Walt Disney World annual pass price increases now in effect (February 2020)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney was never built for the masses as an affordable family vacation resort. /s
Better do more reasearch...Disney parks where specifically built to patronize and be supported by the American middle class. And they still are today.

That income number is just being pushed too high and that’s dangerous in cyclical economies.

Now, I agree they were never mass “affordable”...but they provided “value” to a large cross section with moderate means.

It’s that Valuation that can’t be broken and is being in my opinion.

GoofyInOhio

10 years ago I bought this pass for $700 (plus tax.) This now costs $2200 (plus tax.) Are the parks better? Yes. Are they 3 times better? No.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
10 years ago I bought this pass for $700 (plus tax.) This now costs $2200 (plus tax.) Are the parks better? Yes. Are they 3 times better? No.

That’s just the same two coast pass they’ve sold for $1200 recently...

No difference. It’s a sycophant only purchase.

Anytime you have to go 17-19 days to recoup the upfront, you’ve missed the point.

Astrotrain

◝⊡_⊡◜
Disneyland is expensive in other ways. Also one night in a Disney owned resort there can be the cost of an annual pass.

They're doing a lot of upgrades to the parks right now so I wonder if they're doing this to try to offset the price some. Who knows. I'm a platinum pass holder so it doesn't hit me as hard but still sucks for others.

Meanwhile, universal Orlando has very affordable annual passes in comparison.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Better do more reasearch...Disney parks where specifically built to patronize and be supported by the American middle class. And they still are today.

That income number is just being pushed too high and that’s dangerous in cyclical economies.

Now, I agree they were never mass “affordable”...but they provided “value” to a large cross section with moderate means.

You missed the sarcasm tag. :joyfull:

Missing20K

It was sarcasm

Touchdown

Don’t forget DVCers have access to gold APs so they aren’t necessarily hurt by this, it actually can be used as a selling point for the program (we notice you don’t come Christmas week or Easter, joining DVC allows you to purchase an AP for far less.)

However I know a fair amount of people at work who have done the “yearly trip to WDW” only because of arranging trips so that they can do two trips on one AP. This hurts those people.

Also, I know it’s tired and no one wants to hear this but, buying an AP is a business transaction and one you should only do if financially it makes sense.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Don’t forget DVCers have access to gold FPs so they aren’t necessarily hurt by this, it actually can be used as a selling point for the program (we notice you don’t come Christmas week or Easter, joining DVC allows you to purchase an AP for far less.)

Many DVC members buy the Gold AP, which is blocked out during Easter and Christmas. :)

Also, I know it’s tired and no one wants to hear this but, buying anything at WDW is a business transaction and one you should only do if financially it makes sense.

FTFY ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom