Indiana Jones Land?

Josh Hendy

I have always believed that the problem with MK has never been lack of attractions, but the completely inadequate number of attractions at DHS and DAK, plus neglect of Epcot leading to too many boring, outdated attractions with practically zero appeal.

Once Disney got the public locked in to the slogan of "4 great parks" implying near equality of experience, they milked it in a cynical way for far too long.

The stepsister parks are loaded with places where tons more attractions could be added ... no need to shove still more attractions outside the berm at MK or demolish Jungle Cruise.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
re: Carsland. I figured any chance of Mater's Junkyard clone was quashed once they added Alien Swirling Saucers. There's no need for it now.

Odd that LMRA panned out. I assume it was originally planned to be part of the larger experience? Now that Cars has likely backslid it makes me wonder what Phase 3 consists of; and what's been altered. Does Indy then get bumped to the front of the line or is there still a few "somethings" left to add to DHS to solidify Phase 3 and the larger removal of stuffs... Phase 4.

doctornick

It is RSR without the outside component. I’d assume the race would be inside
Pass. But I was told no Test Track ride system.

Okay. So it's not really RSR at all. I'm sure you can make a decent dark ride for Cars using basically the indoor town scenes from RSR, but without the rockwork and outdoor race, I'd be skeptical it would be anywhere near a headliner. Sounds more like a Fantasyland style smaller ride.

That said, DHS could use more "lesser" rides simply to balance and fill out the park, so I don't think a Cars Land without RSR would necessarily be bad. But if the were going add another franchise specific land (as opposed to a more broad "Pixar Place" one) I'd probably focus on something other than Cars - like Monsters Inc or Incredibles - if only to avoid the inevitable comparisons to DCA's land.

Animaniac93-98

When Euro Disneyland was under construction there was a concern that there would not be enough attractions to meet demand, so a number of smaller scale rides were put into development with the goal to get them done within 1-3 years of opening. These included the Indiana Jones coaster, the two rides in Storybookland, the Nautilus walk-through and others.

That's what the WDW parks need. A number of A-D tickets to absorb the crowds and give more things/variety for guests to do.

Instead we got the Iger-era shell game of FP+ and now they're playing catch up after a decade of stagnation and it still won't be enough.

doctornick

Odd that LMRA panned out. I assume it was originally planned to be part of the larger experience? Now that Cars has likely backslid it makes me wonder what Phase 3 consists of; and what's been altered. Does Indy then get bumped to the front of the line or is there still a few "somethings" left to add to DHS to solidify Phase 3 and the larger removal of stuffs... Phase 4.

Sadly, it doesn't sounds like there is any sort of Phase 3 planned. Which is crazy given the huge capacity issues the park still has.

The strongest rumor has been about the "black box" ride which seemed like it was going into the space of the VOTLM show. Even that seems to have gone kind of silent. It does seem like Animation Courtyard would be the logical place for the next projects for DHS - ideally connecting that area to the RNR area for better guest flow.

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Okay. So it's not really RSR at all.

It could be a launch coaster. Maybe an indoor version of West Coast Racers? or something to that extent:
maxresdefault.jpg

doctornick

The Pixar themed land was phase one. The Star Wars themed land phase 2. Phase 3 was originally Cars themed and phase 4 Indiana Jones. This was six years ago before anyone asks where’s the Cars land.

I'm shocked no one has re-posted the color coded map that @marni1971 provided during this time frame. I tried to search for it on these boards with no luck. Anyone have it?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
When are you dating the first whiff?

I can only come up with 4 new attractions at WDW -- Tron, Ratatouille, Rise of the Resistance, and Smuggler's Run. Mary Poppins would be 5 if that actually gets built, and it jumps to 7 if you're adding the two Pandora rides. Guardians and MMRR are replacements for existing attractions, so I don't think you can really count them as additions compared to brand new rides in a new space at EU. They're just replacing existing capacity rather than adding anything additional. Am I forgetting anything?

How many do you expect EU to have?

With four lands and a hub, giving each 2 main attractions, that would be at least 10 for EU, maybe 12 given big shows.

To the 7 at WDW you came up with, add SDD and Saucers to make 9.

Additionally, WDW transformed DAK from a half day park to a full day park and added a night show. DHS also added a night show. Epcot gets a PLAY! pavilion.

EU has 3 1/2 years to get that all done. WDW can surely add another 3 - 5 more rides in that same time frame, making the number of their new attractions in a 10 year time frame equal to or surpassing what EU will add.

UNCgolf

With four lands and a hub, giving each 2 main attractions, that would be at least 10 for EU, maybe 12 given big shows.

To the 7 at WDW you came up with, add SDD and Saucers to make 9.

Additionally, WDW transformed DAK from a half day park to a full day park and added a night show. DHS also added a night show. Epcot gets a PLAY! pavilion.

EU has 3 1/2 years to get that all done. WDW can surely add another 3 - 5 more rides in that same time frame, making the number of their new attractions in a 10 year time frame equal to or surpassing what EU will add.

I forgot about the Play Pavilion and the TSL rides, so they count. I'm not convinced we will see Mary Poppins within 3 1/2 years at this point, though.

Do you really think Disney will be building an additional 3-5 rides in the next 3.5 years, though? They're struggling to finish things (or even start them) that they've already announced -- it seems like they'd have to announce all those attractions and start building them within the next year or so to have any chance of having them complete before EU opens (that is if EU isn't delayed, which wouldn't be that surprising either). I'd honestly be surprised if we got even one more new attraction (that hasn't been announced) actually built and opened in the next 3.5 years.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
More than anything, I’d still reeeaaalllly like to see replacements for VotLM, BatB, and Launch Bay. I realize that replacing existing attractions doesn’t raise the number of attractions in the park... but quality replacements might at least create a higher count of things people would want to do. Also, a parade element for DHS wouldn’t hurt....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom