Journey Into Imagination With Figment To Be Replaced With An Inside Out Attraction?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I mean I really like the Muppets and i'm 19 but I guess i'm the minority in this generation.
You didn’t take enough of your friends with you...because even the “good” muppets move made $178,000,000 worldwide?

And then the show got like an 0.5 rating and couldn’t be cancelled fast enough.

To be clear: I like the muppets since John Denver sang with Kermit...loved the movies too...

But it’s not as popular as what Disney and it’s small number of fans thinks it is.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The key to the Muppet equation is simple - No Jim Henson. ☹ Without him, it’s just second- or even third-rate attempts at doing what came naturally to him. And we all see the results.
Frank Oz was very vocal about that when the reboot came out...said the humor was low brow and not satirical.

Of course - Oz should have duct taped his mouth shut and walked when he saw the awful dialogue man-boy wrote for yoda😳 - credibility is down

FigmentJedi

Oh, so Disney is responsible for Muppets flopping? Then how do you explain the massive bomb that was Muppets From Space? Disney had nothing to do with that. :cool:
The Sony/Henson deal being a bust wasn't the only big problem at Sony Pictures in the late 90s...
godzilla-1998-poster.jpg

n2hifi

The key to the Muppet equation is simple - No Jim Henson. ☹ Without him, it’s just second- or even third-rate attempts at doing what came naturally to him. And we all see the results.
The key to the Disney equation is simple - No Walt DIsney. ☹ Without him, it’s just second- or even third-rate attempts at doing what came naturally to him. And we all see the results.

FTFY

brb1006

It isn't controversial at all, it's the truth. But the puppets have a cult following here who are convinced that if Disney would just do the puppets "right" (and God only knows what "right" means), they'd be as popular again as they were in the late 1970's. Seriously, some folks here believe that. I mean, what the hell, people? Why are you so hung up on characters whose voices are bad, writing is bad, and results are bad (can't sell merchandise, flop movies, flop show). Why can't you just let the things die with a little bit of dignity? Seems to me that trying to keep a dead franchise going like a bunch of foam-rubber zombies is hardly doing the legacy of Jim Henson any good. Just how bad do the puppets have to be before you're willing to say, "Okay, enough abuse already?"
Where did Jim Henson hurt you?

erasure fan1

My point is that Disney doesn’t put capex dollars into “minor” properties that don’t sell a lot of swag unless it’s completely advantageous to them.
I don't believe they will either, and I sure don't think the muppets should go into imagination. As of now Disney + is the only real option for them because it gives the fans something without putting top dollar into it.
No, I'm not saying Disney is the problem. The Muppets are the problem. They're dated, they're not relevant, they're done. The current generation doesn't care about them
You did say it, bad writing, bad voices, bad movies/shows. DISNEY made them and guess what? Bad content isn't going to revive anything. I know this won't be up to your standards, but I'll say it anyway. I wore a muppet shirt to my sons field day. Kids from all classes/grades kept saying they liked my shirt. They knew the characters so they weren't completely irrelevant. Again no one is saying they want the muppets plastered all over the parks and a $150 million budget movie.
I dunno, why do you guys act like if I dare
To criticize them, I've insulted your religion
You don't just criticize them. You're the Jim carey grinch. "Hate hate hate, loath entirely." Every time the muppets gets mentioned, here you come to tell everyone how dreadful and awful the muppets are and how anyone who likes them is just crazy.

erasure fan1

Here's footage of Frank Oz's opinions on Disney's handling of The Muppets.

In different interviews he has voiced his displeasure with the handling of the muppets. And when asked how much input he's had with them, his answer is Disney has never reached out to him. Jim and Frank were the heart of the muppets. So to not have Frank involved is a shame. It's no wonder why they haven’t maintained a better following.

DanielBB8

I liked Muppets (past tense). MuppetVision deserves a new movie or remade into a dark ride attraction. Or possible a Star Wars tribute film that we seen before at DHS. Why are we suggesting Muppets should go into Imagination? Muppets, as an all American entertainment, should go into the American pavilion. We can have a singalong and have puppeteers like a Muppet Junior show for kids that lack things to do.

Cmdr_Crimson

I liked Muppets (past tense). MuppetVision deserves a new movie or remade into a dark ride attraction. Or possible a Star Wars tribute film that we seen before at DHS. Why are we suggesting Muppets should go into Imagination? Muppets, as an all American entertainment, should go into the American pavilion. We can have a singalong and have puppeteers like a Muppet Junior show for kids that lack things to do.
I think the idea of having them doing a Muppet Mania (TSM style) attraction would have worked IMO...

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
I don't think we're suggesting they should go into Imagination. It was mentioned as a rumored Blue-Sky proposal for one of the update options. And the Muppets are going into the America pavilion. Or, at least, one of them is.

Magenta Panther

"All-American"? The Muppet Show was filmed and financed in Great Britain... :rolleyes:

Magenta Panther

In different interviews he has voiced his displeasure with the handling of the muppets. And when asked how much input he's had with them, his answer is Disney has never reached out to him. Jim and Frank were the heart of the muppets. So to not have Frank involved is a shame. It's no wonder why they haven’t maintained a better following.

Walt Disney hasn't been involved with Disney for a long time (on account of he died in the 1960's) and yet the company managed to create a Silver Age of animated films thanks to lessons left behind by his legacy (Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid).

Jim Henson's legacy wouldn't even exist without Disney money propping it up (with the exception of Sesame Street. That got propped up by taxpayer money, that is, if you believe the begging we get every year by PBS...)

Magenta Panther

I don't believe they will either, and I sure don't think the muppets should go into imagination. As of now Disney + is the only real option for them because it gives the fans something without putting top dollar into it.

You did say it, bad writing, bad voices, bad movies/shows. DISNEY made them and guess what? Bad content isn't going to revive anything. I know this won't be up to your standards, but I'll say it anyway. I wore a muppet shirt to my sons field day. Kids from all classes/grades kept saying they liked my shirt. They knew the characters so they weren't completely irrelevant. Again no one is saying they want the muppets plastered all over the parks and a $150 million budget movie.

You don't just criticize them. You're the Jim carey grinch. "Hate hate hate, loath entirely." Every time the muppets gets mentioned, here you come to tell everyone how dreadful and awful the muppets are and how anyone who likes them is just crazy.

And you continue to defend them despite the fact they've done absolutely nothing for the Disney company that rescued them from the trash bin. As for "bad voices", that was in reference to the futile attempts to keep the puppet zombies going. People like you are cheering it on. Have you no taste? No maturity? No shame?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Yeah...not exactly the “victory lap” era for Star Wars
I think the idea of having them doing a Muppet Mania (TSM style) attraction would have worked IMO...
I think what we are establishing here is that more muppets are unlikely.

FigmentJedi

This is a rebuttal?

Wow, Sony had a flop with another dated has-been property, so that lets the puppets off the hook? Are you serious?
Godzilla '98 bombed because Sony gave one of the most iconic characters in Japanese pop culture to people who hated the property even more then you hate the Muppets and effectively kneecapped the character's international reach for over a decade. You think Rise of Skywalker spent a lot of time backtracking on or making fun of the Last Jedi? Toho kept making fun of Godzilla 1998 to an escalating degree in three of their Millennium movies culminating in rebranding the monster to just Zilla and having him get blown up by the real Godzilla in a fight lasting less than thirty seconds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom