Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

rle4lunch

I've been informed that a big percentage of the downtime is due to the mechanism that locks the ride vehicle into the simulator base (specifically the sensor systems that ensure it's locked in correctly). Can anyone corroborate this?

If they care enough about the experience, this means they might be able to develop a new version of that system, so it minimizes those problems. Unfortunately, especially under current management, it's possible that they might change the ride experience instead - which, needless to say, would be tragic considering the accomplishment this attraction represents (and how it allows Disney to once again stand out against its competition).

I don't think this'll become a Disco Yeti situation though.

DarkMetroid567

I've been informed that a big percentage of the downtime is due to the mechanism that locks the ride vehicle into the simulator base (specifically the sensor systems that ensure it's locked in correctly). Can anyone corroborate this?

If they care enough about the experience, this means they might be able to develop a new version of that system, so it minimizes those problems. Unfortunately, especially under current management, it's possible that they might change the ride experience instead - which, needless to say, would be tragic considering the accomplishment this attraction represents (and how it allows Disney to once again stand out against its competition).

I can't seem them changing the ride experience, though, it's such a severe part and well-loved by everyone who does ride it. Without it, it really does become Hallways: The Ride.

Marc Davis Fan

I can't seem them changing the ride experience, though, it's such a severe part and well-loved by everyone who does ride it. Without it, it really does become Hallways: The Ride.

I was concerned about them toning down the drop and/or the motion base movement. Either of those changes would be VERY detrimental to the guest experience. It would leave the attraction without a good finale - which is currently a big part of what makes people disembark feeling "wowed." Those last few moments do a perfect job at pulling the whole story and experience together.

But anyway, Martin has seemed to imply that it's now a different issue (or set of issues), so hopefully the finale is safe. (Thanks as always for your input, Martin!)

Josh Hendy

Hope they didn't bet on the wrong tech for turning vehicles from horizontally-moving dark ride type vehicles into coaster or simulator type twirl 'n' hurl machines.

Everyone else figured this out quite a long time ago ... Spiderman, Forbidden Journey, The Mummy, Gringotts.

And by "everyone" I mean ...

rsm

Don't think they'll change the "drop". Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard/read ZERO negative reviews of the drop. I can't recall anyone complaining that it's too intense or too small. Our whole family loved it, and we have quite a range of intensity tastes. I think they really got the fun vs thrilling balance spot on.

Ghostdog

Looking forward to our upcoming trip, daughters high graduation. we have all FP+ booked, got all the good rides, we also have park hoppers. I haven't been on any of sites recently, trying to not over immerse myself before we get to WDW. I've skimmed through some of the threads on RotR but don't have the patience to read everything from the beginning. So here's my question, Can you only get a boarding pass for the ride in the park and on the day of your visit. And I'm assuming you need to try at the EARLIEST time possible? Thanks for the replies and sorry for the dumb question. :joyfull::cool::banghead::D

Ghostdog

Everyone who wants to ride has to have tapped into the park, on that day you want to ride it. Then, you use MDE to join a boarding group. You can have one person do that and add everyone to the same BG, much like you do when selecting FPs. Best advice is to arrive about 45 minutes prior to park open to ensure you are in the park before opening. You can request a BG when the park opens, not sooner. And, do it immediately as the groups are typically gone within minutes. Read this thread for the various strategies of how to get a group: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...g-groups-at-disneys-hollywood-studios.962202/
Thanks a BUNCH!!!

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Any indications at how long the boarding group system is going to continue?
My bus driver source gave me an update this afternoon. New date for the end of boarding groups is October 32, 20never. Which is also the date that Space Mountain is getting shut down to take out all the fun bumpy parts, ToT is getting shut down to be rethemed to Song of the South, Horizons is being reintroduced as Awakenings inside Spaceship Earth, and Dinoland is being shut down to be rethemed as Zootopia.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Not officially. But they are running less vehicles than dl. DL is pushing 30-32 and FL is still keeping it 24-26 maybe even less.

this is recent and doesnt change change what happened prior. You keep making all these broad definitive statements that are shaky at best

gerarar

Premium Member
Just got off a couple hours ago. Best ride ever!
Glad you got to ride it! It sure is the best ride ever

Although I do have to ask, was your BG really called? I mean you were 106, as far as I can tell, BG 104 was the last BG called for the night, unless this data is, of course, incorrect :p
1582695266453.png

po1998

After almost 3 months of running this attraction with guests(not to mention the countless days spent on testing prior to opening), it is embarrassing that they can't get this more stable. I would think this is "all hands on deck", and the staff/consultants/vendors who had anything to do with Rise are working non-stop to FIX IT.

So either...

A - the expertise isn't being brought in

or

B - they bit off more than they can chew, and can't get this atttraction more stable

Shut the thing down until it is fixed!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom