.

NoFunInBand

The heck with time lines and just put it in Galaxys edge.
The thing is that it doesn't really even clash. 25 years after Mandalorian you can just say the baby hasn't aged much because it's Yoda's species, and OK the Mandalorian is pretty old now but it doesn't matter because he's fully armored and you can't tell anyway.

The Razor Crest is actually included in the spaghetti of spaceships in Rise of Skywalker, so it's loose confirmation that Mando is still alive at the time of Galaxy's Edge.

Metalborg

IMG_20200304_083053105.jpg
This is more the reason why Mando won't be on Batuu. His helmet and weapon are on display in Doc Onndars.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Would be awesome.
My sister and I love The Child.
I literally just got a tattoo of him yesterday.
I have to go back for the coloring because its a fairly big piece as it was a cover up of another tattoo.
I may post a pic when its complete in a few weeks.

Well that was a long few weeks!
I ended up having to go back twice and that wasn't until two weeks ago and then two days ago.
I'll post my transformation.
1604677750976.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom